Cat Cosmetics Six Kitten Palette

Filtered by hair type : Other

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Excellent quality of the product. However, this entire kit is made for someone with obvious warm undertones. PPP, stay FAR away. The colors make you look tired- dead like. Nothing was flattering. Obvious frost in the gloss, gold flecks in blush and bronzer; sad as the colors are nice but all the gold and frost ruins it.

I must admit that I lemminged this, and I was somewhat disappointed. The eyeshadows and blush and bronzer are all standard and serviceable, but not very exciting. As for the lip glosses, everything you've read here is, unfortunately, completely accurate. Let's just say that the gold gloss only got used when a friend and I decided to go to a hippie-themed party as the "goddesses of clubbing." These glosses are just too opaque and frosty. I think Cat Hickland may have had her head in the 70s clouds when she thought up this palette. I can use the gold gloss as a highlighter over other lipsticks, but the bronze one is just unusable for me (I'm very pale, NC15).

Also, the included brush fell apart--the head came out of the handle. For this amount of money I would just go for a NARS palette.

This is a decent palette, but like other reviewers said, basic, without any "fun" colors thrown in (for a girl cannot live with taupe and taupe alone...).

The surprising standout for me was the bronzer--having never used bronzer before (and being completely unfamiliar with the concept), I was struck by how it subtly defined my cheekbones, so perhaps I'm only using it as something to contour with, but what do I know, I've never used bronzer before. The color is subtle and hasn't turned orange on me yet, and I have oily skin. I liked to sweep some across my temples and along the sides of my face.

The Roar lip gloss is all right; it's a standard, opaque gloss. It's not an unflattering color. The blush was decent as well; not completely matte, but not overly sparkly (I don't like over-the-top sparkles of pretty much any sort), although I must confess that I like my Shu Uemura M Pink 31 blush better (they're similar, but the Shu is just prettier on me and lasts longer).

As to the eyeshadows... there are two split pans of shadows: the lighter "daytime look" set, and the "nighttime vamp-it-up look" set (the quotation marks are mine). Of the lighter set, there's a lighter colored shadow that's shimmery, and a slightly darker, more apricot-y matte shade. The light shimmery shade works fine as a highlighter shade but is a bit sparkly for my tastes; I like the matteness of the darker shade but it's a bit orange on me, which I do not like. I mean, I like the color orange, it's a happy color, but I don't necessarily want it on my face. As to the darker duo, the cola-colored shade (the lighter shade in the darker duo) is my favorite. It's pretty and matte and I don't have anything else like this shade. The darker shade is also decent, although I rarely use it. The texture of these shadows aren't as nice as say, Shu Uemura or Giorgio Armani (silky, silky, silky!!!), but they're definitely better than Revlon (of which I find hard, crumbly and dry). The lasting power is decent but not the best I've sampled.

What really kills me about this palette is the lip gloss duo: it's a frosty pink and a frosty gold. They're some of the most unflattering colors I've ever used--it is true, you can use one of them lightly in the middle of your bottom lip after you've used the darker Roar gloss all over to make your pout look fuller, but there's so much of this frosty gloss, and I'm going to get so little usage out of it! If the colors had just been more sheer and less frosty it would be less of an issue, but the amount of frost is overpowering. When I was reading about this palette and hadn't gotten it yet, I didn't think it could be this bad, but it was!

The case is decent: it's black and plastic and the mirror inside is large and across the entire palette lid.

Overall, I doubt I'd buy again. While I like some of the products in this palette, my strong dislike for some of the others overshadows my neutral feelings. It's a decent palette, but not spectacular. For something so large, I could pack a Shu palette and add a lipstick and have used less space but have more blush and eyeshadow options. continued >>

I had never tried Cat Cosmetics until getting the Six Kitten. I really like it and plan to get other Cat products. Unlike many here, I find the glosses to be among some of the better ones I've tried. Yes, they are frosty, but are mixable. They also have great staying power and are very moisturizing. The blush and bronzer are nice as well, and the shadow colors would look good on anybody.

Woo-hoo!! This is one of those purchases I have been contemplating for a while and could not be more thrilled with the outcome. This is the best palette I could ever hope for!! I never thought I would like roar lipgloss since I normally cannot wear reds....WRONG! It is gorgeous! The cat and mouse glosses are fabulous! Whiskers blush has an awesome color payoff in a fabulous peachy pink shade. The bronzer is wonderful too! The eyeshadows are superb quality and the neutral shades can really dress my eyes up or keep them casual. LOOOOOVE this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I originally bought the cat kit and have been craving the six kitten and finally got it. Let me just say, the Six Kitten blows away the Cat kit! The cat kit contains 8 instead of six slots so the palette is the same as the stila 8 pan v. 6 pan. The additional items in the cat kit are another bronzer, and a yellow lip moisturizer. Neither are necessary. It also has 4 eyeshadows but two are full size v. halves. But who needs bigger pots of nuetral eye shadows.
The Six kitten is much better IMO. It has the nice blush and bronzer. 4 Half shadows and three lipglosses. I love the lip glosses and especially like the red which wasnt included in the Cat kit.
I think this is a great way to try Cat. It is a palette which creates a flawless face. I do agree with the other reviewer who stated that the colors werent super unique, but they work well together and make a beautiful face!

I don't understand all the hype about this palette. It is so very average and the product does not justify the high price. I'm not a fan of this at all.

Good heavens, I LOVE THIS! The case looks like brushed metal, with the cutest Cat Cosmetics logo and word right in the middle with a huge mirror on the inside. And boy, do I love the CATNIP BRONZER! It goes on the most beautiful brown that isn't ultra-matte, yet isn't shimmery. I'm a real bronzer fanatic and this is just lovely. The LIPGLOSSES are great - a very smooth texture with a faint pleasant scent. I prefer the red lipgloss, it goes on just right. I can't decide if I like the pink lipgloss, it gives a futuristic look because it goes on almost silvery on my lips. I can't say much about the gold lipgloss though, I'm only into red/pinks so I can't see myself using it. The WHISKERS blush is pretty, a light pink with a hint of shimmer. Very natural and flattering. While the eyeshadows aren't my style - they're muted bland colours IMHO and I prefer funky colours - the texture is really nice. The champagne coloured one is really nice though. And as for the BRUSH, it's just nice for applying a wash of e/s. Too bad it didn't come with a powder brush & lipbrush :P