LUSH Breath of Fresh Air

Filtered by skin type : Normal
LUSH Breath of Fresh Air
Breath of Fresh Air

4.1

Spring Water (Aqua), Fresh Sea Water from the Pacific (Aqua), Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis), Perfume, Carrageenan Extract (Chondrus crispus), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Patchouli Oil (Pogostemon cablin), Rosemary Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis), Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus), *Limonene, *Linalool, Methylparaben.

on 12/30/2014 2:06:00 PM

I really like this product as a "Re-freshner" - especially when I'm going somewhere hot and just need a little spritz to reawaken my skin. I use it as part of my routine after work when I get home. I take off my make up and spritz a few pumps on my face and I'm good until I go take a shower. It keeps my skin refreshed and almost clean. It has yet to dry out my skin, but then again, I also have fairly oily skin. This product does not add oily or make my skin oily. Like I said before, I also take a travel version with me on my travels (as I usually don't wear make up when travelling) and usually spritz when I'm "dewing" a little too much!

on 11/29/2014 3:24:00 AM

I love this, its the first time I have tried it and ive had it a little over a month and I see a difference, my skin looks glowing and it doesn't make the skin feel tight its really nice and moisturizing

on 3/4/2014 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I like the formula and the smell. The ingredents are so simple and no alcohol. It feels good on my skin. Doesnt dry it out and no weird film left behind. I use this for refreshing and getting rid of an over powdered/cakey face. I hate the spray nozzle! Its like a laser blasting at my face!!! Even when I hold it far away! I can take out an eye!! It best to put this in another container with a finer mist. The bottle is not pretty anyways. I will not buy again since im sure there are also good toners/refreshers out there without the laser nozzle for more or less the same price.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

this is a great, effective toner. my skin has never looked clearer until i incorporated this into my skin care regimen.

while my skin is not sensitive, i find a lot of toners to be really harsh. i originally went into LUSH to get the tea tree toner, but i was told by a sales representative that this would be more appropriate for my skin type. (normal with some oily spots) she said that tea tree would be too harsh for me, and she was right! this toner does a great job at calming my skin down and leaving it refreshed and feeling clean. a must have.

This is amazing! I spritz this on my face in the morning, at night and whenever my skin needs a boost!! It feels cooling and hydrating, and the smell is so fresh!!! No matter how many times I use it, I can never prepare to spray myself in the face - I jump every time!!! So worth it!!!

The first time I used this, I hated it. I tried it for about a week and eventually put it aside and went to my old toner, due to breakouts when ever I used it. A month or so later I ran out of my toner and was forced back to this one - and I fell in love.

The second time I gave it a go, I didn't break out at all (I realize now it must have been something else). It is very cooling and leaves skin very soft. It adequately removes excess dirt and makeup after I wash and preps my skin for a moisturizer well. It smells very herbal, with a hint of rose and aloe.

The product works, but is pricey - I will purchase again until I can find another natural toner that doesn't break the bank.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Last month, when I finally took the plunge and bought my beloved Ocean Salt, the very eccentric sales associate offered me a sample of the Breath of Fresh Air toner, which she said was her favorite product to use in conjunction with Ocean Salt. Lush says that Breath of Fresh Air will "give your skin a new lease on life with a blend of ingredients inspired by the sea. Breath of Fresh Air is suitable for all skin types, but is particularly beneficial for faces that have been ravaged by the elements. A gentle spray refreshes you when you need it most and brings all the nutrients of the sea directly to the skin. Fresh sea water gently cleanses while carragen seaweed extract softens and provides essential vitamins and minerals. And all the while rose absolute an aloe vera are soothing dry areas". For the most part, the ingredients are natural. Breath of Fresh Air is available in two sizes; 3.3 fl oz ($9.95), and 8.4 fl oz ($21.95). Like I mentioned, I got a little free sample with a purchase. As we all know, Lush is a cruelty free brand that focuses on "fresh", organic, and natural products, a large majority of which cater to vegans. This toner was made in Canada. Lush products can be bought at Lush stores and kiosks, and through the brand's website.
The full size of Breath of Fresh Air comes in a black spray bottle. The standard Lush label wraps around the bottle, featuring the product name, a description, and ingredient list. I'm not a fan of spray on toners, I'd likely be spraying it onto a cotton round. The packaging for this toner is recyclable, but I don't think its eligible for Lush's in-store recyclable program.
I'm a dedicated user of Olay's Oil Minimizing Toner, so I was feeling pretty neutral about Breath of Fresh Air. The first time I used this toner, it felt amazing! Slightly tingly, in a good way, and kinda firming. I thought it was love at first use. Sadly, the next several uses didn't really wow me. The pleasant tingle and toned feel seem to have been a one time deal. To me, the point of a toner is to pick up the last bits of cleanser and makeup that haven't been rinsed away, purifying the skin before you apply moisturizer. I just don't feel like this toner does that. The Lush sales associate also told me that you need to use less moisturizer when you use Breath of Fresh Air, a claim that also doesn't seem to hold up. What I do think Breath of Fresh Air is good for is absorbing excess oil without stripping the skin. This toner is quite gentle and is alcohol free, so it may be a good choice for those with sensitive skin. Breath of Fresh Air smells really similar to the BB Seaweed Fresh Face Mask, which makes sense since they share seaweed, rose, rosemary, and aloe as common ingredients.
I'm not in love with Lush's Breath of Fresh Air Toner. I feel like it isn't particularly effective at anything but removing oil. This is the most gentle toner I've ever sampled, it doesn't sting at all, so its excellent for those who can't handle alcoholic toners. I wouldn't repurchase this toner, but I did finish off my little sample.

on 2/5/2012 8:39:00 AM

Despite the packaging and the price I repurchase this lotion again and again. This feels so soft and refreshing, it has no perfume. All other lotions seem so "chemical" in comparison to this one... I'm not a big Lush fan, but this is definitely an all time HG.

I never used to use a toner because I had a bad reaction ages ago but that's because that one was really harsh. I guess I just never bothered after that experience. I purchased this a while ago and have been using it. It helps make sure your skin is completely clean after you've cleansed and even adds a bit of moisture. I believe it has improved my skin. Wouldn't use it as a facial mister once make up is on though.

on 5/23/2011 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've been using this toner for about 2 years. I have combination skin, and it is wonderful to use after AOBS cleanser, to remove any last traces of dirt/makeup. Your skin will just feel so clean after using this. I spray it all over my face/neck after cleansing and wipe with a cotton ball until the cotton ball has no traces of dirt/makeup.