Clinique Butter Shine Lipstick - Baby Baby

Clinique Butter Shine Lipstick - Baby Baby

4.2

Pentaerythrityl adipate/caprate/caprylate/heptanoate, octyldodecanol, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, hydrogenated dilinoleyl alcohol, polyethylene, stearoxy dimethicone, silica, polybutene, microcrystalline wax, barium sulfate, shea butter, purified water, theobroma grandiflorum seed butter, tocopheryl acetate, lauryl pca, hydroxyethylcellulose, oleic acid, c20-40 pareth-10, ethylhexylglycerin, triethoxycaprylylsilane, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, hexyl laurate, cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, polyethylene terephthalate, acrylates copolymer, calcium sodium borosilicate, bht. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, red 7 lake, yellow 5 lake, carmine, red 6, red 22 lake, red 30 lake, yellow 6 lake, blue 1 lake, red 28 lake, red 33 lake.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm glad I finally tried the Butter Shines! I don't know why it took me so long, I guess I have always been a fan of the Different Lipstick and just felt that the Butter Shines wouldn't provide much color. Well, this formula is amazing. It's very creamy, glossy, with a color payoff that is transparent but at the same time evident. Although I really like this color, I was hoping it would read a light pink on my lips. Instead it looks very nudey-beige on my lips (so if you are going for that look, try this!!) probably because my lips are pale. I have a ton of nude lipsticks but this one is definitely the most moisturizing and is great for that subtle everyday look or can be paired with a sultry smokey eye as well. It's like a lipstick and lipgloss in one!! The only lipstick where I do not need to apply a lipgloss on top. My lips do not dryout either! I can't wait to try other colors for sure. I love Clinique so much that I am going to use these products for my wedding day! My skin and eyes are very sensitive, so I trust Clinique because I've never had any allergic reactions to their products. The colors are always so soft and natural (I know, application is important as well!) that I know I won't look garish or have makeup regret when I look back on my photos in 20 years! I always seem to photograph well when I wear Clinique - you notice me not the makeup! I always stray,but then end up coming back to Clinique! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Clinique has been giving this away as a gift and I love it!!! I have super oily skin so I am not a fan of shiny lipsticks but I just blot it with tissue. I love the color and it works well with my chocolate colored skin with reddish undertones. It gives a very natural look.

To Read all 32 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

love the color but dries out my lips.

on 12/23/2009 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love the moisture this gives. It's very sheer & just slightly rosy pink. These buttershines are my favorites. Most are a little more neutral on the lip, but I love that. My lip, but better.

on 12/23/2009 2:50:00 PM

Baby Baby is a very sheer, gold shimmery, glossy, barely pink, but not enough color on its own for me.. When I applied it over Benefit Benetint..it was really quite lovely.

on 12/16/2009 7:26:00 AM

A lovely sheer neutral shade, with a super smooth glossy finish that keeps my lips moisturised. I can wear this with no other makeup, or with dramatic eyes and a full face on, it looks good either way.
The packaging is gorgeous, I like that it has no taste or smell too. This is in my purse all the time now, I may have to buy another for my makeup kit.

on 10/2/2009 8:42:00 PM

I've been waiting for the Arizona summer to cool off enough to carry lipstick in my bag again.... and this is the first new one I bought because it's pretty close to perfect. A really natural YLBB pink with slight shimmer - subtle enough for daytime but it also is a great counterpart to more dramatic nighttime eye makeup, as it's very soft-looking, yet polished. I hate dry, heavy or dramatic lipsticks; I like my mouth to look as soft and dewy as possible, especially as I get older. This delivers everything I want in terms of effect, plus it's comfortable to wear, doesn't dry out my lips, and is pretty inexpensive. And it's a very versatile shade. I'm sure girls looking for bold color would be bored by this, but it's everything I was hoping for.

on 5/19/2009 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This lipstick is a very creamy, glossy looking formula. It behaves similar to a lipstick/gloss combo. Baby Baby is my favorite of the butter shines, a perfect natural lip color with just a hint of soft pink and a little shimmer. The product is very soft and will melt or be easily damaged, but i only roll it up so theres just enough to apply to my lips and I never keep my makeup in warm areas. I have gone through two tubes of this and will definitely repurchase. My staple purse shade.

The color is perfect MLBB. The formula is moisturizing and creamy and fairly long lasting.

on 3/27/2009 6:45:00 PM

I tried Baby Baby based on the reviews by others with fair skin. I'm mid-40's so it may impact my review compared to someone younger. I like more natural color lipsticks, but I actually found this one is much lighter than my natural lip color. So my first thought when I applied it was that I looked all beige. Light blond hair, fair skin, fair lips...not much going on. (On the other hand so far I really love Poppy Love and thought that would be way too bright, and Berry Blush). As I get older I like something to add a little color to my face without screaming "lipstick". I can't wear eye shadow much (and never powdered eye shadow), so that means blush and lips mostly.

I haven't completely ruled this color out, so maybe it will grow on me. Just not used to the thought of using lipstick to lighten my lip color and not really add much color. I think it might look really good on someone with just slighly darker skin tones so it doesn't all just blend together. If it grows on me, I'll post an update!