Cat Cosmetics Six Kitten Palette

4.5

I so wanted to like this palette, but was very dissapointed. The quality of the compact itself is excellent, and the concept is very clever - each well is refillable. However, I did not care for the products inside. As others on this board have said, the colors/textures of the l/g's are strange, and the bronzer is waaay too shimmery. The blushes/eyeshadows are nice but unremarkable, and I feel I get better results from Nars or BB. I ended up swapping this one away.

LOVE IT!! I get so many compliments when i wear this makeup. I threw out all my other colors and only wear cat cosmetics now. Its so easy to pull out one compact with everything you need. Your done in 5 mins.LOVES IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Excellent quality of the product. However, this entire kit is made for someone with obvious warm undertones. PPP, stay FAR away. The colors make you look tired- dead like. Nothing was flattering. Obvious frost in the gloss, gold flecks in blush and bronzer; sad as the colors are nice but all the gold and frost ruins it.

The six kitten did not work for me since my skintone has whitened to PPP NC15. The bronzer was much to orangey for me & the whiskers blush washed me out, probably because of how pale I am I need a little deeper color to bring out my face. The Eartha Cat turned peachy orange on me, again PPP & the Taupe looked muddy & the black drab, no shimmer or nothing. As for the lipglosses, too frosty & red. I can see this palette looking stunning on LLL & deeper, it just didn't work for me, sigh. For those that say the eyeshadow flecks get into the lipgloss the trick is to blow the excess away before you put the compact away, it should do the trick.

I really, really enjoy this palette. I often wear mineral make-up, but I like to have a less messy, quicker alternative for mornings when I oversleep or want a simple, polished face. I originally bought the six kitten assuming that it was small enough that I could take it to the gym. It is, and I do, but I find myself reaching for it at least four mornings a week in addition to gym time. The colors are neutral, but give life and polish to my face. The inclusion of the black shadow means that I can give myself a very sultry, smoky eye if I want. The bronzer is very flattering - not at all orange, and not dirty looking. The quality of the products is high, and they wear very well. I was a bit leery of the glosses after reading some reviews here, but I'm surprised by how much I like them. You can cool down a color with the pale pink (cat) or warm it up with the gold (mouse), and mixing all three gives a rich, dimensional bronzy-red color that wears much longer than a normal lip gloss. While I do get a bit of powder in the gloss, the wells are removable, so I plan to replace them with more shadows. This month (Feb. 2007)all refills are on sale with Cat's monthly meow, so it's a fine time to customize!

For reference, I am fairly pale (MAC NW 20, Laura Mercier Warm Ivory, BE Fairly Light) with green eyes and dark brown hair.

Way to go, Cat!

I've had this for quite awhile and it's very versatile. You can use the shadows in many different combinations, and the blush is a great universal color. It is extremely convenient for travelling, also. Cat's makeup quality is superb, I have tons of it, as well as all the brushes.

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

I FINALLY ordered a Six Kitten Palette - and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! I was concerned about some of the shades with my light/medium olive skin, but the powders are soooo well-pigmented and they are all LOVELY. First let me say that, with the "LOVE" promotion and 30% discount, the Six Kitten sells for $42; an EXCELLENT PRICE for 4 eye shadows, 1 blusher, 1 bronzer, 3 lipglosses, and a beautiful, solid and sturdy 6-well reuseable palette with a full mirror and dual-ended brush. The quality of the products is SUPERB! The powders are silky-smooth, super-blendable and again, very pigmented. Whiskers Blush IS the perfect blusher shade! Think Milani's Luminous Blush with a fraction of the shimmer and more color in its place....just so lovely and softly brightening on the skin, pinky-peach and feminine! The bronzer is great, very natural looking. Both have a very delicate shimmer - you can see it in a magnifying mirror, but to the naked eye your skin just looks glowy. The eye shadows are GREAT; Eartha Cat Duo has a lovely shimmery shade (this I need to use wet to really show on my skin, but when I do it is so pretty) and a matte that is GREAT for my hooded eyes; I use it from crease to browbone. Catastrophic Duo has a PERFECT grey-brown with very subtle shimmer that is a completely neutral crease/contour shade! And the matte black is useful beyond words, to blend into the crease and V at outer corners, to wet line, fill brows, etc. These eye shadows are the best I've ever used, and last ALL DAY with no creasing; I do use an e/s base but all my other shadows have a teeny oil crease at the end of the day...NOT THESE. All so naturally flattering on my brown eyes! And now, the controversial GLOSSES. Roar is STUNNING! On my pale lips, it's a gorgeous rose-coral glow!!! It has minute gold shimmer and wears like a lipstick; it leaves a nice stain on the lips. I use the gold and pink glosses as accents - not full-lip coverage - and they are perfect for highlighting the lips and adding fullness. I don't find them too frosty at all. Having read the other Reviews here stating that the glosses collect powder from the palette, I went ahead and ordered a 3-well palette and a Black Cherry gloss, so that I could put all 4 glosses (one is a double) in one smaller case for my purse - FAB, black, solid, with mirror. Then I got Cat Fight eye shadow duo and Peepers (perfect soft blue iridescent shadow) to replace the glosses in my Six Kitten. I am hoping they (Cat Cosmetics) will soon sell an 8-well palette; I plan on buying a couple more eye shadows if they do, including Frisky for a highligher. Let me add that, when you purchase an empty palette, the price is reduced by $4.00 for EACH product pan you purchase to put into it, so it ultimately becomes FREE! And then the promotional discount is taken off the total price as well. HOW FUN!!! At the end of the day, when I look into the mirror, I look so bright and different and pretty! I'm SO happy with my purchases! Happy Valentine's Day to ME!!! FYI: Cat makes a Magnet Wand for removing and replacing pan eye shadows and blushers; BUY THIS!!! For your Cat palettes, MAC palettes, etc etc - the best $5 (or $3.50 on sale) you can spend!

I purchased this palete sometime back and I am still using it. I never get tired of the colors. The palete is expensive and that would be the only reason that I would not purchase again. The products inside are just wonderful. I haven't tried anything from this line that I didn't like.

I can't believe how much I use and like this palette. First off, I will admit that I do not use the lipglosses and the palette would easily get 5 lippies if they were not included. I can easily overlook this because they can easily be replaced with some of her other products. This is the palette I grab before heading out of town because it is so versatile. The bronzer is perfect even for my fair skin. It isn't orange nor too glittery. It has just the right amount of shimmer and just the right shade of brown to warm up even the palest winter skin. The blush is the prettiest shade of pink I have ever found. Now let's get to the eyes! Both of the eyeshadow duos are extremely versatile. The formula is long lasting and nevers cakes or travels to other areas of my face. Best of all they have just the right amount of shimmer to brighten the eye area. For an everyday eye look I use the pale shade from the Eartha Cat duo allover and then use the taupe from the Catastrophic duo in the crease. Finally I smudge the taupe along the lower lash line and top off my lashes with mascara. I am so pleased with the eyeshadows that I am planning on removing the lipglosses and replacing them with Tabby and perhaps Faux Paw.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This was one of the first palette type products I invested in. The colors were fine, nothing miraculous, but fine for everyday basic wear. My biggest issue, is the same with many palettes. Lip glosses don't belong in the same container as shadows, blushes, and bronzers. They all get mixed and gooed up together. I also agreed with one review that said, that perhaps instead of one of the bronzers, she could include another shadow, maybe a lighter brown or taupe.