Cat Cosmetics Six Kitten Palette

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

4.2

I so wanted to like this palette, but was very dissapointed. The quality of the compact itself is excellent, and the concept is very clever - each well is refillable. However, I did not care for the products inside. As others on this board have said, the colors/textures of the l/g's are strange, and the bronzer is waaay too shimmery. The blushes/eyeshadows are nice but unremarkable, and I feel I get better results from Nars or BB. I ended up swapping this one away.

LOVE IT!! I get so many compliments when i wear this makeup. I threw out all my other colors and only wear cat cosmetics now. Its so easy to pull out one compact with everything you need. Your done in 5 mins.LOVES IT!!!!!!!!!!!

The six kitten did not work for me since my skintone has whitened to PPP NC15. The bronzer was much to orangey for me & the whiskers blush washed me out, probably because of how pale I am I need a little deeper color to bring out my face. The Eartha Cat turned peachy orange on me, again PPP & the Taupe looked muddy & the black drab, no shimmer or nothing. As for the lipglosses, too frosty & red. I can see this palette looking stunning on LLL & deeper, it just didn't work for me, sigh. For those that say the eyeshadow flecks get into the lipgloss the trick is to blow the excess away before you put the compact away, it should do the trick.

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

I FINALLY ordered a Six Kitten Palette - and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! I was concerned about some of the shades with my light/medium olive skin, but the powders are soooo well-pigmented and they are all LOVELY. First let me say that, with the "LOVE" promotion and 30% discount, the Six Kitten sells for $42; an EXCELLENT PRICE for 4 eye shadows, 1 blusher, 1 bronzer, 3 lipglosses, and a beautiful, solid and sturdy 6-well reuseable palette with a full mirror and dual-ended brush. The quality of the products is SUPERB! The powders are silky-smooth, super-blendable and again, very pigmented. Whiskers Blush IS the perfect blusher shade! Think Milani's Luminous Blush with a fraction of the shimmer and more color in its place....just so lovely and softly brightening on the skin, pinky-peach and feminine! The bronzer is great, very natural looking. Both have a very delicate shimmer - you can see it in a magnifying mirror, but to the naked eye your skin just looks glowy. The eye shadows are GREAT; Eartha Cat Duo has a lovely shimmery shade (this I need to use wet to really show on my skin, but when I do it is so pretty) and a matte that is GREAT for my hooded eyes; I use it from crease to browbone. Catastrophic Duo has a PERFECT grey-brown with very subtle shimmer that is a completely neutral crease/contour shade! And the matte black is useful beyond words, to blend into the crease and V at outer corners, to wet line, fill brows, etc. These eye shadows are the best I've ever used, and last ALL DAY with no creasing; I do use an e/s base but all my other shadows have a teeny oil crease at the end of the day...NOT THESE. All so naturally flattering on my brown eyes! And now, the controversial GLOSSES. Roar is STUNNING! On my pale lips, it's a gorgeous rose-coral glow!!! It has minute gold shimmer and wears like a lipstick; it leaves a nice stain on the lips. I use the gold and pink glosses as accents - not full-lip coverage - and they are perfect for highlighting the lips and adding fullness. I don't find them too frosty at all. Having read the other Reviews here stating that the glosses collect powder from the palette, I went ahead and ordered a 3-well palette and a Black Cherry gloss, so that I could put all 4 glosses (one is a double) in one smaller case for my purse - FAB, black, solid, with mirror. Then I got Cat Fight eye shadow duo and Peepers (perfect soft blue iridescent shadow) to replace the glosses in my Six Kitten. I am hoping they (Cat Cosmetics) will soon sell an 8-well palette; I plan on buying a couple more eye shadows if they do, including Frisky for a highligher. Let me add that, when you purchase an empty palette, the price is reduced by $4.00 for EACH product pan you purchase to put into it, so it ultimately becomes FREE! And then the promotional discount is taken off the total price as well. HOW FUN!!! At the end of the day, when I look into the mirror, I look so bright and different and pretty! I'm SO happy with my purchases! Happy Valentine's Day to ME!!! FYI: Cat makes a Magnet Wand for removing and replacing pan eye shadows and blushers; BUY THIS!!! For your Cat palettes, MAC palettes, etc etc - the best $5 (or $3.50 on sale) you can spend!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This was one of the first palette type products I invested in. The colors were fine, nothing miraculous, but fine for everyday basic wear. My biggest issue, is the same with many palettes. Lip glosses don't belong in the same container as shadows, blushes, and bronzers. They all get mixed and gooed up together. I also agreed with one review that said, that perhaps instead of one of the bronzers, she could include another shadow, maybe a lighter brown or taupe.

I love this palette Six Kitten. It has the best eyeshadows and lipgloss. The colors go with everything. From day to night.I little pricey but worth it. A must!

This is a decent palette, but like other reviewers said, basic, without any "fun" colors thrown in (for a girl cannot live with taupe and taupe alone...).

The surprising standout for me was the bronzer--having never used bronzer before (and being completely unfamiliar with the concept), I was struck by how it subtly defined my cheekbones, so perhaps I'm only using it as something to contour with, but what do I know, I've never used bronzer before. The color is subtle and hasn't turned orange on me yet, and I have oily skin. I liked to sweep some across my temples and along the sides of my face.

The Roar lip gloss is all right; it's a standard, opaque gloss. It's not an unflattering color. The blush was decent as well; not completely matte, but not overly sparkly (I don't like over-the-top sparkles of pretty much any sort), although I must confess that I like my Shu Uemura M Pink 31 blush better (they're similar, but the Shu is just prettier on me and lasts longer).

As to the eyeshadows... there are two split pans of shadows: the lighter "daytime look" set, and the "nighttime vamp-it-up look" set (the quotation marks are mine). Of the lighter set, there's a lighter colored shadow that's shimmery, and a slightly darker, more apricot-y matte shade. The light shimmery shade works fine as a highlighter shade but is a bit sparkly for my tastes; I like the matteness of the darker shade but it's a bit orange on me, which I do not like. I mean, I like the color orange, it's a happy color, but I don't necessarily want it on my face. As to the darker duo, the cola-colored shade (the lighter shade in the darker duo) is my favorite. It's pretty and matte and I don't have anything else like this shade. The darker shade is also decent, although I rarely use it. The texture of these shadows aren't as nice as say, Shu Uemura or Giorgio Armani (silky, silky, silky!!!), but they're definitely better than Revlon (of which I find hard, crumbly and dry). The lasting power is decent but not the best I've sampled.

What really kills me about this palette is the lip gloss duo: it's a frosty pink and a frosty gold. They're some of the most unflattering colors I've ever used--it is true, you can use one of them lightly in the middle of your bottom lip after you've used the darker Roar gloss all over to make your pout look fuller, but there's so much of this frosty gloss, and I'm going to get so little usage out of it! If the colors had just been more sheer and less frosty it would be less of an issue, but the amount of frost is overpowering. When I was reading about this palette and hadn't gotten it yet, I didn't think it could be this bad, but it was!

The case is decent: it's black and plastic and the mirror inside is large and across the entire palette lid.

Overall, I doubt I'd buy again. While I like some of the products in this palette, my strong dislike for some of the others overshadows my neutral feelings. It's a decent palette, but not spectacular. For something so large, I could pack a Shu palette and add a lipstick and have used less space but have more blush and eyeshadow options. continued >>

I love my Six Kitten and Cat Cosmetics in general! They are of great quality and look lovely and are so versatile. There is a lot of pigment in them across the board, so they are a good value IMHO. As for the post that stated that these can be obtained through Lady Burd, etc., those companies do NOT sell to the general public, so that really does not help us not in the business. I think that Cat's line is worth what we pay in any case!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

JUST GOT THE SIX KITTEN! LOVE IT! I was a little worried as I'm a fair/olive skinned brunette with brown eyes (Cat is blond/blue)...but these colors look lovely on me! So FRESH and CLEAN looking for day and easy to add drama for night. This is a new staple for me. AND getting it for half price in the "litterbox" makes it that much sweeter!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i just got the six kitten, and it has very quickly become one of my all time favorite whole face palettes (i even prefer this over my many nars palettes). on days when i don't want to think about my makeup, i reach for this palette b/ the colors are all very easy to use for either a sophisticated natural or dramatic smokey look. there are 4 eyeshadow halves: a matte light nude, a shimmery light beige, a slightly shimmery medium taupe, and a matte black. there's also a slightly shimmery warm pink blush, a medium bronzer, a dark red-brown lipcolor, and 2 frosty glosses (a light pink and a light gold). the quality of these products are fantastic - very smooth and well pigmented with very little, if any, fragrance. the only reason i give this palette a 4 rating is b/ i don't particularly like the 2 glosses; they're too frosty for me (almost silvery/whitish looking when used by themselves). they can still look pretty good when mixed together or layered over other lipcolors but i would've preferred to have two less frosty, more natural looking glosses (eg. a less shimmery pink and a sheer beige). however, overall i still adore this palette for its versatility and quality. it really works to enhance your features, rather than draw attention to your makeup colors. the palette case is also very nice; it's sleek and sturdy with a big mirror and an included eyeshadow brush (pretty decent quality). i have light asian coloring but i think this set would work on anyone with light to medium warm or neutral coloring. this palette is definitely worth the price. cat cosmetics also has absolutely wonderful customer service, and i will definitely continue to try out their products. note: the wells in the palette fit prestige e/s pans perfectly (stila pans are a little smaller) so i will put in a favorite prestige e/s when i'm almost done with the glosses.