La Mer Creme de la Mer The Moisturizing Creme

Filtered by eye Color : Blue

3.4

Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Lime Extract, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesame Seed Oil, Ecalyptus Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesame Seed, Alfalfa Seed Powder, Sunflower Seedcake, Sweet Almond Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Glyconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Paraffin, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Beta-Carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance (Parfum)

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I really contribute this to being the saviour of my skin woes..It is now HG status for me!

I have had dehydrated, clog prone and generally just nightmare skin for as long as I can remember (28 now) ..... I use retinol 3 times a week and this morning and night inbetween. I know people claim it is bogus and nivea works just as well, but iI have tried SO MANY moisturisers, serums , etc and nothing has given me results like this. I don't need to know why it works, I'm just absolutely relieved and over the moon to have found something that works for my complexion. It is even toned, plump, smooth and no longer a constant thing I obsess over.

It is pricey but I have paid just as much if not more for a lot more 'sciencey' products, anyways a lot of skincare now is big bucks. I use a tiny amount of this after I tone (with pixi rose glow toner) and then warm this between my fingers and press into skin.

I just love it.

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

This product is crazy expensive, I hoped it would help my break out prone skin but it actually caused some congestion. I then investigated how to apply it and now I apply a teeny tiny dash of creme to avoid break outs. I do like the smell and the packaging of the product but I found the consistancy to be really thick (even when you warm it between your fingertips). I think this is a dream for people with dry skin and do definately see why people would splurge on this, however this is not for people with really oily skin.

I have high standards and I am skeptical generally when it comes to products. Sometimes a product will shock me and will work without knowing why. Then I will make it my mission to find out why. This cream is expensive. It is also very thick. I find myself trying out other cremes because of the price and and general curious nature but always end up back at this one. The last time I did after a few months, my skin dropped 10 years in a couple weeks. I have tried everything from Sisley rich cream to the Nivea that is supposed to be a dupe for this. So the mission to find out why this works had me sharpening my reasoning skills. Online there are numerous reviews that specify the unimpressive ingredient list. Algae is not hard to come by in skincare after all. But do identical ingredient lists make identical products? No, the quality of the ingredients, fermentation process etc can vary greatly as it does with this product. The process was the "mystical secret" (eye roll at the marketing story) but there is something special about both the specific type of algae and the process which actually employs light and sound. Although it is not understood why that works, it does. Samples not created the same way by Huber and Estee Lauder did not produce equal effectiveness. At any rate, I do not think the high price and exclusivity factor are warranted but it does work wonders for me that have not been surpassed so I am going to keep using it. I am also a fan of the soft cream for day as my skin is combination. I am a Retin A user though so the full on cream is A+ For overnight. Personally, the cream actually works better with my Retin A. This cream is not for all skins. It works for some people and not for others. Skin type, genetics, climate, hormones, age etc can all be factors. The transformation in my skin is real though. If your skin does well with this product, just try going a couple of months without it and pick it up again. Take some before and after pics.

I don't think people are reviewing the right product. This stuff does not have a 3 digit price tag. It has a FOUR DIGIT PRICE TAG ($2,200 A JAR).

I was skeptical, but this stuff truly is a MIRACLE CREAM. I am acne prone, but have no acne thanks to my medications. Dryness, gone. It made my skin buttery soft, like velvet. Redness, gone. My face looks like it is in constant candle light. It's TIGHTER & FIRMER, & at my age I'm already tight & firm. Didn't break me out. Healed a small cut I had over my eye in just 2 days! My foundation that used to pick up dry patches goes on like silk, there are no dry patches. My skin is paler because it's so much more calm & soothed. I don't know if it's the algae or what - but the hype is real.

If you don't want to buy it, maybe do what I did. I bought a bunch of clothes from Neiman's, then asked the sale girl for a sample. After seeing how much I spent in the store, she opened a jar & gave me a sample. Remarkable stuff. I WILL go back & buy this, I don't care what the cost. I will store it in my freezer like they say to do, & it will last me a couple of years, you only need a dab! Incredible...just WOW.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The way this product was hyped up, I was expecting it to be nothing short of magical and was truly curious to see if it lived up to the reviews I had read about. I have been using this product for about 2 weeks so far and have not noticed a major difference or improvement (wrinkles/lines on face appearing less noticeable, skin feeling more hydrated and fresher, etc.).
Bottom line: It's kind of like the Disneyworld of facial products; you have give it a go and experience it at least once to know what all of the hype is about. I suspect you may find Disney more gratifying than this creme. ;)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I had been considering to buy this cream for like 10 years, because of the price point. Don't get me wrong - I do not think that cosmetics are the best area for saving money, but this much for a jar of "nivea-like" cream is insanity for me.

I am in my late thirties as so far my skin was not perfect - but ok. Oily with some blackheads, but with no mimic lines or crow's feet, so I was happy. However at some moment in the past my skin wasn't feel very well, so I though I will give la mer a shot (I have got much more expensive mistakes in my life, so why to bother). Moreover I started noticing some fine lines appearing (I guess due to dehydration and some aggressive glycolic treatments I was having). My skin was prone to adult acne and redness. And of course oily, oily, oily.

This cream works and the Nivea is not even close to it if it comes to performance and effects. I know - that ingredients list is similar, but not the same.
I used a tiny amount twice a day (first warmed and rubbed between my hands) and saw skin transformation in less than a couple of days. Plumped, glowy and healthy skin - believe me or not, but even my husband noticed the difference.
I am extremely prone to acne and clogged pores, but nothing like that happened (maybe some occasional pimples in the first week, but I cannot say if this was a 100% CDLM fault). And my skin is not as oily as previously, which is a good thing.
I used it on my face, neck, decollete and as an eye cream.
Works well with my foundation, but avoid putting too much under eyes or on upper eyelids - you make up will melt.

The only cons I can see now are: (1) price; (2) the jar - very elegant, luxury, but I have dropped the litter so many times and it's a real miracle, that it hadn't been broken...

I am not sure whether I will buy another jar or rather try something from Dr Sebagh's range, which is not as expensive but is told to be really effective.

I got the CDLM in dec last year and still have a dose for at least two months, so I think 2 jars all what you need for the whole year.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After reading all the articles, reviews, and “myths” of this cult classic, I became obsessed with trying this product. I don’t have a La Mer counter near me, so I decided I would wait to get a sample. So around the time I was going to visit Dallas for the holidays, I got a voucher for a free sample of The Soft Cream, which was just launching at the time. I was so excited. I’m fairly young with combination skin, so the Soft Cream seemed like an even better match! Cut to putting the Soft Cream on - my skin was instantly was irritated, and had two cysts within 24 hours. I was disappointed that this “miracle” product messed with my skin so badly, but relieved I wasn’t hooked.
But still, I kept reading raves about the face saving qualities of Creme de La Mer. So when I was in Saks with my grandmother, I decided to not give up and asked for samples of the original La Mer. I’m so glad I did!
Before I go any further, I will say I use this product in a weird way. I know that this product is known as being extremely heavy and intensely moisturizing. But my skin seems to crave more moisture after application. So I use this like a serum, and apply a good dollop of Night of Olay’s Firming Cream (ironic to apply a $6 cream on top of the $100 La Mer.)
I wake up with the calmest, moisturized, glowy skin. Anytime my skin is freaking out or is in need of intense moisture/repair, I was my face with Aveeno Calming Foam Cleanser, press/pat La Mer in my skin, and then smear Night of Olay all over, and I wake up with my skin okay again.
I will say that I hate the packaging with a passion. Even though all my favorite moisturizers come in jars, I hate them. I think the logo is unappealing, the plastic almost comes off as cheap, and I find the whole thing bland. I would personally think that a cream that has the status, reputation, and price tags it does, the company would have more appealing packaging. But I guess that would rise the already high price tag, and also “if it ain’t broke, don’t try to fix it.”
Now, to address the German Nivea business. After discovering Makeupalley and reading reviews of Creme de La Mer, I heard about the “similarities” of German Nivea and Creme de La Mer. So when I saw I could get German Nivea through Amazon Prime, I pounced.
Many disagree, but I get the same/similar results from German Nivea (not the kind from Mexico - breakout city) that I do from Creme de La Mer. There are differences in scent, texture, and absorption, but I have not found any differences in the moisture and calming effects between the two creams. I use the German Nivea the same as La Mer (under Night of Olay). So, obviously, I use Nivea as a permanent alternative to La Mer, due to price. That said, I always keep a sample of La Mer in the back of one of my vanity drawers. They are THE MOST moisturizing creams I’ve tried. No other serum, lotion, cream, oil, balm, etc. has ever delivered the amount of hydration and moisture these two creams do.
So overall:
First - get a sample. Unless you don’t have much of budget, this cream is an investment.
Second - if you like the sample, give German Nivea a try. The price difference is worth it.
Results: A
Price: D+
Packaging: F
Overall: C+

Really loved the result - however the price was so high!.
I think there might be cheaper good alternatives :) suggestions welcomed.

But overall this did help with some small lines on my face ! so overall would buy it again.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love, love, love this!!

I am 55 with older, very sensitive skin.

I bought this many years ago and wanted to love it.. unfortunately I had no idea how to use it properly so just warmed it a bit on my fingers and applied it to my face - eek!!! It was so heavy and hard to blend and for the price realised it would not go far. It did not please me though. It was far too thick and heavy and made my face feel yuk.

I tried it over and over and over again and used about half a jar In the week - at $200 for a small jar it was freaking me out.

I am a smotherer, I love to moisturise my skin but this stuff was not making me happy. So I decided to go onto YouTube and watched a few clips about how to apply it properly and that completely changed my use of it - and I fell in love!

You only need a teeny bit and you must, must, must emulsify the product properly. Take a tiny bit and put it on your palm, then place your hands together and when the creme is warmed start to emulsify by rubbing it quickly within your palms till the creme is clear and hot!

Then press it to your face and the magic will happen 💖💖💖💖

My pores are minimal, my skin is sooooo hydrated and i have no redness, no patchiness or pigmentation issues and this really reduces wrinkles .....I get asked by everyone (even when I am not in makeup) "what do you use on face? your skin is amazing"

I am 55 and my skin is drying as I get older, especially in the heat of Australia sun, this is the best moisturiser I have ever put on my skin.. my holy grail as they call it.

I buy the 60ml / 2oz jar from La mer Australia online or David Jones in Perth, for $450.00 and it lasts me about 5 months. (I use it alongside the La Mer Renewal Oil and The Regenerating Serum, and The Eye Balm Intense or The Eye Concentrate. I also cleanse with Le Mer Cleasing Micellar Water which is also great for removing makeup.

Smell - lovely, reminds me of when I was little and my mum used to wear Nivea. (Others hate this aspect, I find it comforting)

Packaging - the classic La Mer jar, a nice white china jar that sits snuggly in the box base with the spatula neatly tucked underneath.

I will use this forever 💖💖. (I stopped using it once as a friend asked me to try her Mary Kay Timewise. It was nice but did nothing for my skin just FYI 😃😃)

I purchased a small 7ml sample pot of this to try. I found this to be a very nice cream for dry skin, its a little bit greasy so I used it as a night cream. I have to admit for the price tag, I expected something extraordinary from this product. However it is just a good basic moisturiser, nothing special. The only reason this cream is so expensive is down to some excellent marketing hype, I would advise you to save your money and buy a tube of Cetaphil Cream which does just as good a job as this!