LUSH Breath of Fresh Air

LUSH Breath of Fresh Air

Spring Water (Aqua), Fresh Sea Water from the Pacific (Aqua), Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis), Perfume, Carrageenan Extract (Chondrus crispus), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Patchouli Oil (Pogostemon cablin), Rosemary Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis), Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus), *Limonene, *Linalool, Methylparaben.

This product is only okay. It smells wonderful, which is nice, but I don't feel it has really done much for my skin. Additionally, my skin feels a bit sticky after I use it. I'll use it up but I won't be buying it again.

on 2/27/2016 10:11:00 AM

A great product overall. The fragrance is light and rose-y and it absorbs really well, leaving the skin feeling plush and supple. However, my only displeasure is the spray function which is kinda powerful in the sense that it does not spray out mist-like but more of a jet spray. So sometimes I put the product on my clean hands and pat it on my skin or use a cotton pad.

To Read all 127 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/14/2016 6:41:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Great stuff.
In combination with AOBS cleanser.

It does not irritate my skin it calming and I think it does help to keep new acne away.
Used this for a few months now and I will continue to buy this!
And I love the natural smell, it's fantastic

on 10/16/2015 8:43:00 AM

I was in lush one day and decided to look at the skincare. A helpful staff member came over and asked me about my skin and I explained I had normal-combo skin. she suggested getting the Angels on bare skin cleanser and using a toner afterwards to keep my skin moisturised. this toner works great with my skin as it keeps it soft and moisturised. it has a pleasant smell that doesn't bother me and since it is in a spray bottle it is a easy on the go thing! I usually spray it onto a cotton pad and rub it into my face and I get the best results that way. Overall it is a great product and would happily repurchase :)

on 10/2/2015 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I am really disappointed by this product :( I used the other lush toners and got along okay. I was told this would be gentle enough to use every day but it really imbalanced my skin. The salt water is just too harsh. My cheeks went very rashy and my whole face went tight for the week (despite using an oil treatment to try to counteract the salt).

The packaging is good, however, because it's nice to be able to spray toner over your face but the actual product is so, so stringent! It felt like bleach!

on 9/28/2015 2:23:00 PM

Once upon a time I spent a ridiculous amount at lush but then I had children. Fast forward a few years and I wandered in to buy bath ballistics for the wee one when I spotted this toner. I thought it would be gentle enough to remove any oily residue left over from my cleansing oils or butters and I liked the scent and the non- spill packaging. I like being able to spritz toner over my face. It felt gentle enough but left my skin feeling ever so slightly tight. Then by day three my skin was looking blotchy over my cheeks and two days after that a crop of red spots over my cheeks. I don't tend to get spots there and haven't used anything else new so the culprit is the toner. It has been binned. I think it is your luck as to whether it works for you but for sensitive skins I would avoid.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

So far, so good. I really like it. I have normal/sensitive skin i.e. I'm neither oily nor dry but reactive to the wrong things. I took a risk because I thought the sea water might make my skin dry and tight but it didn't!

Overall, an excellent soothing, refreshing toner/mist!

on 7/16/2015 11:20:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I purchased this as a splurge a while back. I wanted to try a new toner, and I like the fact that this one is in a spray bottle, so I could just spray and go! No cotton balls, no wipes, just done.
I do not use this on the daily, simply because my skin is more on the dry side and I do not feel as though it needs it. When I do use it, however, I use after cleanser and before moisturizer.
I feel like this toner gives me just enough "extra clean" without the burning or stinging of some toners/astringents. It makes my face feel refreshed and clean.
The scent is nice too. It is not very strong, just a light clean scent.

LUSH describes this product as the following:
"Soothing seawater spray
Give your skin a new lease on life with a blend of ingredients inspired by the sea. Breath of Fresh Air is suitable for all skin types, but is particularly beneficial for faces that have been ravaged by the elements. A gentle spray refreshes you when you need it most and brings all the nutrients of the sea directly to your skin. Fresh seawater gently cleanses, while carrageen (seaweed) extract softens and provides essential vitamins and minerals. And all the while, rose absolute and aloe vera are soothing dry areas."
This is a vegan product.

on 6/28/2015 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This product was way too drying for me. I had bought some Lush products purely based on the rave reviews they had recieved without really considering my personal skin type. Which was a bit of a mistake. Well a lot of a mistake. My skin was not having it and demonstrated this clearly. It helped control my oily nose but left me with eczema patches everywhere too particularly on my chin and around my eyes. However I have always had issues with toners, Ive had far worse experiences in the past. Often they contain alcohol/harsh chemicals which my face just can't handle. I thankfully now use the aroma water toner one. Which works amazingly for me.

I went to Lush and saw this and thought I would spray this all over my face because it's natural ingredients. I haven't broke out in a rash for almost 3 years from anything until this. I went home and washed it off because my boyfriend said it smelled so horrible, which I didn't think it was all that bad. I went to sleep after and woke up with bumps all over my face. Thank god I washed it off when I did! I have pretty sensitive skin but I get away with a lot of ingredients such as mineral oil and propylene glycol and few others. Test this on one part of your face or inside of your arm before spraying it all over!