Maybelline Shiny-licious in Chocolate Cherry

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

like a reviewer below, my boyfriend picked this up for me as a little surprise and i was totally afraid of the color. i have basically avoided wearing it for a long time now... alone, i find it darkens my lips (which i hate) and gives them a shine. worn over lipstick however- gorgeous! i just tried it over pink diamond, a lipstick i got from lancome as a GWP, and it really transforms the color into something richer, and brings my look, together (A pronounced blueish eye today with moon flower). pink diamond has been described by some to be like viva glam V but slightly pinker. can't wait to try this over more lipsticks!

on 5/6/2006 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I wanted to find a cheaper and less shiny alternative to one of my favorite lipglosses, Stila Lipglaze in Blackberry. Chocolate Cherry is a brownish plum colored gloss. It is not sticky at all, and not as glassy shiny as Stila Lipglaze. I like the color on my lips -- I am a warm-toned CCC, and Chocolate Cherry adds a tiny bit of natural looking sheer color and shine to my lips, while letting my lips shine through. The texture is nice and smooth and makes my lips feel soft. Lasting power is so so. It makes me look like I have naturally mauve-colored lips, and that I just put a touch of vaseline on them. The applicator is nice to use -- has a slant felt-tip. It tastes ok -- of chocolate covered cherries, though I would prefer something fruitier like berries. For $5 instead of $20 for Stila, it's a good buy.