Cat Cosmetics Six Kitten Palette

Filtered by skin tone : Other

3.3

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Excellent quality of the product. However, this entire kit is made for someone with obvious warm undertones. PPP, stay FAR away. The colors make you look tired- dead like. Nothing was flattering. Obvious frost in the gloss, gold flecks in blush and bronzer; sad as the colors are nice but all the gold and frost ruins it.

I can't believe how much I use and like this palette. First off, I will admit that I do not use the lipglosses and the palette would easily get 5 lippies if they were not included. I can easily overlook this because they can easily be replaced with some of her other products. This is the palette I grab before heading out of town because it is so versatile. The bronzer is perfect even for my fair skin. It isn't orange nor too glittery. It has just the right amount of shimmer and just the right shade of brown to warm up even the palest winter skin. The blush is the prettiest shade of pink I have ever found. Now let's get to the eyes! Both of the eyeshadow duos are extremely versatile. The formula is long lasting and nevers cakes or travels to other areas of my face. Best of all they have just the right amount of shimmer to brighten the eye area. For an everyday eye look I use the pale shade from the Eartha Cat duo allover and then use the taupe from the Catastrophic duo in the crease. Finally I smudge the taupe along the lower lash line and top off my lashes with mascara. I am so pleased with the eyeshadows that I am planning on removing the lipglosses and replacing them with Tabby and perhaps Faux Paw.

I must admit that I lemminged this, and I was somewhat disappointed. The eyeshadows and blush and bronzer are all standard and serviceable, but not very exciting. As for the lip glosses, everything you've read here is, unfortunately, completely accurate. Let's just say that the gold gloss only got used when a friend and I decided to go to a hippie-themed party as the "goddesses of clubbing." These glosses are just too opaque and frosty. I think Cat Hickland may have had her head in the 70s clouds when she thought up this palette. I can use the gold gloss as a highlighter over other lipsticks, but the bronze one is just unusable for me (I'm very pale, NC15).

Also, the included brush fell apart--the head came out of the handle. For this amount of money I would just go for a NARS palette.

I had never tried Cat Cosmetics until getting the Six Kitten. I really like it and plan to get other Cat products. Unlike many here, I find the glosses to be among some of the better ones I've tried. Yes, they are frosty, but are mixable. They also have great staying power and are very moisturizing. The blush and bronzer are nice as well, and the shadow colors would look good on anybody.

I don't understand all the hype about this palette. It is so very average and the product does not justify the high price. I'm not a fan of this at all.

Good heavens, I LOVE THIS! The case looks like brushed metal, with the cutest Cat Cosmetics logo and word right in the middle with a huge mirror on the inside. And boy, do I love the CATNIP BRONZER! It goes on the most beautiful brown that isn't ultra-matte, yet isn't shimmery. I'm a real bronzer fanatic and this is just lovely. The LIPGLOSSES are great - a very smooth texture with a faint pleasant scent. I prefer the red lipgloss, it goes on just right. I can't decide if I like the pink lipgloss, it gives a futuristic look because it goes on almost silvery on my lips. I can't say much about the gold lipgloss though, I'm only into red/pinks so I can't see myself using it. The WHISKERS blush is pretty, a light pink with a hint of shimmer. Very natural and flattering. While the eyeshadows aren't my style - they're muted bland colours IMHO and I prefer funky colours - the texture is really nice. The champagne coloured one is really nice though. And as for the BRUSH, it's just nice for applying a wash of e/s. Too bad it didn't come with a powder brush & lipbrush :P