Aveeno Skin Brightening Cleanser

3.6

Water, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Polyethylene, Lauryl Glucoside, PEG 16 Soy Sterol, Glycine Soja Protein (Soybean), Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Glycol Distearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Methylparaben, Butylene Glycol, Fragrance, Laureth 4, Sodium Hydroxide, Tetrasodium EDTA

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a good cleanser. It cleans my facial skin well (I first remove my makeup with my Shu Uemura oil). It is generally decent on my delicate, sensitive skin... but it leaves my skin a tad drier at some times. It stings near my eye area, and the scent is unnecessary & unpleasant (like a commercial surfactant/household cleaner). I don’t find it really brightens my skin, but I also don’t think it causes me any breakouts. A good cleanser, I think suitable to most every skin (though not the very dry), I would recommend it, though it would never be my go-to cleanser.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just recently bought this cleanser when my normal cleanser was too harsh for my skin during cold months. It made my skin very dry the first few days of using it and I normally have oily skin. I have to say that it actually has evened out my skin tone and it's very noticeable! It hasn't given me new break outs and that's something I have to worry about with acne-prone skin and being pregnant, too. I absolutely love pumps that twist to close instead of coming with a lid because I always lose the lid. And this is considerably cheaper than most cleansers. I think I got this for $6-$7 at Wal-Mart.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I use this to remove oil from my face and after I remove most of my makeup with wipes. It leaves my skin soft when I leave it on for about a minute. It is actually quite glittery, in fact I call it "unicorn spit!" I don't really use it to remove makeup, but I'm sure it'd do the job. Not anything to rave about, but it is a pretty decent cleanser.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This works well both as a facial cleanser and makeup remover in one! It also has a very pleasant scent that is reminiscent of high-end products I've used on my face. The price and quality are both great and a little of the product goes a long way!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Pros:
* great scent (light, green, and floral)
* light, rinses cleanly
* pretty opalescent color
* fairly inexpensive (around $6-$7)
* cleans off makeup (including waterproof mascara!)
* isn't overly drying to the skin
Cons:
* packaging is a pump top that gets clogged easily
* did not see 'brightening' effect advertised

Overall:
A good, solid product that I would definitely re-purchase if I needed a new facial cleanser that removed makeup well. IT didn't seem to 'brighten' my skin, but it had a beautiful scent and it does the trick.
I'm trying out the Aveeno Moisturizing Bar right now, and will be reviewing that soon.

I wanted to give this some time to see how this would really work as I know you never see immediate results. It's been nearly two full weeks of me using this at least once a day (sometimes I use it twice a day). It took several days, but I did notice a huge improvement in my skin after adding this to my skincare routine, which consisted of the acne free advanced oil free cleanser (going to do a separate review on that after this one) that I used along with St Ives timeless skin moisturizer. There was one month I had a crazy hormonal acne breakout that the acne eventually cleared, but left scars in a few places on my face. This was the only new addition to my skincare routine I had added and claimed to help improving your skin tone and texture, and this has from what I can tell. My skin seems so much more smoother and the slightest bit more radiant after use. If I could just get these acne scars nearly gone, I would feel confident going without a full face of makeup like I have been and going close to no makeup. For what I've seen other Aveeno cleansers sell for, I felt that $7 was a pretty good price considering that's about average for most other drugstore brands. Definitely recommend and will repurchase!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have pale skin already, but I love this so much. I've re-purchased it several times. It really does help to even skin tone a lot! At least it did for me, and I have terrible skin. It's perfect as a make-up remover too. I'm just happy it does what it promises on the bottle, and it doesn't break me out! There are so many cleansers that I just cannot use without my skin going completely nuts.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

There's not much I can say about this product. It does the job of removing makeup and cleansing the skin, but I didn't really notice any significant brightening or tone improvements. It is gentle on the skin and not overly drying. It's not bad, but nothing special either. I wouldn't go out of my way to repurchase it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Seems very good, I use AVEENO creams, never knew they had a whoel range of products!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I had run out of my Neutrogena pink grapefruit cleanser, and my aunt gave me this to try out instead of buying a new one. It is a very gentle cleanser that would be great for everyday use in some people-just not me. This product caused me to break out after only 3 days of use. My skin is oily and I haven't had a breakout all summer until I tried this product. Will definitely not re-purchase.