La Mer Creme de la Mer The Moisturizing Creme

Filtered by age: 25-29

3.5

Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Lime Extract, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesame Seed Oil, Ecalyptus Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesame Seed, Alfalfa Seed Powder, Sunflower Seedcake, Sweet Almond Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Glyconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Paraffin, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Beta-Carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance (Parfum)

I have heard so many good things about La Mer along with the miracle broth that is contained within the La Mer product line. My biggest concern is the fact that mineral oil is the 2nd ingredient within many of their products. Mineral oil sits on top of the skin and is a by-product of jet fuel therefore unless the mineral oil has been distilled several times over I am very concerned about using this product. On a very positive note, the reason I began to research the La Mer line is due to a 2nd degree grave burn that I received from a cosmetologist posing as an esthetician who used a knock-off facial brush (very cheap and rough) of one of the well known brush's out there of which a chemical peel was then applied to my face thereafter. I could not use anything on my face for 18-months other than a product called Jelene that has been tested in burn treatment centers in the Midwest. My skin is doing much better however it will never be the same as the stratum lucidum, basal cell and subcutaneous layer have been damaged. I was advised that LaMer products have helped many burn victims therefore I am of the belief that the mineral oil used within these products may be distilled several times over, however I will be calling the company to find out. Any comments would be appreciate d if anyone is aware of how their mineral oil is processed.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I really contribute this to being the saviour of my skin woes..It is now HG status for me!

I have had dehydrated, clog prone and generally just nightmare skin for as long as I can remember (28 now) ..... I use retinol 3 times a week and this morning and night inbetween. I know people claim it is bogus and nivea works just as well, but iI have tried SO MANY moisturisers, serums , etc and nothing has given me results like this. I don't need to know why it works, I'm just absolutely relieved and over the moon to have found something that works for my complexion. It is even toned, plump, smooth and no longer a constant thing I obsess over.

It is pricey but I have paid just as much if not more for a lot more 'sciencey' products, anyways a lot of skincare now is big bucks. I use a tiny amount of this after I tone (with pixi rose glow toner) and then warm this between my fingers and press into skin.

I just love it.

Two words. Overpriced & under-performing.

Firstly: My mother purchased this product for us to use together. Her skin type is: Very dry skin, mature.
We used it over a span of 7-8 months with repurchases when finished (we were hopeful)
We BOTH use LACTIC ACID, RETINOLS & CHEMICAL PEELS (so we need constant skin barrier repair!)

So what was our experience with this? Long story short: It's just a regular moisturiser. Meh.

**CLAIMS: Gives a glow, moisturises and soothes. Sales rep said this was ANTI-AGEING, WRINKLE KILLING, LIFTING.

**RESULTS: Absolutely NO glow or radiance, moisturised yes because it contains so many oils (sweet almond, sesame) & cleansed petrol (mineral oil, petrolatum, etc). NO anti-ageing results including lifting, firming, etc

**INGREDIENTS: you're basically paying for the algae extract. because the rest of the ingredients list can be duped by much cheaper brands like Origins (also an Estee Lauder brand).

But guess what? Algae extract itself isn't an effective anti-aging, glow giving ingredient, but components like ASTAXANTHIN are.
SADLY you need to isolate this component from the algae itself and THEN add it to the product to see anti-ageing/glow results.

You're only paying for the name & marketing, this is overpriced for what it's offering.

**IF you're looking into LUXURY skincare I recommend Sulwhasoo or SK-II. They are actually immensely effective for all skin types & have above-excellent products for skin barrier repair**

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am in my late 20's and have problems with acne and combination skin. My skin is dry in the middle of my cheecks and usually flakey around my acne spots.

My mom gave me this cream as a gift and i have been using this for almost a year. It did ok with hydrating my skin. Nothing special..no skin transformation or anything miraculous.It did not help with acne scars(i have minor imperfections from previous acne spots) but it did not brake me out either.

It is a luxurious product, the smell is divine,the texture,the packaging...everything! The jar lasted me almost a year, an little goes a long way...
But i cannot justify the price tag...I have also used the Miracle Oil by LaMer and i can tell you that it works great under my foundation!But again i believe you can find better products at better prices..

I have been using my NeoStrata Bio Hydrating cream for the past 2 weeks and it has done wonders to my skin!
No more small flakes or dryness and my red spots have decreased a lot.

So....thank you mom for the luxurious gift and for the experience, but honestly if you have problems with your skin this is not a cream for you.(IMHO)
If you have good skin which needs basic hydration and you have money to spend, then it is a great cream!!

this is my absolute favourite skin care range by far i first tried it about four years ago after having mhy second child my skin had become very patchy and pigmentation damage was really bad i had tried so many products but this was the best i have ever used it is very expensive but i think it is the best skincare range in the world honestly when u apply it to your face it feeds your skin it made me glow like unbeliveable this is the most beautiful product i have ever used i can not say enough about this range the masks are beautiful any of these la mer products i would score 100 percent hands down your skin just glows and feels unbeliveable after trying i first brought my cream from smith and caugheys or from duty free but now can see i can purchase thru you so i cant wait to buy.it is very expensive one of the most dearest products i have ever purchased but so worth it it smells glorious as well as u rub it on your face it just melts into your skin the felling i get off it is just amazing and the results are even more amazing

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Overrated, overhyped and overpriced. Buy yourself a tub of Nivea and you'll have a product that's 99% similar for a fraction of the cost. What does sea algae really do for the skin? Is there scientific evidence for it? Likely not. All these "anti-aging" ingredients have limited evidence-based research to support the claims of the company.

I read sooooo many reviews about this product. Let’s be honest it’s been around for years i just never had the money to afford it. Finally gave in. Quite a think consistency so good for people with very dry skin. Takes a while to rub in since it’s so thick. Unfortunately this did not work out for my sensitive acne prone skin because it broke me out terribly. Huge cystic pimples. Such s shame of destroyed my face but at least now I’ll know and won’t have to give up anything to afford buying this again in the future.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After reading all the articles, reviews, and “myths” of this cult classic, I became obsessed with trying this product. I don’t have a La Mer counter near me, so I decided I would wait to get a sample. So around the time I was going to visit Dallas for the holidays, I got a voucher for a free sample of The Soft Cream, which was just launching at the time. I was so excited. I’m fairly young with combination skin, so the Soft Cream seemed like an even better match! Cut to putting the Soft Cream on - my skin was instantly was irritated, and had two cysts within 24 hours. I was disappointed that this “miracle” product messed with my skin so badly, but relieved I wasn’t hooked.
But still, I kept reading raves about the face saving qualities of Creme de La Mer. So when I was in Saks with my grandmother, I decided to not give up and asked for samples of the original La Mer. I’m so glad I did!
Before I go any further, I will say I use this product in a weird way. I know that this product is known as being extremely heavy and intensely moisturizing. But my skin seems to crave more moisture after application. So I use this like a serum, and apply a good dollop of Night of Olay’s Firming Cream (ironic to apply a $6 cream on top of the $100 La Mer.)
I wake up with the calmest, moisturized, glowy skin. Anytime my skin is freaking out or is in need of intense moisture/repair, I was my face with Aveeno Calming Foam Cleanser, press/pat La Mer in my skin, and then smear Night of Olay all over, and I wake up with my skin okay again.
I will say that I hate the packaging with a passion. Even though all my favorite moisturizers come in jars, I hate them. I think the logo is unappealing, the plastic almost comes off as cheap, and I find the whole thing bland. I would personally think that a cream that has the status, reputation, and price tags it does, the company would have more appealing packaging. But I guess that would rise the already high price tag, and also “if it ain’t broke, don’t try to fix it.”
Now, to address the German Nivea business. After discovering Makeupalley and reading reviews of Creme de La Mer, I heard about the “similarities” of German Nivea and Creme de La Mer. So when I saw I could get German Nivea through Amazon Prime, I pounced.
Many disagree, but I get the same/similar results from German Nivea (not the kind from Mexico - breakout city) that I do from Creme de La Mer. There are differences in scent, texture, and absorption, but I have not found any differences in the moisture and calming effects between the two creams. I use the German Nivea the same as La Mer (under Night of Olay). So, obviously, I use Nivea as a permanent alternative to La Mer, due to price. That said, I always keep a sample of La Mer in the back of one of my vanity drawers. They are THE MOST moisturizing creams I’ve tried. No other serum, lotion, cream, oil, balm, etc. has ever delivered the amount of hydration and moisture these two creams do.
So overall:
First - get a sample. Unless you don’t have much of budget, this cream is an investment.
Second - if you like the sample, give German Nivea a try. The price difference is worth it.
Results: A
Price: D+
Packaging: F
Overall: C+

Really loved the result - however the price was so high!.
I think there might be cheaper good alternatives :) suggestions welcomed.

But overall this did help with some small lines on my face ! so overall would buy it again.

This product has no value and no results. The formula is ridiculously basic certainly not worthy of its three digit price tag. All it is is mineral oil and perfume. It's the modern day snake oil. My more detailed review video is below.