Cat Cosmetics Six Kitten Palette

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

4.5

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

I FINALLY ordered a Six Kitten Palette - and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! I was concerned about some of the shades with my light/medium olive skin, but the powders are soooo well-pigmented and they are all LOVELY. First let me say that, with the "LOVE" promotion and 30% discount, the Six Kitten sells for $42; an EXCELLENT PRICE for 4 eye shadows, 1 blusher, 1 bronzer, 3 lipglosses, and a beautiful, solid and sturdy 6-well reuseable palette with a full mirror and dual-ended brush. The quality of the products is SUPERB! The powders are silky-smooth, super-blendable and again, very pigmented. Whiskers Blush IS the perfect blusher shade! Think Milani's Luminous Blush with a fraction of the shimmer and more color in its place....just so lovely and softly brightening on the skin, pinky-peach and feminine! The bronzer is great, very natural looking. Both have a very delicate shimmer - you can see it in a magnifying mirror, but to the naked eye your skin just looks glowy. The eye shadows are GREAT; Eartha Cat Duo has a lovely shimmery shade (this I need to use wet to really show on my skin, but when I do it is so pretty) and a matte that is GREAT for my hooded eyes; I use it from crease to browbone. Catastrophic Duo has a PERFECT grey-brown with very subtle shimmer that is a completely neutral crease/contour shade! And the matte black is useful beyond words, to blend into the crease and V at outer corners, to wet line, fill brows, etc. These eye shadows are the best I've ever used, and last ALL DAY with no creasing; I do use an e/s base but all my other shadows have a teeny oil crease at the end of the day...NOT THESE. All so naturally flattering on my brown eyes! And now, the controversial GLOSSES. Roar is STUNNING! On my pale lips, it's a gorgeous rose-coral glow!!! It has minute gold shimmer and wears like a lipstick; it leaves a nice stain on the lips. I use the gold and pink glosses as accents - not full-lip coverage - and they are perfect for highlighting the lips and adding fullness. I don't find them too frosty at all. Having read the other Reviews here stating that the glosses collect powder from the palette, I went ahead and ordered a 3-well palette and a Black Cherry gloss, so that I could put all 4 glosses (one is a double) in one smaller case for my purse - FAB, black, solid, with mirror. Then I got Cat Fight eye shadow duo and Peepers (perfect soft blue iridescent shadow) to replace the glosses in my Six Kitten. I am hoping they (Cat Cosmetics) will soon sell an 8-well palette; I plan on buying a couple more eye shadows if they do, including Frisky for a highligher. Let me add that, when you purchase an empty palette, the price is reduced by $4.00 for EACH product pan you purchase to put into it, so it ultimately becomes FREE! And then the promotional discount is taken off the total price as well. HOW FUN!!! At the end of the day, when I look into the mirror, I look so bright and different and pretty! I'm SO happy with my purchases! Happy Valentine's Day to ME!!! FYI: Cat makes a Magnet Wand for removing and replacing pan eye shadows and blushers; BUY THIS!!! For your Cat palettes, MAC palettes, etc etc - the best $5 (or $3.50 on sale) you can spend!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is an awesome palette! The colors are universally appealing. The e/s quality is awesome, soft and very pigmented... The bronzer and blush also deliver good color. My only disappointment is the cat/mouse gloss as i am 48 with lines in my lips and these are a touch too frosty IMHO. Otherwise this is a great palette, packaged well and it will be awesome to travel with! All I need to bring along is concealer and mascara!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I don't know why it's taken me so long to throw in my 2 cents worth. I use this palette frequently, especially the bronzer and blush. The colors in this palette are very good for light skinned people (which is noted on her website, for darker skins the Cat Kit has better shades). I also got the customizable kit last month. I now have almost all her shadows and glosses. I read one poster's concern about the price, you really need to check her monthly specials for better deals. I got the newest kit for 20% off.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this product!! I especially love the shadows, a neutral pair in beige/tan and a more glamorous pair in taupe and black/charcoal. I can use the neutral for daytime, use the black for lining and the taupe and black for contouring. The brushes are great quality. I love the blush (I used the bronze as a blush right now in winter). The pigment is great, just a little goes a long way. Would definitely buy the shadows again and I plan to. Only thing with the glosses--I prefer more neutral and less frost, pink and gold aren't for me, but will try over my l/s.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

LOOOOOOOOOVED this! i have dark hair, dark eyes and light skinned...and this palette made me look great! not to be conceited or anything but i really liked how it made me look. gives you the natural look...and even drama if you want to intensify it. now if only it wasn't so expensive! $60!!! but luckily the refills are alot cheaper. great bronzer and blush...really pretty. only i use the bronzer and blush together. bronzer as a contour and it looks really pretty. the eyeshadows are pretty basic colors but if you do it right it looks amazing on you. but i have to say the kitten kit would probably suit light skinned ladies...if you're dark skinned you have to go w/ the cat kit! they're basically the same except cat kit has a few extra things. great product. all i ask is to please lower the price!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

DO NOT JUDGE A KIT BY ITS COLORS. I was not impressed when I received my kit. In fact, I nearly sent it back: the eye colors look terribly boring (a brown/black duo and a soft taupe shimmer/deep beige duo) while, inexplicably, the lip colors looked neon. I thought, you've got to be kidding.

Every last PRODUCT in this kit is top quality and the most flattering of everything I own. The Six Kitten is the first full palette I've bought in many years. This makes such a beautiful overall face. We'll start with the eyes. The Eartha Cat eyeshadow duo is so perfect for day: the very slightly shimmery pale taupe/champagne color and the dark peachy beige tan duo complement daytime eyes better than any product I have ever used. In fact, I just purchased the solo duo to save my kit from overuse.
The other shadow duo, Catastrophic, is a slightly darker brown and a black. Both of these can be used to define or shade the eyes. The black is a high quality smooth powder, and I use my TM #11 brush to use this as a liner.
On to the lips. The Roar is a browned down deep rose, and is quite wearable alone or mixed with one or both of the other lip colors. The Cat and Mouse Duo, look like a neon pink and bright gold in the box but are utterly beautiful on alone, mixed with each other or over lipstick. The Cat Cosmetics site claims these glosses brighten the face and I swear they actually do! When I was back in Denver last week my sisters swore I'd had "work done" LOL! It's amazing. The lip glosses are highly pigmented and very long lasting, unless you eat or drink.

The bronzer is absolutely perfect on my fair olive/neutral complexion: not too matte and not too shimmery and not too orange. The color is a dusky, peachy brown. If this appears orange on you, use a softer brush. The bright pink Whiskers blush put me off in the palette, but WOW! This really made my green eyes pop.

No buyer's remorse here as alwyas seems to be the case when I spend a lot on an untried product. This is not only an I *would* repurchase, this is a "yes I *WILL* REPURCHASE THE MINUTE I APPEAR TO BE RUNNING OUT OF THIS STUFF."
I've already bought two more kits for a couple of family members who deserve an extra nice gift this year. My best investment of 2002!UPDATE: A few months ago, I wore the Cat/Mouse Lip Duo -- that dismayed so many reviewers here -- out to dinner. Mind you it was a sports bar/wings place so it was very casual, but the waitress would not stop raving about my "lipstick" and how perfect it was, etc. She would not leave me alone until I wrote down the name of it. I thought maybe she was trolling for tips, but next time I saw her she had ordered it for herself and loves it, too. Mix these glosses together and use a teeny bit for a beautiful flattering peach glow.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

What can I say? It is a nice palette but nothing to write home about. Basic, basic, basic. I recomend seeing this in person before you buy. Neat case, boring colors. I sent mine back.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like this palette very much especially the lipgloss. All three colour are highly pigmented & wearable. Blush, eye shadow, eye liner, lippie all in bronze palette with lovely Cat's logo. I'm happy with this and thinking about my refill already. The company should have more colour refill for the palette.

Update: I'm bored with the neutral colour & going back to my KP trios again.