La Mer Creme de la Mer The Moisturizing Creme

Filtered by skin tone : Olive

3.6

Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Lime Extract, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesame Seed Oil, Ecalyptus Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesame Seed, Alfalfa Seed Powder, Sunflower Seedcake, Sweet Almond Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Glyconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Paraffin, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Beta-Carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance (Parfum)

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Received this product as a gift from my husband. Reminds me of diaper rash cream. No reason in the world to spend your hard earned money on a cream with no scientific proof that it can do anything for your skin.

this is my absolute favourite skin care range by far i first tried it about four years ago after having mhy second child my skin had become very patchy and pigmentation damage was really bad i had tried so many products but this was the best i have ever used it is very expensive but i think it is the best skincare range in the world honestly when u apply it to your face it feeds your skin it made me glow like unbeliveable this is the most beautiful product i have ever used i can not say enough about this range the masks are beautiful any of these la mer products i would score 100 percent hands down your skin just glows and feels unbeliveable after trying i first brought my cream from smith and caugheys or from duty free but now can see i can purchase thru you so i cant wait to buy.it is very expensive one of the most dearest products i have ever purchased but so worth it it smells glorious as well as u rub it on your face it just melts into your skin the felling i get off it is just amazing and the results are even more amazing

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Best skincare treatment / creme and worth every single penny. If you have not used this creme, soft creme, gel, lotion, oil absorbing lotion, or matte lotion for six months you have not experienced any of the true benefits of La Mer. I would bathe in Creme de La Mer if I could afford such luxury, but I will continue using a dime size amount three times per day (at minimum). Sorry, but some skincare treatments are slightly costly and provide impeccable overall radiance, healthy skin, and long-term positive results. If all an individual can state is that La Mer is “too expensive” then you are only looking at one aspect of the Creme. Just look into research by La Mer / Estée Lauder that explains and describes topical benefits.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Way way way too expensive for what it does.I will never get over the money I spent on this.And I did that test with Nivea blue tin cream (which is a dupe for this),and it works better in my opinion.

Definitely not worth the price..... It has a nice smell and it not horrible, but I honestly believe you could buy something that works better at the local drugstore. Also, it's INCREDIBLY thick and heavy. It sits on top of your skin forever. Has a waxy feel to it.
It'd probably be best suited to use during the Winter for extremely dry skin.
The price is the reason I could never recommend this to anyone. This feels like $10-20 jar of creme for $100.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

So so glad I bought it! A pricey gamble, and I was hesitant because of all the very negative reviews. But even after the first application, my dry skin soaked it up and my face was only slightly tacky. My skin looked dewy, didn't feel tight anymore but felt soft instead. This is my third day and I can see slight improvement without the cream on my face. Skin is less crepey, less wrinkly, but lines are still there. I'll update this later.

One month later, using it only at night, I find my skin smooth, glowing, and lines less noticeable. In fact, the "11" lines have almost disappeared. Once my Thalgo is finished, I'm going to use it twice a day. I love it so much that I just bought the Eye Concentrate hoping for the same miracle.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is by far the best moisturiser I've used. I have no bumps on my skin. My skin looks healthy and rejuvenated. I received compliment that I look much younger than my little brother and sister. So happy with the purchase. But what I don't understand is that people who list the ingredients found out that it is bad and not dated. I have tried so many up to date products eg. Lancome Visionnaire, Clinique Turnaround( recommended the best by Paula Begoun) Kiehl's & etc. But none came close to recovering my acne prone with scar skin as Creme De LaMer. Already bought the 60ml. Soo Happy to find my HG product.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have normal to combination skin, I found this cream way too heavy for me. I warmed it between my fingers for application, but my skin felt coated and it made my pores look worse. Also i found it slightly irritating, my skin was left blotchy and red in areas after use. Its stupidly expensive for a cream which i consider no better than any drugstore brand. I would highly recommend getting a sample to try first!

After trial and error with tons of moisturizers I finally decided to give this highly recognized and scrutinized Cream De La Mer a try. First impression (one 2 oz. jar, 8 weeks) This cream is highly moisturizing. My skin appears thicker and more supple. No breakouts or redness. Application is a bit tedious, I found its important to warm up my fingers before emulsifying the dime size amount of cream. I have issues with texture therefor thicker creams help minimize flaws. Ive noticed an overall healthier complexion and less need for makeup and or treatments. be careful not to over use, less is better with this one. I honestly havent found any cream to compare or that does as much as this. My skin does look better, feels better and I feel more confident because of it. The closes comparison to this is Chantecaille Nano Gold Energizing Cream. I also found that to be very effective, yet pricy and it leaves a slight greasy finish. I hope this helps, I know how annoying trail and error can be.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've been using the creme for several years. I have dry-ish, acne prone skin (it is a little oily during my period). I started using CdLM in my mid-20's, and it made me break out occasionally. Now, I am not in my 20's, and I found that the older I get, the more I like the creme, because it is so moisturizing. I typically use this only at night, but occasionally (often in the winter) use this both night and day. The creme helps calm my skin, and even my skin tone. I wake up to refreshed, dewey skin! My friends often comment on how nice my skin looks!

The packaging is OK. It is a luxurious porcelain jar with a porcelain spatula. I really like the packaging. HOWEVER, apparently it is better for everything to come in a tube or pump, so there's that. If the ingredients really do become unstable because of packaging, then I guess the current packaging is a problem. It is pretty though :)

I know there are a lot of negative comments, and maybe the ingredients aren't rare, and maybe it doesn't work miracles, but it is does work well, better than most moisturizers I've tried (and I've tried a lot). Anyway, it is pricey, and definitely NOT worth it if it means that you go without food. But, if it the price won't cause hardship, I think it is a nice cream.

UPDATE 12/13/14:

I still love this as my night moisturizer. I get compliments on my skin when I am using the cream (I use it at night). I do not repurchase when money is tight, and I can tell a difference in my skin because of it.