Maybelline Shiny-licious in Chocolate Cherry

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Favorite lip gloss ever, the color was perfect--it was my holy grail, then they discontinued it :( so bummed, I haven't been able to find anything to replace it, time to stock up on ebay while I can.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this as a gift in a swap. I would not have picked this color on my own as I am very fair with blonde hair and green eyes. It looked way too dark for me.

However, I tried it, and it is a nice sheery brownish red color. I have almost no pigment on my lips so it is a nice neutral pick me up. I do not like the foam applicator but it does help it go on more smoothly than other glosses like juicy tubes and colour juices.

I wish it was a bit more sticky so it would last longer, but this is a nice gloss.

EDIT to say that I somehow developed an allergy to this so now I cannot use it. I cannot use a lot of lipglosses/lipsticks now, so I will not be repurchasing.

on 11/28/2006 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

this is a GORGEOUS color - very subtle, YLBB, muted plummy/brown/berry color with NO sparkles! and, unlike many of the other colors in this line, it actually smells GOOD! just faintly sweet - no weird tutti-frutti, gag-inducing odor. as for the applicator, i actually like! it's totally different from anything else i have, it works well, and it's kind of fun. i don't mind so much that these are hit-and-miss (with the flavors/scents) - they're dirt cheap!

on 5/16/2006 6:44:00 PM

This is a good every day color on the lips. Not too dark or pigmented. Just enough pizazz to look finished. Sort of a brownish red-raisin color.
Like my lips only a bit darker. I like that it is not shiny or metallic.
I'm not too fond of the slanted foam tip, but it is a good size to put in my bag.
It's cheap enough also to try different colors, too.
As for staying power, it lasts a couple of hours on me before needing re-application.