La Mer Creme de la Mer The Moisturizing Creme

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

3.4

Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Lime Extract, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesame Seed Oil, Ecalyptus Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesame Seed, Alfalfa Seed Powder, Sunflower Seedcake, Sweet Almond Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Glyconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Paraffin, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Beta-Carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance (Parfum)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I purchased this facial moisturizer in the 1 ounce tub for around $200 at Neiman Marcus. Needless to say after three days, it was sent back immediately.

First of all, I HATE it. Everything about it. I hate the label (very outdated), the packaging (a TUB) and most of all, the horrible acne it gave me.
It was much like putting an oil slick on my face. I have combination skin, usually dry on my cheeks, lips and forehead with an oily T zone. My entire face was full of painful acne. All of my pores were completely clogged. I travel to many different climates and I hated it everywhere.

It smelled awful like seaweed and made me look like I was constantly sweating. Forget putting foundation on top of this. In no way, shape or form is the price justified. I say, skip the fancy name and try something much more effective. The only "results" I experienced weren't classified as a miracle or the fountain of youth. Unless you wish for teenage acne.

Such a waste of money-- did NOTHING for my skin. Packaging is mediocre, texture while luxurious, I'm not sure if it actually did anything positive for my skin. I expected more for my combination skin, but unfortunately, it did absolutely nothing and is chock full of toxic ingredients including ALUMINUM. For the price, ingredient should really be better and the cream should work better, but this just felt greasy even after the most gentle application of the smallest amount after melting the cream on the back of my hand. Will not buy again.

This didn't have any impact/changes on my skin when I was in my 20s, or my current early 30s or even my aunt's 40s skin and mom's 50s skin. Almost everyone I know who have tried this product have not been happy with the result (there was no result) and I'm quite surprised at the rave reviews I read.

Here's the ingredients list if anyone's curious:

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Received this product as a gift from my husband. Reminds me of diaper rash cream. No reason in the world to spend your hard earned money on a cream with no scientific proof that it can do anything for your skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had to write a review of this. I tried this creme for the first time 10 years ago right here from a MUA swap. I hated it. I thought it had a weird consistency, didn't spread and felt like I was smearing toothpaste over my face. I was 10 years younger then, didn't read up on how to apply it and probably didn't really need it as much as I do now.

Recently I was searching for something to soften my fine lines and just get rid of the intense dryness I couldn't seem to get rid of no matter what I did. After reading about the product and the concept behind it, I decided to give it another try. I'm so glad I did!! After learning (and getting used to) warming the creme between my fingers and "pressing" not rubbing it into my skin, I have seen real results after 2 months. My skin does absolutely glow and I swear my lines are less noticeable. This was hard for me because I didn't want to believe the hype of something this expensive, I have used many different products, some that even cost more than this but nothing that has given me this kind of result that it actually noticeable in a short time.

I started with just 2 small 0.11oz pot samples that lasted me almost a month with 2x per day usage. At $170 and oz it averages around $23 per month and that's actually not too bad for the results I'm getting.

So, in a nutshell, my skin glows and I see my fine lines are less noticeable. My makeup goes on flawlessly and looks luminous and not dry and oxidized as the day goes on. The "experience" and the "ritual" of this creme really are just that for me. I look forward to washing my face at night and applying this creme. This is a big thing for a habitual "go bed with full makeup" offender such as myself. The scent is lovely, I do not mind the jar at all. I have a tons of disposable spatulas and I use a clean one every time. Since I have finally bit the bullet and purchased the 1oz from La Mer I find I have barely made a dent in it these last few weeks. I am addicted and glad I gave this another chance. I've had lots of compliments so something must be happening. I mostly use Deciem (The Ordinary / Hylamide / NIOD) and La Mer products exclusively now. They work very well together and give me results. If you used this product before and were underwhelmed, revisit it and see if anything has changed. Definitely worth the price for me.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love, love, love this!!

I am 55 with older, very sensitive skin.

I bought this many years ago and wanted to love it.. unfortunately I had no idea how to use it properly so just warmed it a bit on my fingers and applied it to my face - eek!!! It was so heavy and hard to blend and for the price realised it would not go far. It did not please me though. It was far too thick and heavy and made my face feel yuk.

I tried it over and over and over again and used about half a jar In the week - at $200 for a small jar it was freaking me out.

I am a smotherer, I love to moisturise my skin but this stuff was not making me happy. So I decided to go onto YouTube and watched a few clips about how to apply it properly and that completely changed my use of it - and I fell in love!

You only need a teeny bit and you must, must, must emulsify the product properly. Take a tiny bit and put it on your palm, then place your hands together and when the creme is warmed start to emulsify by rubbing it quickly within your palms till the creme is clear and hot!

Then press it to your face and the magic will happen 💖💖💖💖

My pores are minimal, my skin is sooooo hydrated and i have no redness, no patchiness or pigmentation issues and this really reduces wrinkles .....I get asked by everyone (even when I am not in makeup) "what do you use on face? your skin is amazing"

I am 55 and my skin is drying as I get older, especially in the heat of Australia sun, this is the best moisturiser I have ever put on my skin.. my holy grail as they call it.

I buy the 60ml / 2oz jar from La mer Australia online or David Jones in Perth, for $450.00 and it lasts me about 5 months. (I use it alongside the La Mer Renewal Oil and The Regenerating Serum, and The Eye Balm Intense or The Eye Concentrate. I also cleanse with Le Mer Cleasing Micellar Water which is also great for removing makeup.

Smell - lovely, reminds me of when I was little and my mum used to wear Nivea. (Others hate this aspect, I find it comforting)

Packaging - the classic La Mer jar, a nice white china jar that sits snuggly in the box base with the spatula neatly tucked underneath.

I will use this forever 💖💖. (I stopped using it once as a friend asked me to try her Mary Kay Timewise. It was nice but did nothing for my skin just FYI 😃😃)

THIS IS A MIRACLE! I'm 48 and have very picky, sensitive skin that is starting to show my age. This cream has saved me! It is gentle and incredibly moisturizing, and also makes the perfect eye cream. My skin feels amazing, looks better, my makeup looks wonderful....I can't say enough. I finally have my glow back! YES, I know this is expensive. but it is far less expensive than plastic surgery! I'll use this forever!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool

I'm in my 40s and I have ridiculously dry skin. I'm also constantly waging a battle with flakes and red, itchy skin in winter months when I'm using retinol. I got a huge sample and I tried this for about 3 weeks, but had to stop. Something in it (fragrance?) just irritated my skin. Nothing major, but my skin always itched a little too much with this stuff on. Also, I don't even think it hydrated that well and I often had to follow up with face oils and heavy-duty occlusive moisturizers. Honestly, I get better results from mixing rose hip oil, vitamin E and Trader Joe's Nourish face cream at a fraction of the cost.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I suffer from very dry skin and eczema and nothing keeps it at bay like Creme de la Mer products. This cream isn't for everyone--it is very rich and thick. However, if you have difficulties with dry or irritated skin, it is worth buying a small pot to see if it works for you.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Price is WAY TOO HIGH for a half ounce of cream! Unreal! The product works well and I used this for a long time but I have found better products at a better value lately. I still gave this a 4/5 stars because it is high quality but it isn't the best of the best by any means so I won't spend another 2-300 buying this.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I got a sample of this cream. It seemed to make my skin look good for a while but then drier than ever. It has alcohol as one of the ingredients, which probably is the reason. I also hated the scent of the LaMer.

Many of the ingredients match with Nivea (people have done theses on this!).
What I found out was that a combination of Nivea (blue tin creme) with sesame oil+almond oil, does wonders for the entire body and face. I do not use any other moisturizer, especially for winter. The combination of petrolatum (or castor oil) with oils works best. I mix the Nivea and the oils and whip them up lightly with a glass rod and store in a fancy jar. No more need for La Mer and no need for deadly alcohols and glycols to be in the cream.
Yawn...