CLINIQUE Derma White Super City Block SPF 40

CLINIQUE Derma White Super City Block SPF 40

2.9

I was given free sample size of 15ml when I bought the Calyx EDT.

I have used Clinique SCB SPF40 for long time, so I will compare to the Derma White SCB SPF40.

Price wise: Expensive (About SGD 64/40ml vs SCB SGD 46/40ml)

Texture: DWSCB is lighter texture as compared to SCB.

Finishing: DWSCB has smoother finishing and seems to absorb better also, so I can use my ZA Whitening 2 way cake without caking.

I will not buy this as it is more expensive than SCB. I would mind to get during GWP promotion

Well, to begin with, I use this product because I borrowed it from my sister, I would not be using this if it weren't for my sister. I'm only 15, I don't have money to buy this.
Anyway, I don't have many problems with this sunscreen, in fact, I like it. It's not heavy, I don't feel heavy and I don't know what heavy makeup is because this is the only product I usually use on days when I have to go to school at 12:30 pm. It's quite thick but it blends out easily. It does make your face shiny but if you use a little face powder, it should work well. I don't have any reaction to it. My cheeks are flaky, dry and I don't know why but with a little oiliness from this product, it evens out my skin not to mention, it makes my face lighter. The product is pricey though but my mother and my sister trust this a lot so they don't mind.

My City Block is formulated for Asian skins.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not bad but it's not extremely amazing. I would buy it again for the high SPF.

clinique needs to seriously re-evaluate their entire sunscreen line. i generally love clinique but hate all of their sun products. totally dries out my skin, and leaves a gross filmy residue. the dry skin in turn causes breakouts. no good.

on 10/3/2011 7:43:00 AM

This sunscreen turns my face like a mobile glowing disco ball! Regret buying it! It's my worst Clinique products in hand! It even give my face the feeling of suffocated, does all the sunscreen felt so? I don't think so.
And I notice my skin tone gets darkened by the usage of this product. I'm not sure it's the Clinique DDM I applied is to blamed of or the Derma white brightening essence I slap on my face. Hell no, will slash it out of my to-replenish list. Not to mention what price I pay to get this sunscreen. Wasted.
Pro's ? The packaging is fine. Sleeky plastic ones for me to turn my face like a glowing disco ball.. Quite easy to reach out when it's in my duffy big bag.

Goodness gracious. This product was horrible! It was thick and very hard to blend out and is really creates a drag on your skin. It leaves an incredibly sticky feeling and I do not notice any brightening effect. Maybe it's my skin tone but I am NC35 for reference. I'm pretty sure it doesn't come in any other colors so this will probably turn out odd on girls with much darker skin.

For the price, a huge disappointment. If you are really in the market for a sunblock, just grab something from the drugstore like Neutrogena or Hawaiian Tropic (face) over this one.

on 6/11/2011 11:08:00 AM

I have oily, acne-prone skin. And I love this product. Unfortunately, it's not available at regular brick-and-mortar stores in my area. I ordered from strawberrynet.com. I gave this 4 Lippies for price because, compared to the regular SCB, it is pricey. (Roughly $50/1 oz. versus $18/1.4 oz.)

I love the "sheen" it gives my skin. It doesn't give coverage like a tinted moisturizer (which it does not claim to do, anyway!) but it doesn't give *nothing* like other moisturizers/sunscreens. It just gives my skin a nice glow -- dewy-like. (But do not fear, there is NO glitter/sparkle in it. I don't know *how* it gives the skin a sheen. It just does.)

I have used it pretty close to my eyes (but not specifically *in* the eye area - just close to it) and it hasn't irritated them at all.

It doesn't come out very runny, so I apply it rather quickly. I use it immediately after putting on Perricone's Advanced Face Firming Activator.

I haven't been using it long enough to know if it has helped reduce discolourations on my face. I will update at a later date.

If you see it in the store, give it a try. continued >>

on 5/13/2011 10:29:00 PM

I don't use foundation on a daily basis but I have concerns regarding evening out my skin tone and (of course) sun protection everyday, so this protect is my HG and wouldn't go a day without it. I find that I tend to get oily by midday if I don't use loose powder over this, so if I want a more polished look I would just result to that, otherwise if I'm just going to the gym and running errands I don't need to.

I have combination sensitive skin with some occasional redness and my (slightly) visible pores gets clogged if use something unsuitable but Derma White City Block, so fa,r has not given me any bad reaction. I

Great product for me as it is, I can understand how it may not be for some. The consistency is on the thick side--but what it does to me is impart a "glow" with a bit of coverage (foundation settles on my pores making them visible), and probably the tint may be too white and mask-like for some, but this disappears on my skin.

I used this while on a three-day beach vacation and my face never burned-- I had consistently reapplied after swimming though.

on 4/27/2011 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Meh...

I bought this, and it's light, and great for my dry skin, but when applying it, i get little flakes of dry skin balls all over! This doesn't happen when i use ALL dermawhite products on my skin (toner, lotion...) but God forbid i use a non dermawhite product, this thing is just gross.

on 2/7/2011 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The sa told me to wear it after ddmg and I dId, it make my face so shiny I look like a disco ball :(( I wish clinique would tone down the shine cos I thing this a good product I see my spot fade and my skin brigtened and didn't break me out which is really a plus and rare for most sunscreen/block broke me out and really love the high specturm spf :( but won't repurchase cos its just to glittery. Edit. 8/3/2011 I wore this with elizabeth arden white glove comPact foundy and love it...totAlly take the shine away and well don't know if it because of the dermawhite citiblock or not tha foundy Lasted all day...try it with powder on top ..will repurcHase.