Rimmel eyeshadows

2.6

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/13/2016 7:30:00 PM

Jeepers. Recently bought one of their eyeshadows-Magnif'eyes in the shade Gold Record because I had been on the hunt for a subtle gold shadow and this one looked like the exact shade I was looking for at a cheap price. With a sheer layer I see almost nothing on my lid except for a few sparkles. Building it up it shows a little but causes massive fallout-meaning gold sparkles all around my eyes. Also, my eyelids eat this right up within minutes. Now I have oily lids and never use primer...but really??? Most shadows I use, and I have many, are still kickin-perhaps to a lesser degree but still visible- at the end of my workday...this is gone before I leave the house. To be fair, I haven't tried other shades in this line (Magnif'eyes)...and its been awhile since I've tried any Rimmel shadows...probably because they're always disappointing. I remember trying a few of their GlamEyes quads or whatever and promptly stopped using them until they got old and I tossed them. I now see those quads at the dollar store on occasion-that should tell you something. You can get better quality eyeshadows at equal or lesser price from pretty much any other brand-just sayin!

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I bought a single e/s Rimmel Glam Eyes Mono in color Gold Rush which is more of an ivory with hint of gold. I have seen better so would not re-buy. I use this color as a highlighter e/s.

To Read all 194 Reviews, Login or Join

Rimmel Glam'Eyes Quad Eye Shadow Powder Precious Crown:
Bought this @ Walmart San Diego. Noticed that also at CVS, the shadow in the pan looks very pigmented and sultry looking. But when I took it home and tried it on, it was a big let down. All four colors came out light black! Even tested it on my forearm and all the test swatches looked identical! All light black. It cost about 5 dollars. So I digged in the waste basket to fish out my Wal Mart receipt and got my money back. I last bought a Rimmel shadow more than 5 years ago, and remembered it was garbage. And gave them another chance by purchasing precious crown. I know many other women out there are noticing alll four colors of Precious Crown look black. Hope they went thru the effort to return it to the store and get their money back. A rip off.

on 5/19/2012 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have this in 246 Taupe Its a beautiful grayish colour. It's sheer, but you can EASILY layer it up. it's matte, but it's easy to blend. I love it as a wash of colour and some eye liner! very beautiful! The packaging is very cheap looking and feeling. But for the price, i have no problem!

on 12/13/2011 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Can't say much that hasn't been said. These are easily the least evolved shadows out there. Poor, bland colors once applied no matter how ok they look in the compact, goes on powdery like chalk, little staying power.. Rimmel, you need to give your shadows a make-over!

omg worst eyeshadow ever wet and wild is better and its cheaper! like comeon.

on 7/30/2011 8:34:00 PM

Poorly pigmented, extremely chalky, and looks like cakey powdered on makeup. Don't recommend.

on 6/28/2011 5:36:00 AM

I have owned a couple of duos and a single eyeshadow from Rimmel, and swatched a couple more. Compared with both more expensive brands of makeup and with brands that are the same prices, Rimmel eyeshadows are poorly pigmented and low quality. The colours look nice in the pans but the payoff is poor, even for shadows which look very dark.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

The color payoff with these is non existant. Do not waste your money. You can get better eyeshadows for the price.

Like many reviews, it is true that these colors look beautiful in the package, but when you put them on your skin they are so faint. You really have to layer it up and good luck getting it to stay on more than a few hours even with an eye primer. Will not buy again.