La Mer Creme de la Mer The Moisturizing Creme

Filtered by skin tone : Other

3.5

Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Lime Extract, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesame Seed Oil, Ecalyptus Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesame Seed, Alfalfa Seed Powder, Sunflower Seedcake, Sweet Almond Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Glyconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Paraffin, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Beta-Carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance (Parfum)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this product is the only one my skin loves. I have very reactive, acne-prone skin. I can find moisturizers that hydrate my skin, but they normally clog my pores, cause irritation, or acne. La Mer calms, soothes, hydrates, HEALS, & repairs my skin. It even heals acne that won't go away (I'm not sure how, but it does!) For several months, I've been trying different moisturizer brands, & my skin is a mess. I now have a couple of zits that just want to live on my face forever.

holy Grail for me

Glorified Vaseline. Don't get duped.

I have tried it over the years: samples, buying the smallest jar, more samples... And everytime I am wondering how I could forget what happened last time I used it. I hated it. Every. Time. I don't like this stuff. But I wanted so desperately to love it. Because it's La Mer!

But no. My skin hates it. I have fairly normal/combination skin that's a tad on the dehydrated side. This cream did not hydrate my skin at all. It felt a little bit greasy on top of my skin (which I don't mind - I actually often apply a few drops of Argan Oil on top of my moisturizer day and night). My issue was that it just didn't hydrate enough and it broke me out too.

The main ingredients in La Mer are water, silicones and Mineral Oil, which left me with pimples and blackheads all over my face.

I also tried the Soft Cream, which did hydrate a little bit better but broke me out even worse. It took weeks to clear my skin up after using it for only 3 days!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'll admit - in the quest for the holy grail of creams with winter approaching I coughed up $300 for La Mer. It did not break me out but it had a thick consistency that made my skin feel a bit waxy after a week.

At the end of the jar, I looked closely at my skin and saw no improvement at all. For a thick cream for winter I'm going to stick with cetaphil cream or Morningsong Gradens bee balm from Ohio for a fraction of the price.

Big no for me. it caused an allergy on my skin. Use of coconut oil gave me better results than this cream for $$$.

I don't normally write reviews, but I feel like I should start. I have no issue with the cost, as long as it delivers. I've tried brands from ultra high end to low, and this was less moisturizing than loreal. I don't understand the hype and would not repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love it. I've used other brands that have provided more moisture, but this is the only one that made my skin look better

This moisturizing cream is over hyped. It not better than other moisturizers. For how expensive it is it contains chemical byproducts, minerals oil, silicone,other chemical and irritants. The brand Nivea Uk and Asia version has a face cream that is $ the $$$ price that is a close dupe in ingredients to this cream. Some times more expensive doesn't mean it works better it's the ingredients and how your skin reacts to the product.
Just some side facts mineral oil(paraffinum liquidum), petrolatum and paraffin are basic cheap ingredients that are in most drug store and high end moisturizers. These ingredients are byproducts derived from petroleum which is a from of gasoline. They have same origins in fossils fuels. How these ingredients works is by locking moisture in the skin, mineral oil and silicons sits on the skins surface like plastic rap and can potentially block pores. Your outer skin does eliminate toxins, sweat, and oil and absorbs moisture from the air. By blocking the pores it doesn't allow any oil, sweat or toxin to come out so its trapped underneath the skin which in turn can cause clogged pores and even breakouts

I have been using the Gel for over 8 months now as the cream was always too heavy for my skin and made me breakout. At first it didn't feel like it was doing much to my skin or helping moisturise it but after using it for this long I have noticed a difference. My overall skin on my face is so smooth and soft and my red acne scars have faded. I've been trying to figure out why and then I realised it's because I use the gel daily only once in the daytime and it really helps balance out my skin. As expensive as it is that one pot has lasted me all this time but is almost running out so I will one hundred percent buy it again