Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream

Filtered by age: 25-29
Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream
Ultra Facial Cream

3.8

Aqua, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Squalane, Bis-PEG-18 Methylether Dimethyl Silane, Sucrose Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, PEG-8 Stearate, Urea, Myristyl Myristate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Persea Gratissima Oil, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil, Oryza Sativa Bran Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Imperata Cylindrica, Stearic Acid, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, PEG-8, Glycine Soja Oil, Tocopherol, Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract, Myristyl Alcohol, Collagen, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine ,Chitosan, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate.

on 12/6/2018 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

overall: 7/10

I like this cream overall. I got a free sample from Adore Beauty and have been using for the past couple of weeks. It's definitely moisturising and is non-irritating. However, I need a bit of a heavier cream for my dry skin, so I would recommend this for people with combo-normal skin rather than dry skin. Additionally, I'm not a fan of the jar packaging.

Like others have written I also experienced burning, so bad that I woke up after 2 days with little patches of burnt skin on the skin under my eyes and on my chin.

.. Never tried that before even with AHA, retinols etc.

My eyes also start tearing excessively if it gets too close to my eyes. Ugh.
Disappointed as I really enjoy the smell.

FYI, I didn't use it with any other products as I test new things out alone. I only used Clinique's Take off balm to remove my makeup before putting it on. I wanted to try it our for a month, like I usually do with new products, just to give it a fair chance, but this time I honestly feel scared as my skin just can't handle it. So I won't.

I don't think its fair to give stars if you are allergic to some ingredients in a product. I cannot be sure I am not allergic, but there is nothing in it I usually can't handle and my skin is usually quite resilient and I see many others have experiences the same. So, I did give it less starts for that reason. I am giving it 2 starts, one for doubt and only one more for the pleasant smell.

Besides the unlucky effect it had on my skin, it didn't feel very moisturising either. Almost drying down like clay, which I didn't enjoy. The texture in the pot in quite normal though, creamy and not gritty. Goes on okay as well, and as I said lovely mild smell of mint and something I can't put my finger on.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this cream religiously for more than six years now and it is absolutely amazing.

Great for dry/dehydrated skin; feels lightweight and smooth. Perfect for traveling or even during long-haul flights, when your skin gets very tight and dull. I like the fact that this is not a scented product and little does go a long way.

I speak more about ways to use this cream, as well as other skincare saviors in a separate review here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/03/22/sos-skincare-gems-you-should-know-about) in case you need more inspiration, but other than that it is a great cream for people with sensitive, dry skin.

on 2/12/2018 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Got the sample to try it out first, and felt a burning sensation immediately upon application. Not buying this product. Wouldn't recommend this to anyone who has sensitive skin.

on 12/22/2017 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have really dry skin with dry patches and flakes, combined to Canadian winter, this cream is not enough. I don't feel its moisturizing effect lasts.... Cheaper Cetaphil cream works better than this. I personally prefer thick and heavy cream though and this wasn't enough. Not impress at all.

on 11/22/2017 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not impressed. Does not hydrate at all nor make skin smooth, stings slightly upon application around mouth area, and caused small bumps (very few luckily!). They went away soon after I discontinued use. I used it one night only because it just did not hydrate

on 11/11/2017 3:49:00 PM

I don't reach for Kiehl's products because Cerave is usually my go-to brand for moisturizers, but a friend had an extra unopened one that she gifted me. I wasn't expecting this to be anything special but his cream has really surprised me. It is super moisturizing and has no fragrance. I use it as a night cream only on top of my Retin-A cream and it has blown Cerave out of the water, which I never thought I would say. I'd consider this my new heavy-duty, nighttime moisturizer. A little goes a long way. The packaging could be more hygienic. I'll definitely repurchase.

on 6/16/2017 3:15:00 PM

Again w the PARABENS ???

This made my skin calmer than the lotion type of the ultra moisturizer HOWEVER , it doesn't do great under powder as much .

Nor does it make my skin as soft as the lotion version .

Not buying it again unless they revise their ingredients to remove them pesky parabens!

I have dry skin especially during winter, it becomes better during summer.
This was very good for the dry patches on my face when nothing else worked, during winter. It’s almost summer now and I was expecting it to become too oily but still absorbs nicely and my face does not become oily during the day either.
I feel it hydrates very well.
However, after long use, I started seeing some red pimples under my skin and this never happened to me before. I will discontinue and start using again later on to see if this cream is guilty.

Update (one year later now) - I continued using during summer and it was not too oily. However my face keeps getting dryer as I age and this winter the cream version did not solve anymore the dry patches that appeared. After some hesitation and trying some samples, I bought the balm version which is super-thick and it works perfectly. So I will use the balm for winter and the cream for summer, and they both work with anti-aging serum under them (as they don't have anti-aging properties) and make-up on.

on 4/15/2017 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

29, female, cycstic acne prone skin, live in harsh Canadian weather where winters completely dry out my skin to the point of flaking.

- Amazing hydration
- Great for my acne prone skin
- I use a dime size in the morning and a large dollop at night
- Makeup applies amazingly afterwards
- Absolutely perfect and basic moisturizer

A must have in every girl's arsenal.