La Mer Creme de la Mer The Moisturizing Creme

Filtered by hair type : Kinky

2.6

Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Lime Extract, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesame Seed Oil, Ecalyptus Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesame Seed, Alfalfa Seed Powder, Sunflower Seedcake, Sweet Almond Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Glyconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Paraffin, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Beta-Carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance (Parfum)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I was expecting incredible results after paying through my a** for this product... it's nice, but not nice enough to repurchase and did not produce any amazing results.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

The original "intensive regeneration" creme from La Mer is their richest moisturiser and is definitely best for dry skin otherwise you face a very real risk of clogging, breakouts and blackheads!! It is VERY VERY rich, thick and heavy cream that will not sink into skin and leave a matte finish - rather, it provides a "dewey" finish to the driest skins or greasy to anyone else (myself included). I have normal/combi skin and hate it because it feels so heavy and greasy on and breaks me out with almost immediate effect! Now I am more educated and knowledgeable about skincare and know about things like AHA/BHA exfoliation, peels, antioxidants, vitamin c, hyaluronic acid etc. which I know now to be the most effective products rather than a so called "miracle cream". I suppose the description on the box of "creme regeneration intense" is somewhat true. It is so thick and rich that it has recently been able to repair my winter-chapped hands that felt as rough as sandpaper, which was caused by windy -17 degrees Celsius weather on a skiing holiday. Then again, I believe boring old Aquaphor could have done the same. Good points are that this cream could probably give even the driest skins a J-Lo glow (this is also her moisturiser of choice apparently). BUT I am sure that it really is too rich and oily to use on normal-combination skin or even neck and decolletage (gave me spots on those areas which never, ever happens). Even when I last tried to use it on my parched, dehydrated face after a long-haul flight, it still clogged my pores and caused congestion and small bumps after only 1 day! But maybe if your skin is naturally very dry or dehydrated OR because you are a heavy smoker/work in heavily air-conditioned/extreme cold or windy environments and your skin becomes dehydrated for whatever reason, you may love this ultra-rich cream formula. I have met a makeup artist in her 20s who uses it and her skin looks dewy and glowy but she told me that her skin is VERY dry. The only time I have been able to use it with success was in sub-zero temperatures on a trip to Russia and it kept my skin dewy, glowy and very soft to the touch whereas with no moisturizer it would have become rough and flaky in those extreme conditions. If you are reading this because you are considering buying this as you believe it will indeed be an expensive miracle product please do not do so unless your main skin concern is extreme dryness/dehydration and even then it should still be part of a great skin regime, you should not just assume that this so called miracle broth could be the answer to a variety of concerns. After all it does not even include SPF for the price and sun-damage is one of the main causes of skin ageing!!! Plus as others have noted - it is in a tub which can cause ingredients to become unstable when exposed to air (also unsanitary) and contains cheap, basic ingredients such as mineral oil. SPF protection and effective but gentle exfoliation (DON'T over do it) are the real secrets behind beautiful complexions; chemical rate than physical (although muslin cloths OK just avoid harsh grains) so using glycolic, lactic, salicylic acid for example. Also a vitamin C (antioxidant) serum is an amazing product to include in any skin-routine because prevention is always better than cure! So there, that is my advice and my personal opinion about the famous creme de la mer!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Skintype: VERY DSPW

This is my HG moisturier. I've been using it non-stop for almost 10 years. I have always had very dry skin, I used to have to moisturise morning and night when I was in Primary School! These days I have multiple chronic illnesses that make it even dryer. Add to that I'm rosacea prone and acne prone with occassional ezcema. This is the first product to moisturise sufficiently and not break me out. I find it is extra fabulous after I have had IPL. Yes it is insanely expensive, so I try and buy it when it is available on Strawberrynet [stock is very intermittant].

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have been wanting to try La Mer for years after hearing all the raves about it, but i never attempt to try it because i am afraid i will fall in love with it... they arent exactly cheap.

anyway, as i aged, i find that my skin get drier and drier in winter time, so this year i finally decided i will give this a go, and went to their counter in hope to get a sample, well, i did and they also gave me a sample of the lotion and also the eye cream.

i must say, at that price tag, i expect to be an exceptional cream, but unfortunately it isnt, dont get me wrong, its a decent moisturiser, but to me it definately doesnt live up to the hype. I follow the instructions where i have to warm it up with my finger tips then pat on my skin, it feels okay, but i dont see it any different to my old trusty Lush Gorgeous moisturiser.

after two weeks of using it, i suspect its so rich that it start to clog my pores, i went back to my Lush and the bumps were gone. Then i tried their lotion, this is nicer and lighter, but not much difference in terms of effect compare with creme de la mer, apart from - thankfully- this one didnt break me out.

Their eye cream, is so rich that it started to give me millia, i promptly switch back to my trusty EL advanced night repair eye gel.

I am in a way glad to say none of their products work for me, so i dont have to worry about forking out so much to buy them.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I was initially very impressed with the La Mer products. However, after using them for two months, the amazing glow was gone. In it's place my skin was prone to breakouts and returned to its equally uncontrollable self. I've been using AVON's Pore-Fect series of products and they've been working amazingly! Check out my notepad for more info.