LUSH Breath of Fresh Air

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
LUSH Breath of Fresh Air
Breath of Fresh Air

Spring Water (Aqua), Fresh Sea Water from the Pacific (Aqua), Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis), Perfume, Carrageenan Extract (Chondrus crispus), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Patchouli Oil (Pogostemon cablin), Rosemary Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis), Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus), *Limonene, *Linalool, Methylparaben.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

It's a good toner but it's not working for me. I bought it because I used other Lush toners and loved them, and I thought this was a nice smell for the summer because it's really fresh, it reminded me to the sea, but truth is it doesn't do so much for my skin. If you look at the ingredients list, it's all natural and beneficial (except the only synthetic ingredient which is a preservative): Water (Aqua), Sea Water, Organic Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis), Fragrance, Carrageenan Extract (Chondrus crispus), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Patchouli Oil (Pogostemon cablin), Rosemary Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis), Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus), *Limonene, *Linalool, Methylparaben.
I don't know what it is about this formula but I feel there's something that doesn't do so well in my skin, it dries it out, specially if you compare it to Eau Roma Water (also by Lush), one of my absolute favorite toners ever. If you have sensitive skin I would advice you to try that one first. I'm not leaving a 3-star review because I do think it's a quality product and has a good composition, it's just not working out for me. I'm still finishing the bottle though.

This product is only okay. It smells wonderful, which is nice, but I don't feel it has really done much for my skin. Additionally, my skin feels a bit sticky after I use it. I'll use it up but I won't be buying it again.

on 6/28/2015 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This product was way too drying for me. I had bought some Lush products purely based on the rave reviews they had recieved without really considering my personal skin type. Which was a bit of a mistake. Well a lot of a mistake. My skin was not having it and demonstrated this clearly. It helped control my oily nose but left me with eczema patches everywhere too particularly on my chin and around my eyes. However I have always had issues with toners, Ive had far worse experiences in the past. Often they contain alcohol/harsh chemicals which my face just can't handle. I thankfully now use the aroma water toner one. Which works amazingly for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm trying all the toners by Lush to see which one I like the most. This one smells much better than the tea trea one but does a similar job of dirt removal from my t-zone. Going to try Eau Roma next. Fair price

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I never used a toner before and had to really research to make sure I even needed one. After all my info collecting I figured it couldn't hurt and selected this guy to try out. I did something risky and completely overhauled my entire skincare regimen all at once and hoped it wouldn't freak out my sensitive skin. I picked up the aqua marina cleanser, this toner and Josie maran light argan oil. I have sensitive normal skin with a crazy oily t zone and forehead, redness, and black head city on my nose, with a once a month break out. And now after a month and a half of my new products I feel like I can safely say my skin is pretty much perfect. And I have this to thank. This didn't dry me out and to me this doesn't have any perfume-y sent, to me it smells like witch hazel and something else kinda herby. I must have got a good nozzle because no laser beams here. All in all I think it's a lovely toner you should give a try.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Bad point: the mechanism to spritz this is way too strong.
Otherwise, my favourite facial mist. I don't consider this a toner as such, just a mist to dampen the skin and soothe it.
Have used everything from the obnoxiously priced Omorovicza mist, to Avene, MAC fix plus, etc. etc.

This one is on the cheaper side and my favourite.

I can see instant and long term results with this. The instant one: skin feels hydrated, soft, refreshed. Smell is lovely, better than the stupid extremely subtle Omorovicza one that everyone makes such a fuss over. That one actually started irritating my skin after a few months, so it felt like a rash. This one never does that- it only calms my sensitive skin.

Long-term results--literally my fine lines under eyes are smoothed out, skin feels more resilient and hydrated, lines of dryness around mouth are gone. Things that broke me out like crazy before do NOT cause that reaction when used in conjunction with this LUSH mist.

Case in point: hydraluron serum, which undoubtedly destroys my skin (rash, breakouts) n leaves it DRIER than before. Somehow it has stopped doing this since I began spraying Breath of Fresh Air on top.

In fact i tried every single moisturizer that I own that usually irritates my skin- as long as I use this product under them, no bumps! No clogs! No rash! Just great hydration, have not experienced this with the various other mists i've tried.

Plain rosewater did well to soften but i would still get pimples n clogged pores if I used any moisturizer with it. I don't know WHY this works- but it does. LUSH is usually a miss for me, but this and their makeup line- has my heart!!

on 5/21/2013 10:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This was 'okay' it was a little drying I prefer other brand for cleansers and toners

on 8/25/2010 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A non drying lovely toner for dry and senstive skin.It does not have the sharp alcohol smell and it does not burn skin like the other toner does at least for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Love the way it smells. Love the extra touch moisture it gives. Love the way it squirts on your face. I use it before my makeup and after sometimes. It is by far the best toner that i have used

on 8/14/2009 6:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

i use this after i wash my face before my moisturizer, after my makeup, and throughout the day. it makes my face so soft and smells gorgeous! no breakouts and keeps my skin balanced. the only problem i have with this is that it leaks but the product is so wonderful i dont care :)