3.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

I have used Almay's line smoothing make-up for many many years. It is a beautiful example of how beautiful a foundation can look on the skin. Completely natural looking and not at all heavy, a satin moist finish perfect for those with Normal to Dry skin types. Those with combination to oily skin may get away with it but it takes experimenting ofcourse. This product is no longer sold anywhere! If your are lucky you will find it heavily discounted in some bargain bin at your local pharmacy but even then I'm sure they will be separated and old since this is no longer manufactured. The line smoothing collection had a beautiful selection of natural looking neutral shades, none of them were over the top, all of them represented real colour true skin tone colour. No pink or salmon sickly shades to be found here! The formula also was very advanced and a perfect example of the quality one can find in drugstore makeup if you look hard enough! It had a sunscreen of 15 + provided by reliable titanium and zinc oxide and a filled to the brim formula with anti-irritants, plant extracts and anti-oxidants. It was truly one of my favourite drugstore foundations and very devastated that it has been discontinued. The foundation wore beautifully with no oxidation as the day wore on, didn't settle into fine lines and did infact smooth out fine line and wrinkles, diminishing their appearance beautifully. If you look closely Revlon who owns Almay, sometimes uses the same packaging as this product only with a white cap. Almay please please please bring this back! The texture was beautiful and lovely to wear on it's own or over day cream with SPF 30+. Can be applied with fingers, sponge or brush. Highly Recommend!

About reviewer (80 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlack

3 years ago

This product was incredibly meh to me. I purchased it 40% off, that was my incentive to try something new. Applying this makeup felt like painting with water colors. The first time I tried it I did not have any moisturizer/sunscreen on because it was evening. It took 2 coats to get medium coverage, and just generally a lot of product. It seemed to sit on top of the skin and didn't like blending in. The next time it was day time and I had on garnier sunshield, which is basically just spf, it's very light. I've had no trouble using it with other products....but it was even harder to blend in than the day before. The watercolor foundation was more like vinaigrette, trying to mix oil into water. It was so bad my boyfriend noticed and tried to blend in my chin for me =_=. There was also kind of a grayish cast to the buff 140 color that I found unusual. The only redeeming factor I can say is that the product contained a little spf (not enough at 15 though), and it didn't break me out. Other than that, it was pretty much awful and the packaging is not very user friendly. I threw it away.

About reviewer (147 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

5 years ago

If you have perioral dermatitis like I do then this product is not for you! My chin is on fire after one day! It didn't contain any familiar trigger ingredients so I'm not sure what caused my reaction. I will say that I had an excellent color match in Buff which was a surprise because I usually use Ivory shades. It went on nicely but wow, so many silicones. It was too moisturizing for my combo skin and I was oily by the end of the day despite setting this with powder. I'm surprised the SDM cosmetics rep recommended this for me, I would only recommend this for dry, non sensitive skin.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

6 years ago

I was brought this by a family member a length of time ago and put it aside. It was a few shades too dark for my skin (160) so I used Manic Panic Dreamtone to lighten it. I love the coverage and the finish is flawless it leaves your face looking natural and hydrated! It is perfect and only requires a little powder to keep it in place; I would say it gives a medium-full coverage but is perfect.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlack

6 years ago

I found this by miracle. I wanted to try a new foundation so I went to the Rite Aide clearance section. That's where I found this beauty..Truly a god send!! It was in my color (sand) and only 3 bucks! I got home and applied it and totally fell in love. I didn't even know it was for dry skin!! An added bonus since I'm always looking for a foundation to quench my dry flaky skin. Also, you don't need to set it with powder. It dries to a nice somewhat dewy finish but not wet or greasy at all. Totally worth the money!!

About reviewer (97 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

7 years ago

I tried this foundation as I can't get hold of the Almay TLC that I love. I got it in the same shade Naked 160 which is a great colour match for my pale pinkish skin but I've rated it low because it is too light a coverage therefore doesn't cover up imperfections like wrinkles or spots enough plus it's not super long lasting or shine controlling, though not as bad as some - I'm just disappointed that it's no where near as good as the TLC. It has also rated low with me as it's in a glass bottle with no pump, easy enough to get it out for a while but when it starts getting low it's a lot trickier! One good thing about it is that it's not strongly scented. If you don't mind the bottle and want a natural looking light coverage then it might suit you. It cost me only NZ$12 at a cosmetics sale.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesBlue

7 years ago

I've been using this foundation for a few months and I like it a lot. I like my foundation to have moisture in it and have a dewy finish. It feels pretty lightweight to me. It covers my blemishes well and blends easily. I use my fingertips and a wedge to apply it. I set it in loose powder. Looks fresh all day with only one touch up of powder. :)

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

7 years ago

This is my current foundation, I only picked it up because my local beauty supply was out of Revlon Colorstay Foundation. When it comes to this foundation it is mainly ideal for dry to very dry skinned people. When it comes to color selection I'd say to pick a shade lower than what your skin color is, I say this because I picked up 220 Neutral and it matched perfectly but then it turned a shade darker a couple hours later and looked extremely awkward. Overall, this is a nice day to day foundation, it is extremely hydrating, looks flawless, doesn't clog my pores or settle into any fine lines. It is a light-medium coverage and doesn't really transfer. I will repurchase!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairOther, Wavy, Medium

3.0

8 years ago

Very moisturising, applies easily and I liked the way it felt on my skin. Just didn't give me enough coverage, a little too sheer for my liking. If you use this foundation with the Line Smoothing face powder, coverage is a little better. As for line smoothing, I don't think so. The high level of moisture plumps your lines and creases up for a while but that's about it. One thing I really did like about this product is the sun protection, I wore this all day to a Athletics Carnival, forgot my hat and sunscreen, so could only rely on my foundation for protection and I didn't get sunburnt. I am very photo sensitive due to Lupus I always get burnt so that was impressive. I will give this a go in Summer when I don't wear quite so much full coverage for pale skin and see if I like it better.

About reviewer (275 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

8 years ago

I'm 47 with dry sensitive skin (and rosacea in winter). This makeup is great, my skin feels better after it's been on all day. It keeps from getting dry even if I set it with powder in the summer. It would be nice to find it in a squeeze bottle but I will continue to buy it either way. It would not be good for normal/oily skin, it would probably sit on the skin and be shiny.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age44-55