4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

I do love this color - but it's a little more pink than I'd like (i like pale nudes). But like others have mentioned - this is definitely one of those lipsticks you can swipe on without a mirror and just go. My favorite from this line is Golden Splendor 805 - and Caramel Latte 799 is pretty much it's sister color for warmer toned gals. Golden Splendor comes off gold - almost a white tinge to the lips - and Caramel Latte pulls the same frost, but with a pink undertone (not gold/white). I'd say they are almost identical on the lips with being "frosted" but you can tell this color pulls more pink. What I'm doing is applying Caramel Latte on my top lip, Golden Splendor on my bottom and then mixing them. Creates a great frosty nude. However, I'd say that Golden Splendor is still my HG, but this color is more natural on the lips than Golden Splendor just because Golden looks GOLD and I prefer that. But if you want a natural glossy frost - this is it. Also, the smell is strong - like all the L'oreal lipsticks, but I love the gold tube!

About reviewer (430 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

6 years ago

I've been wearing the Colour Riche lipsticks forever. This is my newest color and I love it! Peachy pink champagne color. I love a more subdued lip and I love a nude with some shimmer. This is a great everyday, throw on without even looking in a mirror color. Some complain about the scent of these l'oreal lipsticks and it does have a noticeable perfumey scent but after I have it on for a few minutes I don't notice it at all. I'm a NC20 and find a warm lipstick to be much more flattering. Not so sure this lipstick would be as attractive on the cool toned ladies out there. I think this color is gorgeous and I'm so happy I found it!

About reviewer (143 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairGrey, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

9 years ago

I usually never use lipstick. In fact, I usually leave my lips nude or use very little gloss, because my lips are naturally pinkish, and I don't like too much artificial color. Besides that, I usually do my eye makeup pretty heavily, so I like a neutral lip color to even my face out. This is the world's most perfect lip color, especially for medium skin tones. It doesn't completely hide the pink of my lips, but it adds this gorgeous neutral color with the perfect amount of shimmer. You don't need gloss on top of it, ever. HG lipstick if I ever had one.

About reviewer (168 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Relaxed, Medium

3.0

9 years ago

I dont really wear lipsticks in the past, but recently i've really gotten into them. So I got this (l'oreal colour riche in caramel latte), this is the first lipstick i got. I was looking for a nude, but couldn't find one so i thought this was a nude, or close to it, according to the stick color on the bottom. The smell of the lipstick is DISGUSTING. It really makes me not want to wear it. The color is like a brown gold with like a shimmer, kind of frosty. it stays on okay, i guess. I dont think i'd buy again because of the smell, and the colour is not really my cup of tea. Im much rather get revlon color busrt, which is amazing. After I bought the this l'oreal i went on a huge lipstick, lip gloss and lipliner haul.. hah. but yeah anyway this l'oreal product isnt the best out there, just 'okay'.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

10 years ago

PROS: Not a sheer, not shiny, not matte. Just a creamy, luxurious feel. Yummy, almost-chocolately smell. Reasonable price. Gorgeous coral-tinged beigey gold. Elegant packaging. Looks good on my N15 (leaning to NC) skin. CONS: Wears slightly more frosty than it looks, which might be a con to some. ****There is a review for this with the name misspelled as "Color" instead of "Colour."****

About reviewer (944 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

from

12 years ago

>THIS IS A GREAT COLOR, I WEAR THIS OVER TOASTED ALMOND AND IT IS BEAUTIFUL, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS COLOR.

About reviewer (72 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairRed

EyesGreen

from

13 years ago

Wow, I think this is as close as I'm going to get to my beloved Shine Delice Toffee Treat that was disc'd. Very similar only this one is a hint more brown/peach and Toffee Treat is a smidge more pinky. Same pretty gleam that I loved about Shine Delice. I didn't find this in Canada though but stumbled across it in the US. So glad I found this!

About reviewer (800 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

14 years ago

Whatta great color. For reference I'm MMM beige with cool undertones and lightly pigmented lips. I have a hard time wearing warm colors, so of course I love them and am constantly on the look out for gloss and ls in corals and peaches I can pull off. This is definitely one of them. In the tube it's a light to medium peachy brownish color with gold overtones and maybe a touch of rose which is probably why I can wear it. Definitely has some gold shimmer, but is not frosty or garish at all. Just short of shimmerish. Color on my lips a cooler light to medium true peach color with fine gold shimmer. Goes on smooth and creamy and is slightly buildable. I don't feel the need to wear gloss over this at all, which is nice. Staying power is just OK. Gone after about 2-3 hours, but doesn't leave shimmer/glitter behind. A very natural summery color that I ♥♥♥

About reviewer (1099 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral