Maybelline Shiny-licious in Chocolate Cherry

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
No Image

I found this Chocolate Cherry gloss (along with Berry Sweet- a LE re-promote of Berry Bella, and Cinnamon Apple) at my local Dollar Tree. It comes with the updated Shinylicious packaging, and is dark brownish-red in color.

I bought it hoping for a sophisticated red gloss (like the wonderful L'Oreal Raspberry Smash) but on my lips, it applies streaky (only somewhat better with a lip brush) and the color, while pigmented, is a bit harsh for my pale coloring. If the consistency was better and a little lighter, I would love to use it more. The scent is pleasing, not too over powering of (fake) chocolate cherry.

Overall, not too bad of a gloss; it may work better on others, but I wouldn't repurchase.

on 11/25/2008 4:32:00 PM

On me, this is the perfect MLBB color. A very sheer, non-sticky brownish red. I actually like the foam applicator, I find that it spreads the gloss over my lips quite nicely. Works well on its own, or over another lippie or more pigmented gloss. I'm not a huge fan of the scent, but it's not super offensive or lingering. A great gloss, especially for the price. Highly underrated IMHO.

on 8/1/2006 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Why, oh why is this an LE gloss??? I love it! What a great color! I love that it doesnt have any of that glittery stuff. It's just gorgeous beautiful gloss. I want to stock up on this color but its so hard to find!!! The color is a deep raisin red. And the smell...mmmm....I actually think it helps me control my chocolate cravings! LOL!

You know what, dont go out and buy this....more for me!!!!! Hahahaha. :)