Maybelline Shiny-licious in Chocolate Cherry

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Gorgeous color! I love this! It looks great on my lips and feels incredibly smooth. There is a nice color payoff of a reddish brown, similar to chocolate cherry. I purchased this at Dollar Tree and I am so glad I did. The only bad thing is the smell is absolutely awful.

on 11/19/2009 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this lip gloss! I found it at the dollar store and liked it so much that I snapped up extras for my sisters. It's a beautiful color, staying power is decent, and it smells delicious. It's pigmented, but not over the top---I don't know what people are talking about when they say it goes on clear. The one I have has a plastic slant applicator---maybe that's the difference. Overall, I highly recommend this!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Favorite lip gloss ever, the color was perfect--it was my holy grail, then they discontinued it :( so bummed, I haven't been able to find anything to replace it, time to stock up on ebay while I can.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

like a reviewer below, my boyfriend picked this up for me as a little surprise and i was totally afraid of the color. i have basically avoided wearing it for a long time now... alone, i find it darkens my lips (which i hate) and gives them a shine. worn over lipstick however- gorgeous! i just tried it over pink diamond, a lipstick i got from lancome as a GWP, and it really transforms the color into something richer, and brings my look, together (A pronounced blueish eye today with moon flower). pink diamond has been described by some to be like viva glam V but slightly pinker. can't wait to try this over more lipsticks!

on 1/30/2008 7:49:00 AM

Maybe I'll be one of those few people who like the fuzzy slant applicator of this squeeze tube lip gloss.

I love it in a sense that, it's like using a wand-sponge-on applicator from other lip glosses, which i find more hygienic than a plastic slant applicator, which i find messy and more UNHYGIENIC!

color: it appears reddish brown in the tube but goes on sheer on lips w/a slight tint to it. in my medium pigmented lips, it appears mauve color.

texture: smooth, very fine, and shiny! i like the fact that it doesn't have shimmers to it!

odor: although it's choco cherry, i didn't smell any choco scent; it's more of cherry scent

taste: you may not be able to tell the sweet taste by just licking it but when you suck your lip, then that's the time that you'll be able to taste the sweetness!

on 1/16/2007 9:09:00 PM

mmmm love this color! my boyfriend picked it up for me on a whim one day and although i thought it was sweet of him to think of me at the store, i was scared of the color! i am pretty fair and usually stay away from such deep shades. but when i put it on i LOVED it. its definitely a YLBB color, but thats not to say the color isnt true to what you see in the tube. i guess i just didnt realize how great that color would look layered OVER the natural color of my lips. because it is a fairly rich formula for a drug store gloss the color does come out true. true but also sheer. it looks gorgeous on, it tastes sort of sweet, and its a great consistency. doest last all that long but fairly long for a drug store gloss. i want more shiny-licious glosses!

on 11/28/2006 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

this is a GORGEOUS color - very subtle, YLBB, muted plummy/brown/berry color with NO sparkles! and, unlike many of the other colors in this line, it actually smells GOOD! just faintly sweet - no weird tutti-frutti, gag-inducing odor. as for the applicator, i actually like! it's totally different from anything else i have, it works well, and it's kind of fun. i don't mind so much that these are hit-and-miss (with the flavors/scents) - they're dirt cheap!

on 8/1/2006 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Why, oh why is this an LE gloss??? I love it! What a great color! I love that it doesnt have any of that glittery stuff. It's just gorgeous beautiful gloss. I want to stock up on this color but its so hard to find!!! The color is a deep raisin red. And the smell...mmmm....I actually think it helps me control my chocolate cravings! LOL!

You know what, dont go out and buy this....more for me!!!!! Hahahaha. :)

on 11/25/2008 4:32:00 PM

On me, this is the perfect MLBB color. A very sheer, non-sticky brownish red. I actually like the foam applicator, I find that it spreads the gloss over my lips quite nicely. Works well on its own, or over another lippie or more pigmented gloss. I'm not a huge fan of the scent, but it's not super offensive or lingering. A great gloss, especially for the price. Highly underrated IMHO.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this as a gift in a swap. I would not have picked this color on my own as I am very fair with blonde hair and green eyes. It looked way too dark for me.

However, I tried it, and it is a nice sheery brownish red color. I have almost no pigment on my lips so it is a nice neutral pick me up. I do not like the foam applicator but it does help it go on more smoothly than other glosses like juicy tubes and colour juices.

I wish it was a bit more sticky so it would last longer, but this is a nice gloss.

EDIT to say that I somehow developed an allergy to this so now I cannot use it. I cannot use a lot of lipglosses/lipsticks now, so I will not be repurchasing.