LUSH Breath of Fresh Air

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
LUSH Breath of Fresh Air
Breath of Fresh Air

3.8

Spring Water (Aqua), Fresh Sea Water from the Pacific (Aqua), Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis), Perfume, Carrageenan Extract (Chondrus crispus), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Patchouli Oil (Pogostemon cablin), Rosemary Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis), Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus), *Limonene, *Linalool, Methylparaben.

I bought this after I found I really loved Lush's Tea Tree Water and thought I'd try a toner more suited to every day use. I really love the scent and my skin always felt refreshed after use but I think this was responsible for some irritation.

After a few weeks of use, my skin broke out in an itchy rash with some dry patches around my mouth, chin and jaw. I can't be 100% positive it was this that caused it as my skin has been having these reactions often lately but the ingredients list is a little worrying. I'm not sure why a toner needs fragrance and parabens when everyone knows they work a lot better without these known irritants.

The price wasn't too bad considering Lush's usual prices and the packaging is the standard black Lush packaging, which I really like.

Now that my skin is back to normal I will give it another go to check if it was in fact this that was causing the irritation. I'm wondering if spraying it onto the face would be less likely to cause itchiness, as opposed to spraying it on a cotton pad and rubbing it onto the face like I usually do.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Before I even start talking about my reaction to this product I need to explain something. Just because something claims to be all natural doesnt mean that it is all natural nor does it mean that it should be anywhere near your face. There is nothing good in this toner for you. NOTHING. Lets look at the ingredients first.

Spring Water (Aqua) , Fresh Sea Water (Aqua) , Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis) , Perfume , Carrageenan Extract (Chondrus crispus) , Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia) , Patchouli Oil (Pogostemon cablin) , Rosemary Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis) , Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus) , *Limonene , *Linalool , Methylparaben

There are a minimum of 5 skin irritants in this product, and the worst offender is the fourth ingredient. ESSENTIAL OILS ARE BAD FOR YOUR SKIN. They are PHOTOTOXIC. They cause AGING. They cause REDNESS. They cause SWELLING that you cant even see but damages your skin. Not to mention this product has parabens as well as limonene & lanalool (the chemicals that MAKES essential oils bad.) So its not all natural and most of the natural ingredients should be nowhere near your face.

I dont have sensitive skin however after using this product for months my skin started turning turning red all the time. My eczema on my face started to speed and get worse all of a sudden. When I went to my dermatologist to find out what was happening he asked for my skin care products. The second he looked at the ingredients he knew this was the product that was causing my problems.

Dont let the idea that the product is natural trick you into thinking itll help your skin. I adore Lush but their skin care isnt a good thing to use.

on 5/15/2014 11:39:00 PM

LOVE this product. In short, great for sensitive skin and oily skin, beautiful light fragrance, perfect for hot days. On to pros and cons:

PROS:
- Light, refreshing fragrance. Smells very natural and not like an added fragrance
- the packaging!!! I LOVE that this toner comes in a spray bottle. It's so much easier and more refreshing to spray it directly onto my face rather than use a cotton pad
- Use less moisturizer: I always thought that you were supposed to let toner dry completely before applying moisturizer, but the woman at Lush informed me that you spray it on, wait a few seconds, and apply when wet. This is so helpful, because you use much less moisturizer, and it helps it absorb more
- WORKS GREAT TO REDUCE CAKINESS IN MAKEUP: after I apply my foundation/face makeup it tends to cake up a bit even though I apply it with a wet beauty blender. I spritz this toner on my face a couple times after makeup and it adds a nice dewy finish and greatly reduces the cakiness

CONS:
- I find toner to be an unnecessary step in skin care routines sometimes
- the price is a little steep

Overall, I will repurchase, especially since summer is coming up and it's amazing at simply refreshing/cooling down the skin. Also because it works well to get rid of cakey makeup.

The first time I used this, I hated it. I tried it for about a week and eventually put it aside and went to my old toner, due to breakouts when ever I used it. A month or so later I ran out of my toner and was forced back to this one - and I fell in love.

The second time I gave it a go, I didn't break out at all (I realize now it must have been something else). It is very cooling and leaves skin very soft. It adequately removes excess dirt and makeup after I wash and preps my skin for a moisturizer well. It smells very herbal, with a hint of rose and aloe.

The product works, but is pricey - I will purchase again until I can find another natural toner that doesn't break the bank.

on 4/18/2013 4:45:00 PM

I never realized how important toner is until recently. I love this toner because I can just sprits a little bit on my face and it makes my skin feel so refreshed and clean. I use Imperialist over it and I really have noticed an improvement in my skin. I also really love this toner because unlike a lot of other toners it isn't harsh on my skin and it really genuinely helps with the breakouts. I will definitely keep repurchasing.

on 6/5/2012 3:14:00 AM

I love breath of fresh air. It smells amazing and leaves my skin feeling really nice. Yes, it's pricey but it's a big bottle and lasts quite a awhile.

As for the commenter below, Lush does not advertise itself as organic whatsoever. Check your labels. It says that they're handmade natural cosmetic. Natural doesn't always mean organic my friend.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

A nice simple, refreshing, moisturising toner with no alcohol.
Not a fantastic product but it does what it claims and lasts a decent amount of time.

However, as with all Lush products, there is never enough product for the price.

If I was feeling particularly spendy I would repurchase this on a whim.

I never used to use a toner because I had a bad reaction ages ago but that's because that one was really harsh. I guess I just never bothered after that experience. I purchased this a while ago and have been using it. It helps make sure your skin is completely clean after you've cleansed and even adds a bit of moisture. I believe it has improved my skin. Wouldn't use it as a facial mister once make up is on though.

on 5/23/2011 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've been using this toner for about 2 years. I have combination skin, and it is wonderful to use after AOBS cleanser, to remove any last traces of dirt/makeup. Your skin will just feel so clean after using this. I spray it all over my face/neck after cleansing and wipe with a cotton ball until the cotton ball has no traces of dirt/makeup.

on 8/25/2010 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A non drying lovely toner for dry and senstive skin.It does not have the sharp alcohol smell and it does not burn skin like the other toner does at least for me.