La Mer Creme de la Mer The Moisturizing Creme

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily

3.3

Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Lime Extract, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesame Seed Oil, Ecalyptus Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesame Seed, Alfalfa Seed Powder, Sunflower Seedcake, Sweet Almond Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Glyconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Paraffin, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Beta-Carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance (Parfum)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have oily yet sensitive skin. I’m 48 and am still prone to break outs. I hate that I love this cream so much. When I use it, people notice. My skin looks supple and hydrated. Glowing. The smell is peculiar. I can’t lie. It reminds me of diaper cream which I find soothing and my daughters find comforting. But, it does smell like diaper cream. Like all the former reviewers though, you have to commit to using it properly. It feels like a waste to warm it up in your hands, but that’s the only way it works. It needs to feel almost like water when you pat it into your face. You need to warm it up in your palms so that it is warm. Feels like a waste of cream, but that’s the only way for it to work. Once it is warm between your palms, pat it into your skin. Your friends and colleagues will notice when you are using it. They all ask me what I have done!! And, it doesn’t break me out. I’ve been using it for two years, and I am extremely break out prone.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have tried every single brand possible. I have tried creme de la Mer many times, but always persuade myself to try other high end brands just out of curiosity, but nothing ever compares - I always end up coming back. I've been looking for the products that I will use for life, the ones I will consistently repurchase and creme de la Mer moisturising cream is one of them. I've spent years looking at the research, thousands of reviews and even scientific papers online to look into it all. The history of creme de la Mer is fantastic, (not the random, drawn out one on their website, but the history of where it genuinely all began) and I believe every single claim. It works. Nothing leaves my skin looking as immaculate as this moisturiser does, and I have finally realised that I cannot be without it. Yes it's expensive, yes you only need a small amount, and no it isn't going to last a year (like some people state). But it works. It moisturises, reduces pore size, reduces wrinkles, soothes and gives the skin an immaculate glow. It does indeed take a while to work (a few months), and then you won't believe the results. The original cream is the only one I'd spend my money on, as it's the only product that has truly come from the original batch. But all in all, it's worth the money, it works and I love it, so will constantly repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I frickin love this stuff! At first i thought it clogged my pores but thats when i realised i wasn't activating the cream properly.. I have to make sure my fingers are warm otherwise it wont work! So basically i warm this stuff between my fingers in a rubbing motion until its completely translucent and looks like its disappeared. I then press it into my skin and I'm left with hydrated glowing skin. This stuff is the bomb! Since using la mer I've noticed my skin is softer, redness is reduced and an overall even skin tone. If like me you thought this clogged your pores at first try and activate the cream with warm fingers until it is less thick and that might solve the problem! I use this mainly as a night cream as i have oily skin, although sometimes when my skin is feeling dry i will use this in the day and my face is left hydrated and dryness is treated upon contact! Amaaaazing stuff!

Edit - 28/04/2014 - just thought id update to say i no longer use la mer skincare! I was horrified to know that La Mer still use chemicals and preservatives and this contains mineral oil. In my quest to find all natural chemical free skin care i founded my love for dr hauschka! If you love the original Creme De La Mer like i did then you have to try the Dr Hauschka Rose Day cream which gives a similar finish to the original cream! I have noticed more results with the dr hauschka range in a month than in years using la mer! I am now a convert and no longer use a night cream and it has been a miracle for me my skin now is more balanced and now repairs itself at night rather than relying on thick heavy creams.

Edit 15/01/2015 - OK so Dr Hauschka Rose Day cream seemed to have stopped working for me and im back to using La Mer and I love this moisturiser! I feel like it hydrates my skin like no other and have definitely noticed it clears up my redness on my face and soothes it. Also have noticed a reduction in Break Outs. Im not really into hype and the whole Miracle Broth thing I now think does exist as I have definitely seen my skin improve. They key is to activate this correctly. You need warm hands in order to get the right consistency! This lasts a long time as you only need a small amount! Totally worth the price tag!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

My sister was insane and bought this product and got a little sample pot to boot; so she gave me that. Honestly: I can't believe what charlatans can get away with. It's like: if it's expensive it must be good, and if it's SUPER expensive, well, obviously it must all be true, the promises and blah blah blah. What a bunch of bushwah. There is absolutely nothing special in the formula; what would have been about the only thing that could have some efficacy would be sunscreen but nope; doesn't have it.

Worse still is the antiquated packaging. Any promising active ingredients will start to degrade the moment you open the jar and expose the contents to sunlight and air. Doesn't the story go something like some space guy created this? A "scientist?" Well, any scientist worth his or her stuff would do due diligence and find out about the stability of formula components and do what it took to make sure the precious potion was stored appropriately to keep active ingredients stable and, well, active. But I guess people who waste money like this (sorry sis) are desperate to believe anything, any improvements they see would be the same (or better!) with a far cheaper product with a better formulation and stable packaging; OR they have money to burn and buying a pot of this stuff is more for the ego--"I can afford to waste money on this."

Honestly: extra virgin olive oil (kept in an opaque container!) would be a better skin care item than this junk. Consumers: start to read labels and learn about cosmetic ingredients and factors which degrade their quality and potency!

And consider this: if just ONE miracle cream out there actually worked, why would we need any more than that? Well, there are different skin types, but the fact that there are thousands and thousands of lotions and potions out there, that's really telling a reasonable person something. And here the rant endeth.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I started using this product to help fade my acne scars. It works wonderfully for that purpose. I am still suffering from acne and it does not cause me an breakouts which is amazing! My skin is very sensitive also and this does not irritate. The only thing I don't love is after about 7 months of use I noticed it wasn't hydrating as much.(could even be the weather or another product) but I noticed my skin was getting dry so now I rotate this with neurogena soothing cream which works great too. I give this 5 stars because I will continue to buy and use this. I've tried the serums by la mer also but didn't notice too much difference.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For such an overpriced face cream that contents cheap ingredients like mineral oil whatsover! Never in my mind will buy something so expensive with results like less expensive products! Never mind will buy it again!!! Totally waste of money

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got a deluxe sample of this with a GWP. I like it a lot. It's a thick creme that is especially nice on the dry, irritated skin that I get from using Retin A. But it's crazy how expensive is and the jar packaging isn't hygienic and antioxidants don't like being exposed to air and light. Still, I look forward to getting it with another GWP as it's such a nice product and I love the way it smells.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My MIL works at Barneys, so I got a sample jar of this "miracle broth" cream. I don't know what it is supposed to do, exactly, other than cause weight loss in one's wallet. It is thick, oily, and waxy, like cold cream, and has a similar powdery/floral scent. After two nights of use, my normal-to-oily skin was a mess of breakouts. This stuff contains mineral oil and fragrance, which for my skin cancels out any "miracle" in the "broth." I don't knock this for women with drier skin, but believe it or not I used up my mini-jar on my feet because that's the only part of my body that can tolerate so much grease!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got this as a sample from Neiman Marcus last week. I have heard raves about this product for years from various magazines. I have to say that I have no idea why. La Mer is not only very expensive ($230 USD for two ounces), it seems very cheaply made like Ponds or Nivea. Also, the product even smells like Ponds Cold Cream. It has an old-fashioned rose scent. Due to its heavy, oily texture, I cannot see myself wanting to get La Mer on my oily PPP skin. However, for the past three nights, I have been using a small amount of it under my eyes. So far, I have had no irritation which is good. Yet, I have not noticed any miraculous changes either. Like I said earlier, I think any drugstore brand eye cream would be better suited.
Overall, I would never buy this. To do so, IMHO, would be stupid. I know that La Mer = RIP OFF! Check out this link I found:

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a really great moisturizer. I had some flakes along my cheeks from mild retinol treatments. I put this is on and it healed overnight. I also love how you can see and feel how fast it absorbs into your skin. I do believe that it is essential to put this on the right way. Im talking about the whole, "rub between your hands" part. I have been using a trial sized jar for around two weeks now as a night treatment and an occasional daytime moisturizer. The tiny jar is a little less than half full now.
Less is more with this stuff. I think that if you put too much on, you'll get white bumps. I heard that this is the result of your skin getting so much rich moisture that it doesnt know what to do with it.
I will be very sad when my tiny jar is used up because it's just soo expensive! How ever, I heard that if it's used as a night treatment only, and you use the right amount, it'll last from 7 months to a year.
I think it's worth getting a trial size to see if your skin reacts well to this stuff first.