3.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

13 years ago

I really like this product. For some reason, I just feel as if I am doing something "good" for my skin after using this foundation. I think it may be the fact that my poor dry skin feels moisturized after using this. I compared the ingredients to the Clarins True Comfort foundation which I also like, and amazingly they are similar. I will continue to purchase.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinNormal

HairBlond

EyesHazel

14 years ago

~Fantastic Foundation. I was a huge fan of the Kinetin foundation and never thought I would find another just as good. This has turned out even better. IMO, it is not as greasy and it has good staying power. I like also that is has SPF.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily

HairBrown

14 years ago

I was also a fan of the skin smoothing kinetin makeup and was really bummed when the discontinued it. It was by far my favorite drugstore brand foundation. I first tried the compact version of the new line smoothing makeup and found it to be a wee bit too thick for my skin. The liquid foundation is just perfect though! I love this stuff, I've been using it for a week or two now and I do think it's better than the skin smoothing w/kinetin makeup! It's got a wonderfully rich (but not too thick)texture and the coverage is perfect. Not too full or sheer, not too matte or dewey....just right! As far as drugstore foundations go, this is definitely my new HG, I can't think of one that comes close to it for me!!!

About reviewer (125 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

14 years ago

I was using the Skin-smoothing with Kinetin and I was so mad they got rid of it, but it was replaced with this (Line-smoothing). I was afraid it wouldn't be as good since the skin-smoothing had been my HG, but this is actually even BETTER! If you loved the skin-smoothing, you will love this improvement. It is even smoother and more natural looking! I have combo skin which is mostly very dry, and this really keeps me wonderfully moist all day. I will never consider using another foundation (unless my skin suddenly gets oily)! Thanks Almay! I got this for $11 on sale, and the only thing I don't like is the glass bottle- have to travel a lot. PS. the coverage is light-medium, covers my pores pretty well

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

14 years ago

This is a very nice cheap foundation for dry skinned folks. All physical sunscreen in this, and a dreamy light to medium finish that adds some radiance w/o shimmer. Neutral colors. My only beefs are that it's hard to get it out of the bottle and it contains lecithin(soy) which I'm allergic to so I can't use all of the time but I rec other dry-skinned people to give it a try. What do you have to lose--it's only 14 bucks!

About reviewer (1598 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

14 years ago

I like this foundation a lot. The colors are great and Buff is a really good match for me. I found Ivory to be a bit on the pinkish side on me. The texture of this liquid foundation is smooth and blends in easily. The coverage is buildable to what I'd consider almost medium. My skin is normal to oily but this winter it got a bit dry which was what brought me to try out this moisturizing formula. It definately moisturized the dry places but at the same time, it didn't meltdown by lunchtime either. Sure, I had to use a little powder to touch it up but that's nothing unusual for me. The staying power was okay. I do agree that it is a bit expensive for a drugstore foundation. Overall, I feel that this is a good foundation. Definately worth a try.

About reviewer (69 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily

HairBrown

from

14 years ago

I have to agree with the first reviewer- this is a great foundation for those of us who tend to have flakies from dry skin. I also put it on after mositurizer, though. It's quite expensive for a drugstore foundation ($14.00 where I live) which put me off from trying it for a while, but it has such a nice, moisturizing light texture that I'm glad I tried it. It was a little thick and hard to get out of the bottle at first, also. Usually my favorite face makeup is Clinique's Almost Makeup, but I don't like how shiny it makes me throughout the day. This is an awesome alternative so far- I'll update in a couple of weeks if I notice any negative effects. Great product! :)

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

14 years ago

I have dry/combo skin, after i cleanse my face it's extremely dry, but later in the day the natural oils come out >< and i have "normal" skin =P This is a very thick liquid foudnation. I love that it dosen't eccentuate my flakies like most other foundations (i use a moisturizer pre-makeup btw). There is no transferring onto clothes, which is a major PLUS for me!! No touchups needed either...maybe a slight blotting (which is totally normal). It retails for about $17CAD. Well worth it if you ask me. As for its claim to reduce lines etc., i'm not too sure.. i'm only in my 20s =) Overall great product esp for those with dry skin! It's excellent for the winter, but for summer i might go looking for a powder =) PS provides light - medium coverage depending on your method of application.

About reviewer (913 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral