LUSH Breath of Fresh Air

Filtered by skin type : Dry
LUSH Breath of Fresh Air
Breath of Fresh Air

Spring Water (Aqua), Fresh Sea Water from the Pacific (Aqua), Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis), Perfume, Carrageenan Extract (Chondrus crispus), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Patchouli Oil (Pogostemon cablin), Rosemary Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis), Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus), *Limonene, *Linalool, Methylparaben.

on 1/6/2017 8:23:00 PM

I am not breakout-prone.... This product broke me out everywhere:( this is so heavily loaded with synthetic fragrances which are not good for your skin whatsoever. Don't get caught up in lush' false advertising that their products are "all natural", there is actually a lot of bad ingredients in this among most of their products. DO NOT waste your money on this tiny bottle. I would 100% recommend looking at the thayers witch hazel toners instead, much better value.

on 12/7/2016 4:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Nice toner that doesn't dry me out. Love using this after cleansing with Ultra Bland. I do find that the spray comes out in bug spurts, so it is not really handy for using over make-up.

on 2/27/2016 10:11:00 AM

A great product overall. The fragrance is light and rose-y and it absorbs really well, leaving the skin feeling plush and supple. However, my only displeasure is the spray function which is kinda powerful in the sense that it does not spray out mist-like but more of a jet spray. So sometimes I put the product on my clean hands and pat it on my skin or use a cotton pad.

on 10/2/2015 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I am really disappointed by this product :( I used the other lush toners and got along okay. I was told this would be gentle enough to use every day but it really imbalanced my skin. The salt water is just too harsh. My cheeks went very rashy and my whole face went tight for the week (despite using an oil treatment to try to counteract the salt).

The packaging is good, however, because it's nice to be able to spray toner over your face but the actual product is so, so stringent! It felt like bleach!

on 7/16/2015 11:20:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I purchased this as a splurge a while back. I wanted to try a new toner, and I like the fact that this one is in a spray bottle, so I could just spray and go! No cotton balls, no wipes, just done.
I do not use this on the daily, simply because my skin is more on the dry side and I do not feel as though it needs it. When I do use it, however, I use after cleanser and before moisturizer.
I feel like this toner gives me just enough "extra clean" without the burning or stinging of some toners/astringents. It makes my face feel refreshed and clean.
The scent is nice too. It is not very strong, just a light clean scent.

LUSH describes this product as the following:
"Soothing seawater spray
Give your skin a new lease on life with a blend of ingredients inspired by the sea. Breath of Fresh Air is suitable for all skin types, but is particularly beneficial for faces that have been ravaged by the elements. A gentle spray refreshes you when you need it most and brings all the nutrients of the sea directly to your skin. Fresh seawater gently cleanses, while carrageen (seaweed) extract softens and provides essential vitamins and minerals. And all the while, rose absolute and aloe vera are soothing dry areas."
This is a vegan product.

on 1/5/2014 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

BEST TONER EVER

Breath of Fresh Air completely revitalises my dry, rosacea prone skin. The ingredient combination (aloe, seaweed and fresh sea water) work beautifully together, both softening and rehydrating the face. Even the scent reminds me of standing by the ocean,waves slapping against the rocks, spraying some sea water across my face, giving a refreshing and cool feeling.

Also, if I get sunburnt (Not that we are blessed with warm weather in Ireland!!), breath fresh of breath air left in the fridge works soothing wonders!

My only negative with this product, is the spray mechanism is far too strong.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I hadn't used a proper toner before, but I did try to take good care of my skin. I always remove my makeup, then I wash my face with a facewash and rinse thourougly with water. Then I would apply eyecream and a moisturizer.

I got this toner because I just wanted to try one, I have used some alcohol based tonics before, but they broke me out.

As soon as I used this, my skin cleared. I didn't have bad skin, just a spot here and there most of the time. but using this toner made my skin clear and even. Everytime I stop using this product, my skin becomes more uneven and I get a few more spots.

I use this by spritsing two pumps of product on my hands, and then pad that all over my face and neck. This way no product gets wasted on cotton pads. Also, I doubt this takes makeup off, so use it as a skincare item. I suggest you use a alcohol based tonic or a cleansing milk for taking makeup off.

Because it helped my skin so much, I will continue to repurchase this (I am on my second bottle).

I did take one lippie off because it contains perfume (quite high on the list too), and that's just not good for the skin. otherwise, it contains some types of water, a few oils and plant extracts and the last ingredient is parabens, to keep it fresh.

Pricewise I think it's okay priced, I do have to order it and I would like it to be cheaper. But since a 100ml lasted me around 6 months with everyday use, I think the price is alright.

I do think the packaging sucks. I tried spraying it in my face, but it comes out in big drops, so you get a splash in your eye instead of a nice fine mist all over. Because the packaging is black, you can't really tell how much is left. And I find the packaging very unattractive. The only good thing is that the black plastic prevents the product from breaking down through sunlight, and it's made from recycled stuff.

overall I would recommend you to try this product as an extra step in your skincare. It definitely helped my skin. There is a small 100ml version and a large one. So just get the small one for starters, it lasted me for ages.

on 10/17/2012 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Love it love it love it!!!!

Really gets below the first layer of skin. It has really helped even my skin tone and fade scars. Have just had a brainwave to try it on my stretchmarks & see how/ if it works...I have faith in this miracle product!

Reasonable, long lasting, soft on the skin, sweet smell, not sticky, devoid of 'stripping' chemicals, not tested on animals...

Was recommended to me by my cousin & so glad it was! Buy it.

on 9/11/2012 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've shied away from toners because I thought they were an unnecessary step in my skincare regime. Breath of Fresh Air has changed my mind! It has not revolutionized my skin by any means, but it has so many good uses. I use it with a cotton swab after I cleanse with Ultrabland to make sure all my makeup is off. I spray it after cleansing and then apply my gel-moisturizer for a little extra moisture. I spray it in the morning to wake me up!! I just love this stuff. Even if it doesn't revolutionize my skin it makes me feel so refreshed which I love. I spray it before doing my makeup too. I might try Eau de roma next. Try this and you will find it has so many uses!!

I love this stuff! I didn't think much of it at first, but once I started using it regularily I saw a difference. It removes dirt, oil and makeup residue that my cleanser doesn't. I find it best to use right after a hot shower, so that the product can really sink into your skin when your pores are open to remove gunk. I also moisturize right after using this product. I have dry skin, but this toner doesn't make it worse. I also make a mask every few days of honey, lemon and sugar; it has done wonders for my blackheads, which are incredibly stubborn. I have tried everything under the sun and this, combined with bi weekly masks seems to do the trick.