Cat Cosmetics Six Kitten Palette

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

4.6

The six kitten did not work for me since my skintone has whitened to PPP NC15. The bronzer was much to orangey for me & the whiskers blush washed me out, probably because of how pale I am I need a little deeper color to bring out my face. The Eartha Cat turned peachy orange on me, again PPP & the Taupe looked muddy & the black drab, no shimmer or nothing. As for the lipglosses, too frosty & red. I can see this palette looking stunning on LLL & deeper, it just didn't work for me, sigh. For those that say the eyeshadow flecks get into the lipgloss the trick is to blow the excess away before you put the compact away, it should do the trick.

This is a decent palette, but like other reviewers said, basic, without any "fun" colors thrown in (for a girl cannot live with taupe and taupe alone...).

The surprising standout for me was the bronzer--having never used bronzer before (and being completely unfamiliar with the concept), I was struck by how it subtly defined my cheekbones, so perhaps I'm only using it as something to contour with, but what do I know, I've never used bronzer before. The color is subtle and hasn't turned orange on me yet, and I have oily skin. I liked to sweep some across my temples and along the sides of my face.

The Roar lip gloss is all right; it's a standard, opaque gloss. It's not an unflattering color. The blush was decent as well; not completely matte, but not overly sparkly (I don't like over-the-top sparkles of pretty much any sort), although I must confess that I like my Shu Uemura M Pink 31 blush better (they're similar, but the Shu is just prettier on me and lasts longer).

As to the eyeshadows... there are two split pans of shadows: the lighter "daytime look" set, and the "nighttime vamp-it-up look" set (the quotation marks are mine). Of the lighter set, there's a lighter colored shadow that's shimmery, and a slightly darker, more apricot-y matte shade. The light shimmery shade works fine as a highlighter shade but is a bit sparkly for my tastes; I like the matteness of the darker shade but it's a bit orange on me, which I do not like. I mean, I like the color orange, it's a happy color, but I don't necessarily want it on my face. As to the darker duo, the cola-colored shade (the lighter shade in the darker duo) is my favorite. It's pretty and matte and I don't have anything else like this shade. The darker shade is also decent, although I rarely use it. The texture of these shadows aren't as nice as say, Shu Uemura or Giorgio Armani (silky, silky, silky!!!), but they're definitely better than Revlon (of which I find hard, crumbly and dry). The lasting power is decent but not the best I've sampled.

What really kills me about this palette is the lip gloss duo: it's a frosty pink and a frosty gold. They're some of the most unflattering colors I've ever used--it is true, you can use one of them lightly in the middle of your bottom lip after you've used the darker Roar gloss all over to make your pout look fuller, but there's so much of this frosty gloss, and I'm going to get so little usage out of it! If the colors had just been more sheer and less frosty it would be less of an issue, but the amount of frost is overpowering. When I was reading about this palette and hadn't gotten it yet, I didn't think it could be this bad, but it was!

The case is decent: it's black and plastic and the mirror inside is large and across the entire palette lid.

Overall, I doubt I'd buy again. While I like some of the products in this palette, my strong dislike for some of the others overshadows my neutral feelings. It's a decent palette, but not spectacular. For something so large, I could pack a Shu palette and add a lipstick and have used less space but have more blush and eyeshadow options. continued >>

I love my Six Kitten and Cat Cosmetics in general! They are of great quality and look lovely and are so versatile. There is a lot of pigment in them across the board, so they are a good value IMHO. As for the post that stated that these can be obtained through Lady Burd, etc., those companies do NOT sell to the general public, so that really does not help us not in the business. I think that Cat's line is worth what we pay in any case!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I don't know why it's taken me so long to throw in my 2 cents worth. I use this palette frequently, especially the bronzer and blush. The colors in this palette are very good for light skinned people (which is noted on her website, for darker skins the Cat Kit has better shades). I also got the customizable kit last month. I now have almost all her shadows and glosses. I read one poster's concern about the price, you really need to check her monthly specials for better deals. I got the newest kit for 20% off.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Finally - cosmetics colors that enhance every woman's coloring! These are high-quality eye shadows, blushers & lip glosses that require "just a touch" to the color pan to enhance your features. From this one palette, you can create a day or evening look! ALL of the colors are completely blendable - what fun it is to create your own lip color or eye color. When you wear Cat's cosmetics, people will say YOU look great, not your makeup!

I got a good deal on this, I think it was about $40 plus a free brush. I love this palette. It is perfect for a business trip, but you can play w/ it for going out, although it doesn't have any "fun" colors.
The black shadow makes a fantastic eyeliner when used wet that really stays on. The purchase was worth it for me just because of that. The shadows stay on all day, don't crease at all. The blush and the bronzer are perfect for my nc25 skin! The lipstick is nice and you can change the shade using the glosses which ended up being more wearable than I would have initially guessed. That being said, the lippies are my least favorite part of the set. The glosses are a little light and frosty, but you can mix them w/ something else. Overall this is a stellar palette. It would have been nice if it came w/ a lipbrush, but I can't complain. This was my first Cat purchase and it got me hooked!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

FINALLY swapped for this palette, and the rest of my makeup is wondering where I've been for two weeks. I carry this thing around like a security blanket - along with the mini brush set, which I also swapped for - and it really wears well. The colors are warmer than I normally wear, but I'm getting a lot of compliments on my looks so I guess warmer is the way to go! I wasn't too pleased with the glosses, b/c I don't like frosty stuff, but after reading reviews saying 'try it over lipstick or liner', I did and now they're more workable. I used to be a Smashbox addict, but not only is this much less complicated (goes with everything), it's compact and I think the quality of the shadows is superb. The blush and bronzer work very well w/my skin tone, and I'm wearing black eyeliner again! Once this is empty, I'm treating myself to a Six Cat customizable palette. Update 1/19/05: Never got to empty it, b/c original palette broke. Swapped for another one, and it's my favorite again. How did I live w/out this? However, she NEEDS to come out w/some cooler browns. How do you wear these colors w/pastelly clothes? Someone help me. EDIT: I pulled the glosses out and put in Cat's Creme and Cat Fight. MUCH more usable palette.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this product!! I especially love the shadows, a neutral pair in beige/tan and a more glamorous pair in taupe and black/charcoal. I can use the neutral for daytime, use the black for lining and the taupe and black for contouring. The brushes are great quality. I love the blush (I used the bronze as a blush right now in winter). The pigment is great, just a little goes a long way. Would definitely buy the shadows again and I plan to. Only thing with the glosses--I prefer more neutral and less frost, pink and gold aren't for me, but will try over my l/s.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got this for christmas and have been using it everyday. All items are of awesome quality and great pigmentation. I even love the lipglosses, esp. roar. I don't think the fragrance is overpowering at all. Cat and mouse are a bit much by themselves, but over roar they look great!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have to say that I totally love this kit! The colors are great for this PPP! I've had this kit for a couple of weeks now and there's not one color that I haven't used. For the price, there's nothing that compares to it. This one is highly recommended!