MAC Lipglass Stain in Cocktail

No Image

3.8

on 10/28/2009 8:06:00 PM

I forgot I had this in one of my older train cases! i used it today and even though it's a few years old it still has the vanilla scent to it. It looks like a crazy color in the tube, but it comes out a sheer mauvey plum color on my lips. for reference, i would say my lips have medium pigmentation.
i might try to find another of these up for swap. i think it is discontinued so i wouldn't be able to re-purchase.

on 3/28/2005 8:36:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this color. It comes out a pinky purple on me. It's sheer and very pretty.

on 3/27/2004 8:07:00 PM

This looks kinda scary in the tube. I thought it would be an opaque purple, but it's actually not so harsh when applied. It shows up a light lilac color. Not something I'd wear often, but a pretty color nonetheless.

People really need to start providing their natural lip tone cause I keep seeing people giving color descriptions of glosses and such that are so incredibly inaccurate and it's all based on how it looks on that persons lips. This shade which is a medium toned grape w/ a pink undertone may turn out blue on another person cause of thier heavily pigmented lips of not turn up at all cause they have purle pigmented lips and then fail to realize that's why it may have turned out that way and write a negative review from the view point that it's the gloss or lippie that is the funky color when in reality it's the persons lips that create such a funky color. I'm just tired of seeing negative reviews for colors I know are gorgeous and get unfair reviews cause people just do not think about other factors involved and are always quick to blame th product.

This is a gorgeous grape color and luckily my lips are just ever so slight pink pigmented so colors apply accurately on my lips. This looks totally awesome on me and I have very fair skin. I apply lightly an it creates a soft glossy pink puple that's just stunning and so unique! I am so happy I got this off ebay and will find it again to re-purchase.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Cocktail is one of my favorite Lipglass Stains :) In the tube, it looks like an opaque neutral violet. On my lips, Cocktail is a sheer muted grape, and it compliments my olive NC30 skintone extremely well. It's perfect, and exactly what I've been looking for. This pairs extremely well with peachy blush :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I like this. I despise the packing of lipglass stains because i hate tubes. I have to use a lipbrush. The texture is a tad stickier than tinted lipglass, which is okay with me, but i prefer the texture of tinted lipglass (in a tube with wand) The color (on) is a sheer purple that makes my lips look pinker like all purples. Its nice, but not 'me'. Smells not like vanilla but lemons.

on 9/20/2003 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

hmmmm - what an unusual color...shame I couldn't get along with it. I'm an NC30 and blond and this blue toned lavender just doesn't work for me - I always have to mix it with something else - there's no way I could use this straight from the tube. I wanted something to go along with my purple/green eye looks (also from the cocktails collection) but this just isn't the solution for me.

on 2/12/2003 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Uh, blue toned purple lips? No, not for me, it's such a dead look.

on 7/28/2002 2:21:00 AM

Unusual color, but wearable for me. It's a different sort of shiny purple. I happen to have an outfit and some separates in nearly the same color, and I usually wear Cocktail with them. I don't wear it often, but I think it's a pretty and unusual shade. Nice taste & texture too!

Unwearble weird opaque purple color.