La Mer Creme de la Mer The Moisturizing Creme

Filtered by skin tone : Dark

3.4

Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Lime Extract, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesame Seed Oil, Ecalyptus Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesame Seed, Alfalfa Seed Powder, Sunflower Seedcake, Sweet Almond Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Glyconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Paraffin, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Beta-Carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance (Parfum)

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love this product, but the packaging to it makes it look like you got it from some kind of grocery store or corner store, but it works, I have really, really dry skin and i still need a serum to put on under this, I wouldnt get this product unless you have really dry skin, i think it would be too much for someone who has oily or somewhat dry skin, it might clog your pores, but for my skin type it works

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Produce a normal cream and slap an incredibly high price on it plus give it a captivating backstory. That's La Mer for you. They haven't even bothered to put it in a nice jar. This did nothing a drugstore moisturizer (like the classic Ponds cold cream) couldn't do and even the fragrance was cheap and ordinary.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

La No. I tried this in my late twenties and now that I've entered my forties. Same effect now as then. Greasy, dehydrated skin with an overall feeling of irritation. If you don't have particularly dry or sensitive skin, this may work well for your skin. Just didn't do it for me.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

It's 2011. I bought my first jar of La Mer in NYC at Saks Fifth Ave in 1999. Back then the 1 oz was $105 incl tax. I suffered from terrible scarring from acne. This creme was my last straw before going to visit a dermatologist. It works. It heals. It nourishes. For the folks who don't like it - I'd have to ask what you're looking for in the product. It's not going to help acne; only the scarring. It's a great moisturizer but there are cheaper ones that will moisturize. It heals the skin. Period. I used Aveda's Exfoliating Toner back then as my exfoliant. But now I've moved on to PCA toners. Now I live in Los Angeles and I've found though it's a thick cream- it doesn't provide enough of a humectant; it's not the product, it's the moisture levels in the air. But it still heals scarring. I ALWAYS ALWAYS keep a jar in my beauty collection. I am for the first time ever; I'm going to try the lotion instead of the cream. Estee Lauder bought La Mer in the 90's but only just now extended the product line about 2008 or so. I'm not well versed on the extended line except for a few products: love the cleansing milk (but that's not a new product), the eye creme did nothing for me (Ole Henricksen is just fine), the serum is good but too pricey for my blood. Back in 1999, it took 6 months and (2)1 oz jars for my skin to fully heal from scarring; but God my skin was perfect. There is more humidity in NY so I had the benefit of the moisture. And I was dewy and clear skinned. California is killing me on the moisture levels; I mean, how much stuff can you slap on your face before you clog your pores?

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Ok...I know that this stuff is very expensive, but it is worth it. If you have dry skin or mature skin and need hydration this stuff is wonderful. I don't have either but I still use it regularly. I use the cream in the winter due to its heavy consistency and I use the lotion in the summer. A little bit goes a long way and you will be surprised at how long it lasts. I've been using it for years. I also carry it in my kit and will use it on clients whose skin is terribly dry. Try it before purchasing but I will tell you, if you care about the condition of your face, you will fall in love.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Although this is too oily for my skin I love it for underneath my eyes. I used to have very noticeable bumps under my eyes and, after using this everyday for one year, the bumps are barely noticeable. So I will continue to purchase for underneath my eyes. One 1 oz jar lasted me one year and for 3 months out of the year, I used it twice a day on my entire face. So I'm figuring my next jar will last for well over a year.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Now i can understand everyones review of this expensive cream, simply bc it is heavy so being that im oily there isno way i will ever try to use this as a face cream but for my skin after i step out the shower after i have scrubbed down with caress's evenly gorgeous body wash, my skin feels very supple and smooth. Its a ritual basically for me especially since after i had my son my skin needed extra tlc. I don't use this as a face cream to the contrary, but as a body creme, plus it's just my preference. There are alot cheaper moisturizers like dove's cream oil which is a favorite for me when it comes to drugstore and curel which i use on my son, palmers is good to, but i do like to splurge sometimes and this one was a good investment, just please do not apply to your face before makeup bc this is way to heavy imo for that, u will be glistening and not in a good way. As a nighttime moisturizer, yes if you don't have sensitive skin bc u will probably break out, since its so emollient.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

While I do not believe that there is any miracle in this cream it is definately on of the best moisturizers on the market. I do not believe that the price is justified but if one has a bit of money to burn and is looking for a luxury cream which will produce visible effects this this is the cream.

I purchased this cream over one month ago in the 1 oz size and have used it religiously day and night. Definately this goes on my will continue to buy list. My skin reacts very quickly and violently to skincare with irritating ingredients and with CDLM I had no side effects. This cream left behind very soft, smooth and well nourished skin. I also love this fragrance which is quite calming. I am not able to report on wrinkle reduction as I do not have lines with the exception of a few under the eye area.

NOTE: I use this cream under and around the eye area and there was no irritating effect and it worked superbely. For those out there who are wanting to purchase CDLM, it is not necessary to purchase the eye cream. The normal moisturizer can be doubled as an eye cream.

As a result of the positive experience with this cream, I will purchase the Sun Cream and definately give the make up a go. The moisturizer as stated above I will continue to buy. This time in a large size.

But Why is there such a big difference in price between Europe and the US??? We pay more.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I waited a full month of use before writing a review. Here goes: I've had acne since I was 13 (I'm now 24) not just a couple of pimples, but enough to effect social outings, self esteem etc... I bought Creme de la mer, not because of all the celebrity hype or the "miracle in a jar", but because my skin was DRY from all the years of acne medication. I've tried every moisturizer (cheap and expensive) and I decided to give this a try. I was
scared because I had read reviews here about the creme breaking people out. Anyway, I bought it and used it that night. The next morning I got that glow everyone talks about. But most importantly, the zits I had on my
face had dried up. I thought it was just a coincidence. But thirty days later my skin is CLEAR. Seriously I haven't seen my skin like this since I was 13. I don't think they advertise this as an acne medication so I can't
explain why it works the way it does. I use this morning and night. For the people who say it's too heavy, you have to use a LITTLE. I rub it in the palm of my hands until it gets really really warm and pat onto my face. Yes it's expensive, but to be able to go out in public and not feel that everyone is staring at my acne is priceless.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Nice moisturizer but not worth the money. All it did was impress my friends. Did nothing more that any drugstore lotion wouldn't do and the smell made me sneeze a lot. I think this works really well for some, and not at all for others.