Cat Cosmetics Six Kitten Palette

Filtered by age: 19-24

4.3

I must admit that I lemminged this, and I was somewhat disappointed. The eyeshadows and blush and bronzer are all standard and serviceable, but not very exciting. As for the lip glosses, everything you've read here is, unfortunately, completely accurate. Let's just say that the gold gloss only got used when a friend and I decided to go to a hippie-themed party as the "goddesses of clubbing." These glosses are just too opaque and frosty. I think Cat Hickland may have had her head in the 70s clouds when she thought up this palette. I can use the gold gloss as a highlighter over other lipsticks, but the bronze one is just unusable for me (I'm very pale, NC15).

Also, the included brush fell apart--the head came out of the handle. For this amount of money I would just go for a NARS palette.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i just got the six kitten, and it has very quickly become one of my all time favorite whole face palettes (i even prefer this over my many nars palettes). on days when i don't want to think about my makeup, i reach for this palette b/ the colors are all very easy to use for either a sophisticated natural or dramatic smokey look. there are 4 eyeshadow halves: a matte light nude, a shimmery light beige, a slightly shimmery medium taupe, and a matte black. there's also a slightly shimmery warm pink blush, a medium bronzer, a dark red-brown lipcolor, and 2 frosty glosses (a light pink and a light gold). the quality of these products are fantastic - very smooth and well pigmented with very little, if any, fragrance. the only reason i give this palette a 4 rating is b/ i don't particularly like the 2 glosses; they're too frosty for me (almost silvery/whitish looking when used by themselves). they can still look pretty good when mixed together or layered over other lipcolors but i would've preferred to have two less frosty, more natural looking glosses (eg. a less shimmery pink and a sheer beige). however, overall i still adore this palette for its versatility and quality. it really works to enhance your features, rather than draw attention to your makeup colors. the palette case is also very nice; it's sleek and sturdy with a big mirror and an included eyeshadow brush (pretty decent quality). i have light asian coloring but i think this set would work on anyone with light to medium warm or neutral coloring. this palette is definitely worth the price. cat cosmetics also has absolutely wonderful customer service, and i will definitely continue to try out their products. note: the wells in the palette fit prestige e/s pans perfectly (stila pans are a little smaller) so i will put in a favorite prestige e/s when i'm almost done with the glosses.

I got a good deal on this, I think it was about $40 plus a free brush. I love this palette. It is perfect for a business trip, but you can play w/ it for going out, although it doesn't have any "fun" colors.
The black shadow makes a fantastic eyeliner when used wet that really stays on. The purchase was worth it for me just because of that. The shadows stay on all day, don't crease at all. The blush and the bronzer are perfect for my nc25 skin! The lipstick is nice and you can change the shade using the glosses which ended up being more wearable than I would have initially guessed. That being said, the lippies are my least favorite part of the set. The glosses are a little light and frosty, but you can mix them w/ something else. Overall this is a stellar palette. It would have been nice if it came w/ a lipbrush, but I can't complain. This was my first Cat purchase and it got me hooked!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got this for christmas and have been using it everyday. All items are of awesome quality and great pigmentation. I even love the lipglosses, esp. roar. I don't think the fragrance is overpowering at all. Cat and mouse are a bit much by themselves, but over roar they look great!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

LOOOOOOOOOVED this! i have dark hair, dark eyes and light skinned...and this palette made me look great! not to be conceited or anything but i really liked how it made me look. gives you the natural look...and even drama if you want to intensify it. now if only it wasn't so expensive! $60!!! but luckily the refills are alot cheaper. great bronzer and blush...really pretty. only i use the bronzer and blush together. bronzer as a contour and it looks really pretty. the eyeshadows are pretty basic colors but if you do it right it looks amazing on you. but i have to say the kitten kit would probably suit light skinned ladies...if you're dark skinned you have to go w/ the cat kit! they're basically the same except cat kit has a few extra things. great product. all i ask is to please lower the price!

I find myself reaching for this neutral, wearable kit frequently. The bronzer and blush are nice and wear well. The lip glosses are ok...the red and pink have a lot of pigment and take some adjusting before they look nice on me. I think the star of the kit is really the eye shadows. I love how they go from a neutral, pulled together office look, to a glam look quite easily. The packaging is cute and the full size mirror is nice for touch ups. The shadows blend easily and wear well.

The Six Kitten's best quality is also one of its downfalls- it is filled with fairly versatile colors, but I certainly wouldn't wouldn't call them unique. At the same time, the colors are so neutral that I could take this anywhere and make it work (within reason).

The kit includes a fabulous Whiskers blush, which is a soft, pinky nude, and the Catalicious bronzer, which can impart a lovely glow if used with a light hand. This could appear orangey on some complexions.

The shadows are all nicely pigmented, and so I guess my real complaint (and the deduction of a lipstick) comes with the glosses. They have a plasticy-berry scent to them, don't wear well at all, and two of the three shades just don't work with the other colors in the palette. Roar is a very pretty reddish-berry that would compliment even the fairest complexion. The other two glosses, Cat and Mouse, are so heavily frosted and dated looking that they truly are a waste of space. The should replace these with a nice wearable mauve and nude shade- it would make this a far more versatile palette. Cat and Mouse are a very frosty gold and a very frosty pale pink. They work if mixed with Roar, but not on their own. They totally don't make sense when paired with the very flattering and neutral shadows. This is a great palette though for travelers otherwise, plus it comes with a very informative instruction booklet.
continued >>

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Simply Fabulous. I can't see the shades not working for someone. The lipglosses are my favorite part. Sooo pretty and shiny. I usually don't like bronzers, but this one gives you such a healthy glow. And the pink shimmery blush is great. The eyeshadows are really good, not great but really good. and you can do soo many looks with this palette. I really like how Cat gives you a manual for doing different types of looks! Cat really knows what she's doing.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Huge RAVE! This palette rocks! It has everything you need for a full face. The colors are very neutral but not boring. I feel like I got huge portions of product for the money. The case itself is identical to the Stila 6-pan and the shadows/blushes/glosses inside are the same size as Stila's shadow pans. I can honestly say that if I were traveling, I could take this and no other makeup. Everything you need is right there for you. The little brochure that comes with it rules too- it is chock full of ways to mix and match colors so you get the most out of your Six-Kitten :-)

I don't understand all the hype about this palette. It is so very average and the product does not justify the high price. I'm not a fan of this at all.