3.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

12 years ago

I always fall back to this as my daily favorite. It makes my pores disappear and my skin looks smooth and even. It took me awhile to get the right shade; now I mix two together. It not that bad because I buy it when its on sale, buy one get one free. I do see the benefits to my skin with this foundation.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair

1.0

12 years ago

Line smoothing??? Made mine worse! Almay's new line of liquid foundations suck.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

EyesOther

from

13 years ago

Other than the glass bottle, this foundation is a big winner for me. I look for the following in a foundation: it must not settle into or accentuate the pores on my nose and cheeks; it must stay on my chin and not cake/flake/separate or become lots of tiny dots; it must look natural and it must cover up the patches of redness on my face that come and go. Ideally, it should moisturize, but as long as it looks good for a long while, I'll take it. This basically meets the criteria and I am very happy with it for a great daytime foundation. I don't find it that moisturizing, but it doesn't show too many wrinkles.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

EyesBlue

13 years ago

I wish you could put a maybe on if you would repurchase again. I was sucked in to a buy one get one 50% off sale. This product applied smoothly even on top of heavy duty sunscreen that I use. It lasts almost my entire work day. My only gripe is the container. I don't have the patience in the morning to bang and hit a bottle to get it to come out (then sometimes too much comes out). If this came in a plastic tube I would like it much better. I am sure you can use Q-Tips to get it out but what a pain. This was a little more emollient than the Smart foundation by Almay plus I was impressed with the ivory colors which did not turn orange like some others. Update: Still cursing at this darn bottle every morning. I like the product but geez Almay do you have cruel intentions with this bottle?

About reviewer (87 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairRed

EyesGreen

13 years ago

My first foundation was the almay kinetin years ago. I loved it and just like some others have said I think this one is better. The only thing I don't like about the new one is the packaging it is kind of annoying to get out. But I love how smooth it looks and feels. I actually think this 1 might be my HG, can't really imagine a foundation being any better. I have used so many foundations its ridiculus and this is the best. Plus it comes in human colors! so natural. EDIT:While this never gave me any negative reaction,it made my skin look greasy. I love a matte look not a dewy. I have oily skin and I know this is for dry skin but a friend recommened Almay to me because its hypoallergenic and the other 2 foundations in this line are horrible. The 1 for oily skin has acne medication that I dont need. The packaging drove my crazy after a while and is not hygenic and soo hard to get out. I would recommed this to someone with dry skin though, it is just not for me. I liked almay old foundations so much better.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

EyesBlue

2.0

13 years ago

I returned this product after one use. The color was not a good match for my fair skin, but what really bothered me was that it seemed to draw attention to the lines on my forhead, not smooth them. The makeup settled into my wrinkles and actually made them look worse. I looked very "made up" not natural, and once I washed my face, felt better about the way I looked. Definitely will not repurchase.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinDry

13 years ago

I have been a loyal fan of Chanel's DPF foundation for several years now. But because that is so expensive at £21.00 a bottle I decided to try out the cheaper drugstore brands. This foundation by Almay is a much closer match for my skintone, less than half the price and goes on lovely. I think that the secret is that it is oil-free. It does not change colour throughout the day. I still get a bit of shine half way through the day but that is due to having very greasy skin. The coverage is light to medium. I will defintely repurchse this from now on.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

13 years ago

I've only worn this a little while and I really like it. It's pretty good wearing and I don't need to blot for at least 4-5 hours and no touch is needed through the day. I'm NC30 and I wear Naked in this. It's a good match, slightly less yellow and the finish on my skin is very soft. I don't have any lines or real imperfections to cover and this gives me a smooth flawless complexion without looking at all masky. It does look a little flat when you first put it on, but it softens very quickly and stays like that for hours. Not at all drying which is a relief on my often flaky skin. A very good everyday foundation for when I need more than tinted moisturizer. Definitely will buy again.

About reviewer (98 reviews)

SkinCombination

2.0

13 years ago

I'm very dissapointed. I usually like Almay products but I feel I have wasted £10. I wasn't overly inspired by the bottle. It looks very old fashioned. Due to not having a pump I either have trouble in pouring out the right amount of foundation, and i hateasting my lovely makeup. The texture is quite drying and I prefer to have my skin feel silky. My skin type is normal/combination but it feel dry to the touch and felt mask like and heavy. The colour, although matching perfectly looked too dense on my skin, although that coulc be just a preference fault than an issue with the product. However, I found that far from smoothing my lines this settled in the lines around my mouth, looking heavy and accenting the lines. While I didn't have that issue around my eyes, and I thought that it lasted for a long time (I needed two Simple face wipes to get my face clear, the stuff really clings!) it won't be bought by me again.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

13 years ago

After some raves on the board, I decided to take this baby for a ride. Sadly, I was disappointed. It is just average. Not good for ladies with very dry skin like me. The packaging was a bottle with no pump so not hygienic, and product was too thick to come out of the jar easily. I felt like that Heinz commercial where you have to wait forever for the product to come out of the bottle. I always ended up shaking the bottle madly to get it to come out (no patience). Will not repurchase.

About reviewer (47 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium