4.3

price range

Reviews

3.0

6 years ago

Deep, rich purple jelly-creme base full of microglitter in lighter purple and a bit of pink. The glitter is fairly subdued, almost to the point of making this polish more of a shimmer than a glitter, in my estimation. The glitter is certainly visible, but it's not especially sparkly in most lights. Application is all right, formula is quite manageable, and you can get full opacity easily with two coats. The dry surface isn't especially gritty the way glitters can be, probably because the glitter is so tiny and so well suspended in the polish base. I do like this polish, being a fan of both purple and glitter, but to be honest, it's not spectacular or especially gorgeous in any unique way. It's pretty, but I've worn and own prettier purple shimmers/glitters. If I hadn't already seen/worn so many different purple polishes, I might be more impressed with this one, but, meh, medium-dark cool-toned purple with lighter glitter in it. Okay. Nice. Fine. I don't want to discourage people who are interested in this polish. It IS very pretty. It does apply nicely, it is excellent quality,and, bonus, it's easy to remove, unlike a lot of glitter polishes. But if you've already got any glittery/shimmery medium-dark, cool-toned purples, you can probably give this one a miss, and you won't be missing anything.

About reviewer (301 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairGrey, Wavy, Other

7 years ago

I have this on my nails at this moment since I just painted them in this color and wow it is so pretty! If you love purple and glitter then you should try this! Reminds me of a sparkling amethyst and would be perfect to wear in the month of February and/or if amethyst is your birthstone then this would be so nice to wear. If you like medium/dark colors to wear year round then you would adore this. I think I would only wear this in the Fall and Winter season or for the evening since it is a dark color although it would look beautiful in the late summer too since the sunshine brings out the pretty purple glitter and it just sparkles and looks very pretty in the sunshine! ***Update*** 3/10/2013 - I still have this on and it looks freshly painted! no chips at all! I did use China Glaze First & Last before I painted my nails and again once after I painted them.

About reviewer (150 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

9 years ago

I own Ruby Pumps and Dorothy Who? from the same collection, and being a purple polish lover, I finally picked this one up on ebay. It's an almost metallic bluish-purple and lilac/silver micro glitter. Honestly, I'm a little disappointed in this polish. I was expecting a glitter explosion like the other two polishes, but it's not there. C-c-courage glitter is smaller and there isn't as much of it. On the nail, the glitter looks lumpy even after a couple top coats. The color alone is beautiful, especially in sun light. It's a good addition of a polish collection if you love your purples, other wise I wouldn't go to the trouble of tracking this one down. Sally Hansen Deep Purple is pretty similar minus the glitter.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairOther, Other, Fine

EyesOther

from

10 years ago

I like this colour, it is like a deep grape blue based purple with lilac sparkle. Needs two coats, but even with one coat it gives good coverage, and it dries quite quickly.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesBlue

3.0

10 years ago

Gorgeous dark purple color that has a lot of blue in it for me (dark violet?) but it didn't wear well at all. I think due to reformulation to be B3F, it made a difference between my review and reviews prior to the end of 2009. I have the reformulated version from the re-release of the collection. The polish started out thin but goopy at the same time, and it became thicker thru out the manicure. I only did 2 coats for complete coverage. I used China Glaze Fast Forward top coat and China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base Coat (IME, ChG products tc & bc work best with the new B3F ChG formula). Day 1 was fine. Day 2 I started seeing cracks in the finish - my nails are flexible/bendy. I decided to add a refreshing tc (Orly Glosser). It gave my manicure 1 more day then day 4 for the tiny chips started. Glosser may not have been the best for this polish anyway,and I had issues with ChG Ten Man from this collection, too. I don't know if it's the composition of the polish with the pigment & the glitter, but C-C-Courage was truly a let down for me. It might just be me, but I won't buy again.

About reviewer (268 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

10 years ago

one word! gorgeous. Everyone who reviewed this product took the words right out my mouth! if you love purple like i.. then c-c-courage should be integrated in your polish haul.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Relaxed, Coarse

from

11 years ago

Gorgeous and incredibly unique! This polish is hot, and one of my favorite deep purples for toes! It's an amethyst purple infused with purple/lilac glitter! this was long discontinued, and part of China Glaze's Wizard of Oz collection. I stumbled upon this beauty a couple months ago while browsing a local independent beauty supply store and just about fell over when I saw the $1 price tag! I hopped all over it and have loved this pretty ever since! Looks killer on toes, applies like a dream, and sparkles from every angle and lighting! Amazing polish! Raves from me!!

About reviewer (1078 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

12 years ago

This is a fabulous and (IMO) unique colour. It was released with China Glaze's Wizard of Ooh Ahz collection, and is long discontinued. I happened upon this one by sheer luck :) <br /> <br /> Other reviewers have done an excellent job describing the colour - a purple base with lilac-ish glitter. It's less glittery than Ruby Pumps, which was originally from the same collex, but still quite the sparkly polish. Once you have a topcoat on, it's beautifully smooth, not gritty at all. <br /> <br /> Application is excellent - 2 coats works fine for me, and it hasn't needed thinning yet at all. The wear is also excellent - it's one of the few polishes I've worn for more than 2 days, and it only developed minor tipwear due to my typing all day. Removal is a bit of a PITA as it's a glitter polish, but that's to be expected with any glitter.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairOther

EyesGreen

13 years ago

This is a very beautiful royal purple polish with glitter. I was lucky enough to get this HTF polish in a swap. It looks gorgeous on, but it is a little difficult to work with and takes 3 coats for full coverage. That said, this is a must-have for collectors so snatch it up if you can find it!

About reviewer (116 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrunette

14 years ago

This is a glittery purple polish fromt he Wizard of Ohhs and Ahz collection, which is highly sought after by collectors. The base color is a royal purple with a lilac (lavenderish pink) glitter throughout. This polish does not sparkle as much as Ruby Pumps or Dorothy Who to me.

About reviewer (114 reviews)

Age30-35