Maybelline Shiny-licious in Chocolate Cherry

No Image

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

I found this Chocolate Cherry gloss (along with Berry Sweet- a LE re-promote of Berry Bella, and Cinnamon Apple) at my local Dollar Tree. It comes with the updated Shinylicious packaging, and is dark brownish-red in color.

I bought it hoping for a sophisticated red gloss (like the wonderful L'Oreal Raspberry Smash) but on my lips, it applies streaky (only somewhat better with a lip brush) and the color, while pigmented, is a bit harsh for my pale coloring. If the consistency was better and a little lighter, I would love to use it more. The scent is pleasing, not too over powering of (fake) chocolate cherry.

Overall, not too bad of a gloss; it may work better on others, but I wouldn't repurchase.

on 11/25/2008 4:32:00 PM

On me, this is the perfect MLBB color. A very sheer, non-sticky brownish red. I actually like the foam applicator, I find that it spreads the gloss over my lips quite nicely. Works well on its own, or over another lippie or more pigmented gloss. I'm not a huge fan of the scent, but it's not super offensive or lingering. A great gloss, especially for the price. Highly underrated IMHO.

on 11/26/2007 1:51:00 PM

I love this color. My lips are dark pink naturally, so this is a MLBB color for me. It is not very pigmented - I wouldn't mind a little more to be honest. For the price, I can't complain. This particular color has a slight chocolate scent. It's not sticky or gloppy at all. I don't mind the applicator, but it goes on nicely with a brush, too.

on 1/16/2007 9:09:00 PM

mmmm love this color! my boyfriend picked it up for me on a whim one day and although i thought it was sweet of him to think of me at the store, i was scared of the color! i am pretty fair and usually stay away from such deep shades. but when i put it on i LOVED it. its definitely a YLBB color, but thats not to say the color isnt true to what you see in the tube. i guess i just didnt realize how great that color would look layered OVER the natural color of my lips. because it is a fairly rich formula for a drug store gloss the color does come out true. true but also sheer. it looks gorgeous on, it tastes sort of sweet, and its a great consistency. doest last all that long but fairly long for a drug store gloss. i want more shiny-licious glosses!

on 11/28/2006 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

this is a GORGEOUS color - very subtle, YLBB, muted plummy/brown/berry color with NO sparkles! and, unlike many of the other colors in this line, it actually smells GOOD! just faintly sweet - no weird tutti-frutti, gag-inducing odor. as for the applicator, i actually like! it's totally different from anything else i have, it works well, and it's kind of fun. i don't mind so much that these are hit-and-miss (with the flavors/scents) - they're dirt cheap!

on 5/16/2006 6:44:00 PM

This is a good every day color on the lips. Not too dark or pigmented. Just enough pizazz to look finished. Sort of a brownish red-raisin color.
Like my lips only a bit darker. I like that it is not shiny or metallic.
I'm not too fond of the slanted foam tip, but it is a good size to put in my bag.
It's cheap enough also to try different colors, too.
As for staying power, it lasts a couple of hours on me before needing re-application.