La Mer Creme de la Mer The Moisturizing Creme

Filtered by age: 19-24

3.6

Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Lime Extract, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesame Seed Oil, Ecalyptus Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesame Seed, Alfalfa Seed Powder, Sunflower Seedcake, Sweet Almond Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Glyconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Paraffin, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Beta-Carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance (Parfum)

I don't think people are reviewing the right product. This stuff does not have a 3 digit price tag. It has a FOUR DIGIT PRICE TAG ($2,200 A JAR).

I was skeptical, but this stuff truly is a MIRACLE CREAM. I am acne prone, but have no acne thanks to my medications. Dryness, gone. It made my skin buttery soft, like velvet. Redness, gone. My face looks like it is in constant candle light. It's TIGHTER & FIRMER, & at my age I'm already tight & firm. Didn't break me out. Healed a small cut I had over my eye in just 2 days! My foundation that used to pick up dry patches goes on like silk, there are no dry patches. My skin is paler because it's so much more calm & soothed. I don't know if it's the algae or what - but the hype is real.

If you don't want to buy it, maybe do what I did. I bought a bunch of clothes from Neiman's, then asked the sale girl for a sample. After seeing how much I spent in the store, she opened a jar & gave me a sample. Remarkable stuff. I WILL go back & buy this, I don't care what the cost. I will store it in my freezer like they say to do, & it will last me a couple of years, you only need a dab! Incredible...just WOW.

I am not going to go ecstatic like the media has for years and years over this cream, but I like it enough to keep buying it despite the exorbitant cost. I know I will get super soft skin from it, but I think it is mainly the scent and luxury feel. The La Mer loose powder is the best powder I have ever known, and the concealer is first class. I just like the line over all for it's high quality feel and performance.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this product is the only one my skin loves. I have very reactive, acne-prone skin. I can find moisturizers that hydrate my skin, but they normally clog my pores, cause irritation, or acne. La Mer calms, soothes, hydrates, HEALS, & repairs my skin. It even heals acne that won't go away (I'm not sure how, but it does!) For several months, I've been trying different moisturizer brands, & my skin is a mess. I now have a couple of zits that just want to live on my face forever.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

-1: causes clogged pores.
-1: stopped absorbing well for some reason.

This product really helped my when my skin was in crisis from chapping, peeling, breaking-out, and a compromised moisture barrier, so I will always be thankful, however once my skin recovered, it began to clog my pores.

___
Original review below

Creme de La Mer is a thick, luxuriant cream. La Mer says to warm the cream between your fingertips and press gently on your skin. The trick is to use a tiny amount, half or third of a pea size, and divide that on three fingertips. Rub your fingertips together. The cream will become transparent, then you can press it on your skin. If you need more, repeat.

The first time I used La Mer, I scraped a bit of the excess cream off the inner seal with the spatula because I was

1) Experimenting
2) Conscious of how much it cost
3) In awe of how thick it was. In winter, it's semi-solid. In the Australian summer, it's much softer and melts between fingers easily.

Creme de La Mer had always seemed a dream to me -- entirely unreachable, shamefully expensive, utterly sumptuous. It seemed to me the creme de la creme of skincare.

The reason I entertained the possibility of buying the dream was that my skin became dehydrated and fragile. The skin on my nose had always been thin and prone to breaking, but now it was constantly chapped. My cheeks felt uncomfortably dry despite moisturising. At the same time, acne big and small were popping up. Two big cystic acne bumps growing on my chin. A cluster of tiny white pustules around my nose. Two medium-size cysts coming to a head on my forehead. I was using Elizabeth Arden's Ceramide Capsules and a generous smothering of Cetaphil cream. The EA Ceramide Capsules didn't do much for my skin at that stage. The Cetaphil cream felt oily on top of my skin and didn't do the repair work I needed.

I was desperate. In my desperation, I turned to La Mer.

To give further context of my skin condition, I had applied MUAC 15% Salicylic Acid on my face, *face palm*, then one day later, feeling reckless and adventurous, I applied MUAC 40% Lactic Acid. One might question my sanity. My reasoning was that since my La Mer has arrived, I might as well exfoliate so my skin can absorb it better. For full disclosure, on the same day, I received my samples of Snowbang Essence, Shark Sauce, and El-Dorado oil from Holy Snails, which is a small company that sells hand-made skincare. Did I throw common sense and the scientific method to the wind and use all of my never-before-tested products together? You bet I did.

Thankfully, my skin didn't react to anything. I'll focus on La Mer in this review. The first night, it was soft, it was gentle, it was the first cream / lotion type moisturiser that didn't sting my skin or redden the skin around my nose despite all the pressing. The next morning, I only used the Holy Snails products. By evening, I could see obvious flakes around my nose, mouth and chin (this isn't dissing Holy Snails btw, it's because of the acid. I'm peeling after the acid peels). Also, a third cyst was growing on my chin together with new white pustules.

Thus, that night I used a larger amount of Creme de La Mer as the final step (no El-Dorado oil this time). When I woke up, my skin looked better. In the morning, I used a thin layer of La Mer. Again, no redness despite pressing! By night time, the flakes on my nose and mouth area were gone. Before my skin became fragile, it took 3-5 days of heavy moisturising to get rid of flakes. In the context of unusual skin fragility and dehydration and batshit crazy acid peeling, La Mer performed a miracle. The cystic acne on my chin was still there, alas. The oldest cyst is fading.

I have no doubt the toner and serum helped, however, La Mer has won my heart. I don't know whether the Miracle Broth is as extraordinary as the marketing says it is, and frankly, I don't care. It doesn't matter to me whether the genesis story is true or whether La Mer has remained faithful to its roots because I love the current product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The product smell soft& pure, not much of chemicals. Really pricey product & not working so well except for it hydration. The cream is thick& not easy to spread on. Not suitable for oily skin.

I am absolutely in love with this cream. A little background on my skin : normal with a little flakyness around my nose and eyebrows, no visible pores. Fine baby smile lines are starting to form, but due to my age (21) they are not very visible. Moisturising cremes tend to over-moisturise my nose and cheeks and make them look and feel oily while clogging my pores.

But this creme is a pot of miracle. During the months i've used it, creme de la mer has transformed my skin to the best it can be. My smile "lines" are not remotely visible any more. My nose has lost all the flakyness without looking remotely oily and my cheeks look healthy, fresh and glowy (not in a oily way). It hasn't clogged any pores, it makes my skin look and feel, well, amazing. Granted, I had not experienced serious issues with my skin before, I never even had acne, but this creme has made a good skin be perfect.

Another experience that convinced me about this creme is its healing properties. A few weeks back I suffered a bad burn on the side of my lips from, well, eating food that just came out of the oven too fast, which resulted in burning hot jam injuring my lips.
I figured the healing process would be slow, thinking how sensitive this area is. In a moment of despair since I had no burn cream, I used la mer for the next 2 days (which has algae extract as a main ingredient). My burn was completely healed in only 2 days.

In conclusion; I will buy this cream again when it's empty which will take a bit of time since you don't need much for your face and neck. I Highly recommend it especially to relatively young women who want to prevent signs of ageing showing to soon. The price is high, but the results I experienced, are worth the splurge.
Hope I helped :)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I know I maybe a bit too young to try on this but I was suffering from very dry skin, like really really dry skin
I used to have combination skin which didn't need attention, I can just put any moisturizer on and that's okay
but after I've tried some base make-up for a few times, my skin turned really really dry to the point that it hurts.

So, I've decided to try on this one and I can see changes within a month, in the first two weeks 60% of
my usual dry patches are gone and it kinda stop there, so, I decided to buy a bottle of renewal oil too.
Put Creme de La Mer together with the oil and the changes is prominent. My colleges notice the change,
I told her about my dry skin and a few weeks after I tried it she was like 'your skin doesn't look so dry now'.

I might buy a new one after this one run out but that's up to my financial status then,
since it way too expensive for me but I was desperate. I wouldn't suggest this to people with healthy skin
or my friends of the same age since I don't think 25 years old people would need this or can afford this
except for those who has skin problem or really dry skin and was desperate like me.

P.S. I rate this 4 of 5 since it's a bit hard to use, you need to warm it up and gently apply it,
can't just glide the cream on your face like softer moisturizer. It's a bit of nuisance to me.

I've used this for over a year, do I see a difference? No. Do I recommend this? No. The price is way too expensive and the product has mineral oil in it.

HG moisturizer for me. It doesn't break me out and leaves me nice skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

My mom got a small jar a few years ago and it's just been in the fridge forever till I decided to use it. It is very horrible to apply, feels like applying hair-wax on my face and doesn't spread at all. So I tried the "technique" of warming it in my paws and seriously, it felt like putting glue on my face. I asked my mom why she doesn't use it and it is exact same reason nor does it hydrate(dry skin runs in Nordic countries) which you would expect from such a heavy texture. Ingredients-wise it is not even worth 10 dollars. Talk about branding...