TheBalm Stainiac in Prom Queen

TheBalm Stainiac in Prom Queen
Enter Title

4.2

on 2/28/2013 8:31:00 PM

Awesome stuff! I love the idea of lip/cheek stains but most of them are either too drying, or leave that telltale stain on your cheeks if you aren't blazing fast about spreading it. This is the slowest drying stain I have found. I apply a layer on my lips, then a layer of lip balm over it and I have a nice weightless lip color.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Before I begin, I'm not the kind of person who cares about what people say about what I put on my face. BUT, I have very pigmented lips, almost like the lips of a smoker except that I don't smoke. I hate it when people ask me whether I smoke or not because my lips are dark, I have med-dark skin so supposedly it's normal for me to have pigmented lips. I want to camouflage my dark lips but I hate lipstick and the way it sinks into every invisible fine lines on my lips, I want my lips to look naturally red. This is brilliant. It is drying, but this stays on for hours and it doesn't look matte or glossy, it just looks normal on my lips. I combine it with my trusty L'Occitane Pure Shea Butter as my lip balm to combat dryness and no one asks me if I smoke. This feels comfortable and it can also be built-up but this is perfect for me to wear on a day-to-day basis. The only thing that I hate is the packaging because the label rubs off after a couple of months but I think it's due to the fact that I keep it in my pencil case to make sure that it's always with me. I love it, it's just one of those never-fail products that you can always rely on. Will repurchase and this will forever stay in my pencil case.

on 4/26/2012 6:18:00 PM

this is possible the best lipstain i've ever used (so far), i've tried benefit's benetint, the bodyshop's stain, covergirl's lip stain markers, revlons....

THIS stays on the Longest, even when i put on chapstick it doesnt transfer,,, even when i lick my lips, eat, drink ( ya basically what the reviewer said below me lol)

and it doesnt fade weird, like the other stains used. i find this fades evenly to a more lighter/transparent rose/pink

it is more pink, but rosey....yet the color manages to look natural looking even for my light-tan skin... fairer skin girls will love this!

benefits benetint color didnt look natural to me, and staying power isnt great

hands down, new fav product! :)

glad i bought this.... the packaging is so cute too.

only negative, if it was just a tad lessss pink....

but still, like i said the color still works!

just apply a light hand..

u can go more vibrant, the more u put on...

can't rave about this enough!

sorry ...one last thing... this lipstain is... THEBALM !! hahah < ok sorry for that cheezness

TheBalm Stainiac is a must-have product for those who like to keep their products to a minimum, or keep their makeup routine simple. I love that this stain works well as a blush and lip colour. It lasts for a long time on your lips, and all-day on your cheeks.
I have this stain in Beauty Queen as well, which is more of a vibrant berry colour, and I have to say I prefer it over Prom Queen, which is more peachy-pink. Prom Queen is way more subtle, so it would be great for those striving for a no-makeup look. I simply find Beauty Queen more flattering on me, and a bit more formal for work.
The tube and sponge applicator are A+, since a lot of stains are in that weird marker format that always dry out after a brief time, or rollerball (vincent longo I'm looking at you) where way too much product oozes out. You still may need a finger to blend with this one, but I for one am cool with going around with a pink digit for a couple hours in the morning.

on 1/5/2013 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this stuff. I hate the feeling of lipstick so I've tried almost every lip stain out there and this is my favorite. I wish it came in more colors, but the Prom Queen color looks great with my skin tone. You can build the color up with multiple layers if you want something darker.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this stain! I received a sample size of it in my Birchbox and wasn't sure what to think, since it looked really magenta inside the tube and I'm usually more of a chapstick girl... but Stainiac won me over. It's not nearly as pigmented on the skin -- more of a rosy pink, I'd say -- and the formula blends in fairly well on the lips, tinting them just the right amount. I layer a little peppermint Burt's Bees over it for a moisturizing finish instead of lip gloss and I'm good to go for the work day! As soon as the sample runs out, I think I'm going to pick up this product in its full size.

I really like using Staniac as a cheek stain - it's a perfect rosy color and lasts a long time on my skin, which is nice. As a lip stain, the color is beautiful but I just find it a bit drying. It also doesn't last very long on my lips, so it's annoying to have to reapply - if I'm going for a stain, I don't want to have to reapply it! I'd purchase again but it's not a product that gets much rotation in my makeup use.

on 4/12/2012 4:57:00 PM

This is the best lip stain in the whole world. It is a beautiful, universally flattering colour. It actually lasts me all morning. So for about 6+ hours. Even when I bite my lips. Even when I drink things!

Once I've blended it in and given it some time to adhere to my lips (2 minutes, while I do other things like change my clothes). It. is. SET. I can put chapstick (even the waxiest) on without having 88% of my lip colour end up on the top of the chapstick.

I hope they never EVER stop making this. It's a wonderful product.

It is a little pricey at about $17 CAD but it lasts me about 3 times as long as lip marker stains which can be $10 each. So actually it's economical too.

on 3/19/2011 8:13:00 AM

Love this stain! it has the perfect berry color, similar to benetint but more subtle and much easier to apply. it has more of a gel texture, much like the body shop one but doesn`t get streaky. it also doesn`t dry so quickly so it is much easier to blend. also, it doesn`t smudge around my foundation underneath (unlike benetint) it which is a great thing since I do have quite a few red spots on my cheeks to cover.
it gives me this "I am in love" kind of rosy flush which I love. I also like to wear this underneath MAC well dressed, they match very well.
not sure how well this will show up on darker skintones but on lips it should work for those as well.
pretty pretty pretty!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This was the first stain I've tried, so I can't compare it to anything else. I have also only used it on my lips.

I bought the colour "Prom Queen," which, on my lips, is a strawberry/reddish/pinish colour. It's housed in a tube that is easy to use, and not messy in the least (like Benetint could potentially be.) It goes on with a doe-foot applicator, which is simple to use.

The product has a gel-type feel, which goes on smoothly. It has a very faint synthetic/chemically smell, but goes away as soon as you spread it on your lips, and isn't offensive in the least. I didn't notice any taste, either. Once on, it gave my lips a dark pink/reddish hue, which was sticky for the first minute, after which the tackiness disappeared. The colour is easily layered for a darker, more pronounced colour.

I didn't love it on it's own, but definitely love it layered under various lipsticks and glosses. Only thing is, I completely agree with other posters that it's definitely NOT long lasting (which a stain should be). It lasts an hour and a half at most on my lips, after which it's mostly gone and I have to reapply.

I'm not sure if I would repurchase....i can easily get the same look with various lipsticks and glosses. The price wasn't too bad, and I could see this lasting me a long time.

On the fence with this....definitely not my holy grail, but I still like it and will continue to use it.

Popular Lips Products