Maybelline Shiny-licious in Chocolate Cherry

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
No Image

on 11/19/2009 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this lip gloss! I found it at the dollar store and liked it so much that I snapped up extras for my sisters. It's a beautiful color, staying power is decent, and it smells delicious. It's pigmented, but not over the top---I don't know what people are talking about when they say it goes on clear. The one I have has a plastic slant applicator---maybe that's the difference. Overall, I highly recommend this!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this as a gift in a swap. I would not have picked this color on my own as I am very fair with blonde hair and green eyes. It looked way too dark for me.

However, I tried it, and it is a nice sheery brownish red color. I have almost no pigment on my lips so it is a nice neutral pick me up. I do not like the foam applicator but it does help it go on more smoothly than other glosses like juicy tubes and colour juices.

I wish it was a bit more sticky so it would last longer, but this is a nice gloss.

EDIT to say that I somehow developed an allergy to this so now I cannot use it. I cannot use a lot of lipglosses/lipsticks now, so I will not be repurchasing.

on 2/11/2008 11:09:00 PM

For me, choosing a lip color is always a gamble...especially since my skin gets so fair in the winter. But I have to say, this is one of the greatest lip glosses I've tried in a long time. The best selling point? It's not sticky! It glides on smooth and is very comfortable to wear. This particular color is actually close to what it looks like in the tube. Others of this brand/type are not, so be careful!

on 1/30/2008 7:49:00 AM

Maybe I'll be one of those few people who like the fuzzy slant applicator of this squeeze tube lip gloss.

I love it in a sense that, it's like using a wand-sponge-on applicator from other lip glosses, which i find more hygienic than a plastic slant applicator, which i find messy and more UNHYGIENIC!

color: it appears reddish brown in the tube but goes on sheer on lips w/a slight tint to it. in my medium pigmented lips, it appears mauve color.

texture: smooth, very fine, and shiny! i like the fact that it doesn't have shimmers to it!

odor: although it's choco cherry, i didn't smell any choco scent; it's more of cherry scent

taste: you may not be able to tell the sweet taste by just licking it but when you suck your lip, then that's the time that you'll be able to taste the sweetness!

on 6/21/2007 12:48:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The color is okay, but it looks different in the tube. Also, it really doesn't last long so I find myself constantly re-applying it. Beware-it has a cheap foam applicator that I can't stand and the smell is horrible!

on 6/15/2007 6:43:00 PM

I really like Cherry Berry (sheer bright red with pink undertones) so I had high hopes for this too. But even though this smells decent, it just isn't pigmented like Cherry Berry is. I was disappointed considering how dark it is in the tube. The color still looks decent on me (NC25 Asian), but I never reach for it, b/c if I want a nude/natural look, I reach for a nude/natural l/g, not this -- and if i want a dark chocolatey look, I don't reach for this -- basically, there are few situations when I think to reach for this. Plus it has that foam applicator that I just don't dig. I won't repurchase.

on 8/1/2006 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Why, oh why is this an LE gloss??? I love it! What a great color! I love that it doesnt have any of that glittery stuff. It's just gorgeous beautiful gloss. I want to stock up on this color but its so hard to find!!! The color is a deep raisin red. And the smell...mmmm....I actually think it helps me control my chocolate cravings! LOL!

You know what, dont go out and buy this....more for me!!!!! Hahahaha. :)