LUSH Breath of Fresh Air

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
LUSH Breath of Fresh Air
Breath of Fresh Air

Spring Water (Aqua), Fresh Sea Water from the Pacific (Aqua), Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis), Perfume, Carrageenan Extract (Chondrus crispus), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Patchouli Oil (Pogostemon cablin), Rosemary Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis), Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus), *Limonene, *Linalool, Methylparaben.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

It's a good toner but it's not working for me. I bought it because I used other Lush toners and loved them, and I thought this was a nice smell for the summer because it's really fresh, it reminded me to the sea, but truth is it doesn't do so much for my skin. If you look at the ingredients list, it's all natural and beneficial (except the only synthetic ingredient which is a preservative): Water (Aqua), Sea Water, Organic Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis), Fragrance, Carrageenan Extract (Chondrus crispus), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Patchouli Oil (Pogostemon cablin), Rosemary Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis), Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus), *Limonene, *Linalool, Methylparaben.
I don't know what it is about this formula but I feel there's something that doesn't do so well in my skin, it dries it out, specially if you compare it to Eau Roma Water (also by Lush), one of my absolute favorite toners ever. If you have sensitive skin I would advice you to try that one first. I'm not leaving a 3-star review because I do think it's a quality product and has a good composition, it's just not working out for me. I'm still finishing the bottle though.

on 12/7/2016 4:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Nice toner that doesn't dry me out. Love using this after cleansing with Ultra Bland. I do find that the spray comes out in bug spurts, so it is not really handy for using over make-up.

This is an inexpensive natural toner which I find works wonders for my combination skin. It takes away oiliness without drying out my skin. I prefer this to LUSH's Tea Tree Water toner. This is a very refreshing toner and I use it daily. This is a lovely product and I would repurchase.

I bought this after I found I really loved Lush's Tea Tree Water and thought I'd try a toner more suited to every day use. I really love the scent and my skin always felt refreshed after use but I think this was responsible for some irritation.

After a few weeks of use, my skin broke out in an itchy rash with some dry patches around my mouth, chin and jaw. I can't be 100% positive it was this that caused it as my skin has been having these reactions often lately but the ingredients list is a little worrying. I'm not sure why a toner needs fragrance and parabens when everyone knows they work a lot better without these known irritants.

The price wasn't too bad considering Lush's usual prices and the packaging is the standard black Lush packaging, which I really like.

Now that my skin is back to normal I will give it another go to check if it was in fact this that was causing the irritation. I'm wondering if spraying it onto the face would be less likely to cause itchiness, as opposed to spraying it on a cotton pad and rubbing it onto the face like I usually do.

on 9/25/2014 5:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been breaking out horribly for the past six months or so and have tried multiple toners that were marketed towards acne prevention/elimination but they just stung and didn't do anything at all. I decided to try this out after hearing some positive reviews from beauty bloggers, and holy crap my skin hasn't looked this nice in months. I still have discoloration from the where the acne was, but the bumps definitely lessened!

I have allergic rhinitis and most, if not all, perfume-y scents trigger my allergies. Thankfully, this product did not. I spray the product on my face and spray once on a cotton pad, then wipe my face with the pad. I use the product twice a day, once in the morning and once at night.

I bought the smaller battle and it's going strong for two months, it's nearly running out though. I think I'll probably try out the tea tree toner after this but will definitely repurchase this one if the tea tree toner doesn't perform better.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This is nice and fresh on the skin, just as if you sprayed water on your face ;0)
I say save your money fr something with ingredients that actually do something for your skin.
Like water in a spray bottle you can add your own essential oil fragrances if you want.
I love chamomile and lavender or vanilla. I sometime make my own with vit. c to lighten marks and add anti aging benefits.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is one of my favorites. It balances my skin, ending my combo oily/dry problems. Now my skin is smooth, hydrated and healthy.
And the best part is the fragrance. Roses and Rosemary to make anyone feel like a princess, without having to pay that much.
Try it! It is worth it.

on 8/18/2013 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I use this every morning after "angels on bare skin" cleanser and before "celestial" moisturizer.

the toner makes my skin super soft, lush and healthy.

i would not use this in the evening since i need to remove my make up and i havent tried but this probably wont be enough.

i'm still looking for a good evening toner.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Last month, when I finally took the plunge and bought my beloved Ocean Salt, the very eccentric sales associate offered me a sample of the Breath of Fresh Air toner, which she said was her favorite product to use in conjunction with Ocean Salt. Lush says that Breath of Fresh Air will "give your skin a new lease on life with a blend of ingredients inspired by the sea. Breath of Fresh Air is suitable for all skin types, but is particularly beneficial for faces that have been ravaged by the elements. A gentle spray refreshes you when you need it most and brings all the nutrients of the sea directly to the skin. Fresh sea water gently cleanses while carragen seaweed extract softens and provides essential vitamins and minerals. And all the while rose absolute an aloe vera are soothing dry areas". For the most part, the ingredients are natural. Breath of Fresh Air is available in two sizes; 3.3 fl oz ($9.95), and 8.4 fl oz ($21.95). Like I mentioned, I got a little free sample with a purchase. As we all know, Lush is a cruelty free brand that focuses on "fresh", organic, and natural products, a large majority of which cater to vegans. This toner was made in Canada. Lush products can be bought at Lush stores and kiosks, and through the brand's website.
The full size of Breath of Fresh Air comes in a black spray bottle. The standard Lush label wraps around the bottle, featuring the product name, a description, and ingredient list. I'm not a fan of spray on toners, I'd likely be spraying it onto a cotton round. The packaging for this toner is recyclable, but I don't think its eligible for Lush's in-store recyclable program.
I'm a dedicated user of Olay's Oil Minimizing Toner, so I was feeling pretty neutral about Breath of Fresh Air. The first time I used this toner, it felt amazing! Slightly tingly, in a good way, and kinda firming. I thought it was love at first use. Sadly, the next several uses didn't really wow me. The pleasant tingle and toned feel seem to have been a one time deal. To me, the point of a toner is to pick up the last bits of cleanser and makeup that haven't been rinsed away, purifying the skin before you apply moisturizer. I just don't feel like this toner does that. The Lush sales associate also told me that you need to use less moisturizer when you use Breath of Fresh Air, a claim that also doesn't seem to hold up. What I do think Breath of Fresh Air is good for is absorbing excess oil without stripping the skin. This toner is quite gentle and is alcohol free, so it may be a good choice for those with sensitive skin. Breath of Fresh Air smells really similar to the BB Seaweed Fresh Face Mask, which makes sense since they share seaweed, rose, rosemary, and aloe as common ingredients.
I'm not in love with Lush's Breath of Fresh Air Toner. I feel like it isn't particularly effective at anything but removing oil. This is the most gentle toner I've ever sampled, it doesn't sting at all, so its excellent for those who can't handle alcoholic toners. I wouldn't repurchase this toner, but I did finish off my little sample.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I hadn't used a proper toner before, but I did try to take good care of my skin. I always remove my makeup, then I wash my face with a facewash and rinse thourougly with water. Then I would apply eyecream and a moisturizer.

I got this toner because I just wanted to try one, I have used some alcohol based tonics before, but they broke me out.

As soon as I used this, my skin cleared. I didn't have bad skin, just a spot here and there most of the time. but using this toner made my skin clear and even. Everytime I stop using this product, my skin becomes more uneven and I get a few more spots.

I use this by spritsing two pumps of product on my hands, and then pad that all over my face and neck. This way no product gets wasted on cotton pads. Also, I doubt this takes makeup off, so use it as a skincare item. I suggest you use a alcohol based tonic or a cleansing milk for taking makeup off.

Because it helped my skin so much, I will continue to repurchase this (I am on my second bottle).

I did take one lippie off because it contains perfume (quite high on the list too), and that's just not good for the skin. otherwise, it contains some types of water, a few oils and plant extracts and the last ingredient is parabens, to keep it fresh.

Pricewise I think it's okay priced, I do have to order it and I would like it to be cheaper. But since a 100ml lasted me around 6 months with everyday use, I think the price is alright.

I do think the packaging sucks. I tried spraying it in my face, but it comes out in big drops, so you get a splash in your eye instead of a nice fine mist all over. Because the packaging is black, you can't really tell how much is left. And I find the packaging very unattractive. The only good thing is that the black plastic prevents the product from breaking down through sunlight, and it's made from recycled stuff.

overall I would recommend you to try this product as an extra step in your skincare. It definitely helped my skin. There is a small 100ml version and a large one. So just get the small one for starters, it lasted me for ages.