no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

I wish that MAC would still make these. I love this liner in every single way. For me the brush applicator is perfect, the texture of liner is perfect, it is easy to apply because it is not too watery whereas it would make an uneven line like Bourjois Clubbing liner does to me. It has nice sheen to it. I have never ever used another liner which would keep my eye makeup looking fresh all day. This does not go any where at all. I always get compliments when wearing this color as it makes my green eyes pop. All other MAC liquid liners are crap. I do not understand why they take these amazing liners of from the market.

About reviewer (327 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Coarse

9 years ago

you know that an eyeliner has lasting power if it stays put on asian monolids, and this eyeliner seriously will not budge for 24 hours. i have gone through ten tubes of this stuff within the last year and a half, dishing out a good $200, but i haven't found another product that works this well and has such a pretty color so i keep paying the $18 price tag. this purple eyeliner is my signature look --- i like to wear it extra thick and winged at the end with mac's prunella pencil liner on my bottom lid. this eyeliner is really pigmented and has a slight shimmer to it, but nothing overly glittery or anything. the applicator takes some getting used to, and even though i use this daily, it still takes me at LEAST five minutes to put on, and this is on a sloppy day. it's worth it though because i don't have to reapply like i do with pencil liner and it only comes off after i rub my eyes or after some harsh scrubbing in the shower. a couple months ago i was in the mac store buying some more of this stuff and the SA told me that i might want to stock up because they might be discontinuing fluidline (?!) so i bought two more tubes and haven't been back since so i don't know if they really discontinued it but i really hope they didn't!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Medium

EyesBlack

9 years ago

First off, this eyeliner is for the skilled (or those who own a tiny eyeliner brush). The applicator features a flimsy brush that is pretty difficult to maneuver and that doesn't deposit product too evenly. It also requires an strong oil-based makeup remover. That said, it's a gorgeous color that won't budge. Looks great in moderation with my pale features. I've actually been able to wear one application of eyeliner for a few days while was still cleansing and moisturizing - saw a bit of flaking toward the end, though. The product has a long shelf-life and one tube has lasted me several months of daily use. Great eyeliner for those who can hack the application and removal.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGray

9 years ago

Firstly, I find myself to be experienced enough with eyeliner applications that I almost never have any trouble. In addition, I tried this liner in different colours and they seem to come in better qualities than this one. Unfortunately, this is my favourite colour of the bunch. I can still get it to look the way I want it to, but after trying the same liner in other shades, I felt almost deprived of something that I should have. Perhaps I got a bad one or whatever, but it just seems unacceptable. In addition, it is difficult to remove. I have a separate eye make up remover from mac for it, and while it does remove it, it's just so hard and the remover itself is very harsh around my eyes. Although, in the end, I don't know. I may end up purchasing it again. I've tried other purple liners and nothing looks like this. It stays for a long time, and the shade is absolutely perfect.

About reviewer (130 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

9 years ago

I'm not that skilled with liquid liner, so that isn't the reason for the negative review. The girl at the MAC counter showed me a nifty application trick - she tapped the open container on a mirror and it produced just enough to line both eyes - with any liner brush. I managed quite well with a slanted eyeliner brush. It took several tries to get a decent looking line, but finally managed. What I found extremely annoying is the product removes itself. When I added to the line, what I applied removed what was already there. It's a get it right the first time only product - or it was for me. Then there was that little detail of a wretched allergic reaction. I thought the first time I had just fuddled about too much and got loads of it IN my eyes but no. The 2nd time, I applied neatly and the reaction was worse. Itchy rash and watery eyes. It was also the only new product I wore that day. So back it went.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrown

9 years ago

This is one of macs least popular items and it's no wonder why. The colour is beautiful but the application is terrible. This applicator brush is way to flimsy and colour does not apply evenly. If you fck up applying the liner, which you most likely will, it's nearly impossible to remove the accident overdose of liner. I hate this. I should've read the reveiws before buying it. Such a beautiful colour though, what a dissapointment.

About reviewer (147 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Other

10 years ago

This product gets a lot of mixed reviews, so I figured I would add in my two cents.. This eyeliner is for people who are comfortable with liquid liners. I can apply pretty evenly (although the initial swipe goes on too thick, hence 4 star rating) but I have never had any problems with liquid liner application. The colour is fabulous with my green-grey eyes and will go with a wide range of eyeshadow colours. I like this with golds and browns to add a little pizazz. I only use it on my upper lashline and doing so do not get any eye irritation and I have had lasik eye surgery so my eyes are a bit sensitive. It does last, which is the big pro and con. I use the Rimmel eye makeup remover and it gets the large majority of it off right away. I do find some remaining flakes the day after but I don't really care about that. I am more happy that this actually stays put all day, which never happens with eye liners and me. So, in summary, give this a try **if you are comfortable with liquid eyeliners**.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

10 years ago

Really pretty color but hated the way it went on, had to return it.

About reviewer (734 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

from

10 years ago

Love this violet-plum color. It's a fun substitute for the usual black/brown for the office and doesn't look too crazy. It makes my dark eyes pop, too! Also, it won't smudge for anything and will stay on for days. You need to remove it with the MAC cleansing oil and rub really well to get it off. Definite staple in my makeup bag. Some of the reviewers said they had trouble with the texture and it may be because the tube is older. When I bought the navy blue version of the product, I bought the last one in stock, and it had been at the store for quite a while. I think because the tube was old, the formula had thickened up - I had a lot of trouble putting it on because it was so gloppy. I just repurchased the navy blue color, and the formula in the new tube was noticeably thinner and easier to apply. Also, my tube of the power plum color was as new as it could be when I bought it (the SA said they had just gotten it in that day), and the texture is very smooth. I have not had any trouble applying it (both thin and thick lines).

About reviewer (238 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesBlack

3.0

11 years ago

I last all day with no flaking what so ever =D. only problem is, its quite difficult to apply. it comes out uneven and have to coat an area a few more time so it doesn't look uneven or i tkae a q-tip and gently sweep off the extra product on the certain are. Colour is AMAZING makes my brown eyes pop, and is good for people who are afriad of colour.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinNormal, Tan