Olay Everyday Sunshine

No Image

2.5

I couldn't live without this! I don't know why the reviews are so bad because this is a saviour for me. I have such dull pale skin and no matter what radiance products I use nothing brightens it up (other than makeup). However this does. It gives a gorgeous tanned glow and doesn't look at all fake or orange. I have gotten compliments when I have in on, it looks like I have come back from a holiday with a natural glowing tan. It makes my skin look glowing, clear and smooth and you could never guess that I had anything on my skin it looks like my natural skin colour. I put it on at night because it is quite greasy and then when I wake up in the morning my skin looks amazing. I don't use it everynight though as I would be afraid it would block my pores with the thick creamy texture, so I would only use it when I want to look tanned or when my skin is not at it's best, if I was staying over in a friends house or something, I would wear it so in the morning my skin will be glowing and my friends would think its my natural bare skin haha.
Pro's:
Not at all orange, completely natural
Gives a lovely colour
Redness is not nearly as clear
Boost confidence
Not at all patchy
Skin looks smoother
Looks like it is you natural skin tone
Cheap
Nice smell
Stays on when swimming, water doesn't make it come off
Con's
Thick and greasy texture
Takes ages to sink in
May block pore

I personally recommend to apply it at night and not in the morning because it will make your skin look greasy if its just freshly applied in the morning whereas if applied at night it will sink in and your skin will be glowing in the morning and not at all greasy.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I used this product years ago,and absolutely loved it!Everyone would ask was my tan real because you just couldnt tell!But ive started using it again,and its just not the same.It feels kind of sticky to put on,and dosent dry quickly.As well the smell,although not too unpleasant,clings to your clothes.Although its not a terrible product,I'd only buy it if i was stuck for a tan,as the smell lasted for ages afterwards.

Didn't like this at all. It made my face super greasy and instead of a tan I ended up breaking out

wasn't very good. took forever to dry, VERY light color, streaky, not very greasy, wouldn't buy it again, although its not the worst one ive tried.

on 7/24/2007 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

So I have begun my hunt for a great sunless tanner. I'm pretty pale and hardly ever tan..just burn. So, I bought this one because it was the only one in stock, and at first I really loved it! It smelt great at first, made my skin feel really soft, made my skin look shiney and healthy, and gave me a nice, subtle colour. Four uses later, the colour had darkened into an unnatural orangey red colour, and the smell! OH MY!
I would like to clear something up right now: When people complain about the smell of these fake tanners, they aren't referring to the initial smell of the lotion. They're referring to the smell that starts to leak from your skin after a few uses. The smell that gets into your favourite pair of jeans and doesn't come out, regardless of how many times you try to wash them! The smell that smells like skunk roadkill which other people can notice!
I've tried to other tanners in the past, and this one has, by far, the worst smell! I do not recommend this! The colour is alright, but you'll stop using it after a few days because of the smell! If you're self-concious about being pale, just wait until you start worrying about the smell!

on 6/16/2007 12:11:00 PM

I have never used fake tan before and i have very pale skin, so decided to try this gradual tanner. It didnt really work for me, but it did go on evenly and give me a glow.

on 6/11/2007 8:43:00 AM

God awful. It smells nice enough, I like the texture but I got this flaky which looked like sclerosis. Around my eyes in particular was awful. Lasted for ages. This didn't suit me at all I'm afraid!

I tried it once and it did give me a nice subtle beginning of a tan, the texture was nice and it didn't feel greasy. But too bad for me it reacted with my very sensitive lips (which burned like fire for a couple of days) and it made my skin break out. so no good for me...

on 10/12/2006 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

what a huge disappointment!! i was hoping this would be a self-tanning version of my usual everyday Olay moisturizer, but this is nothing like it. it's heavy, greasy, shiny... i am constantly conscious that i have it on my face. how disgusting is that??? i can't stand it. i guess it gives good color, but i can barely leave it on long enough for it to have an effect! i find the gradual self-tanning moisturizers by Nivea and Clarins to be much better, but unfortunately they don't have the UV protection this one does. =(

on 6/30/2006 12:45:00 PM

This stuff left a good color on me but it wouldn't dry, it just sat on top of my skin making me sweat! It was really nasty feeling and expensive! Won't buy this one again!