Palgantong Theatrical Powder

Palgantong Theatrical Powder
Palgantong Theatrical PowderPalgantong Theatrical PowderPalgantong Theatrical Powder

4.1

on 10/18/2016 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my first loose powder that I got from a clearance discount so I didn't expect it to be so good and easy to control but it is. It's a really finely milled and lightweight powder that's really easy to control and make you not end up looking whitish despite being a white powder. I find that it gives me a slightly satin finish instead of a completely matte look and I actually really like it because it gives my skin this healthy glow to it. I've got pretty oily skin, and whenever I use this I found that I dont really have the need to blot my face every hour or so for like 6 hours so this one has really good oil control and staying power.

Thing is the packaging is really weird because it's really hard to sift out the powder w a brush or a puff so I tend to shake out the contents first then use it. And it's starting to get really hard to find in Singapore so I think I'll try out other brands once I finish up this one.

on 7/3/2016 4:20:00 AM

With this affortable price of this product, it is comparable or better than those high end loose powder in the market. This product is finely milled and give a smooth, poreless and matte finish for about 4-5 hrs in a hot and humid climate. It is better than Chanel loose powder in term of oil controlling and holding of makeup. Makeup is hold in place whole day without creasing.

on 2/8/2016 3:25:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Got this as a gift a couple years ago, and I'm still working through it. It's a nice, basic powder.

Pros:
- Decent price
- Sets makeup with a natural finish
- Not drying or cakey
- Translucent (but no coverage)
- Puff is actually nice for pressing in powder

Cons:
- Cheap packaging
- Hard to get powder out with puff and sifter inside
- If you use the puff, you could get white dots of powder on your face that you have to blend out

To get the powder out, I take the puff out, close the lid, and shake the jar. I also swirl the puff in the lid so I don't use too much powder. You don't have to shake the jar to grab powder with a brush though, and I really like the finish I get when I use a brush with this.

While I like this, I probably won't repurchase because there are so many nice powders on the market at a decent price that are easier to get my hands on.

on 4/16/2015 1:51:00 PM

I have a pale/light skin and this really worked great on me. did not look ashy, ghostly nor orangey nor pink. The powder is very finely milled and very transparent the way I like it. It isn't as sallow like Laura Mercier translucent powder either. This powder does not yield any coverage, that's another thing I like about this theatrical powder. From the name of this powder, I would think this powder will make me look ruddy (palgan means red and tong means container, hence palgantong) and the powder itself gives off pinkish sheen when you look at it with naked eyes. However once put, it is very natural and suits my skintone. Even if I make a mistake putting on too much, it never goes on cakey or look heavy. Another awesome trait of this powder! This powder is comparable to my another favourite loose powder "Ben Nye Banana" but Ben Nye has a lot better oil conotrol ability. Sometimes, I would mix this Palgantong theatrical with Ben Nye Banana powder, I remember. This theatrical powder is very inexpensive with immense amount and it lasts and lasts. I have used this at least 3 huge container. It holds well in humid weather too and quite long lasting on my somewhat oily skin.

on 9/15/2014 1:27:00 PM

I have no.23, been using it for 6 weeks. It's a very fine powder, light texture, low to medium coverage, no scent, not powdery, and natural looking. Its performance is very interesting and different from other powders I've ever used. It does create definition to the face. No matter how your foundation makes you look flat, it brings out the best of the high parts n makes you look defined. It last pretty long, but doesn't help control shine tho. I get oily in 2 hours. Since it looks so awesome in very first hours, I give it 4.5 lippy. The other con is this powder isn't transparent, hence it could make you look more yellow in incandescent atmosphere or in the photo with bad lighting. I'm NC20 for reference.

on 6/26/2014 3:46:00 AM

I know the name is weird, but this stuff is da bombz. I picked it up in Seoul, because I'm a sucker for sales girls trying stuff on my hand, and because it was so cheap there was really no reason not to buy it. Upon returning from Seoul, I did my research on this product and found out that it's something of a cult favourite among the Japanese and Koreans!

I've been using it daily as a finishing powder to set my bb cream. I don't use foundation, only a light layer of bb cream, so this finishing powder works really well to set my face for the day. The texture is light, but sufficient, and I do see the difference in the finishing texture of my face after I use the powder. I don't have to touch up during the day, although I do because because I'm vain more than anything. Also, a long break from my desk is always welcome!

I'm not sure how the new name (any change in formula, anyone?) changes anything, but I would definitely be interested to find out once I'm done with this tub.

on 11/1/2013 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The powder texture is so fine. The most important, doesn't break me out..
I had ever wear it a lot, it ended up being so good! No whitecast.
I hope they make the packaging better! :)

on 7/26/2013 9:55:00 AM

I've been using this for years and still loving it. Cheap and good. Perfect for ladies who prefer very light makeup. Doesn't give me the 'dead white' face, doesn't clog my pores, doesn't cause any breakouts, etc. Perfect other than the slightly bulky size.

on 9/30/2012 10:31:00 PM

If I am not wrong, this product is now called "3W Clinic Professional Natural Make-Up Powder".

I bought this in a set of 3 (Transparent Pearl, No. 21 Light Beige & No. 23 Natural Beige) 30g tubs for SGD14.90 (USD12) online at www.qoo10.com.sg. It was so cheap, I thought it was fake! But cos it was so darn cheap, I decided to take the risk.

So far I've only opened up No. 21 Light Beige and it's great. I don't use the puff provided, but I use a powder brush.

The colour match is good and it makes my face so much brighter/smoother (in a good way) on top of my Bourjois 123 Perfect liquid foundation.

Most importantly, I have not experienced any breakouts. The only negative is that the packaging is not really user-friendly. Screw-caps for powders are just not convenient, but for the price, I have absolutely NO reason to complain.

I'm not sure what to do with my other 2 tubs of powder now. There's only so much face area I can powder each day!

on 5/23/2012 7:46:00 AM

This powder is now known as 3W Clinic Powder Crystal Creator Bright and comes in two shades, 21 and 23 with another one being translucent with just shimmers. I purchase this in 23, I'm an NC 25.

I put i on top of my Skin79 BB Cream as a setting powder and it stays matt for a good 7 hours without any blotting nor touching up. I love this and it's comparable to MAC Blot Powder in terms of oil control.The texture of the powder is finely milled but of course not as fine as Chanel loose powder. The only downside is that it smells like an old lady's perfume with the jasmine note. Luckily, the scent didn't linger on as it dissipate as soon as you applied it on the face. Overall a good loose powder for oily-skin ladies and it's rather affordable too here in Singapore.