Philosophy eye believe - deep wrinkle peptide balm for eyes and upper lip

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Philosophy eye believe - deep wrinkle peptide balm for eyes and upper lip

3.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am on my second tube of this. I use a bit on my lids and then on the new little lip lines I seem to have gotten from Mother Nature a few years ago for my birthday. This product does a good job of blurring minor imperfections. I see a visible difference. I don't think it does anything for me on a permanent basis- I view its use as strictly cosmetic.
By the way, it says upper lip in the name but I put this on the lower lip and it works there too. I don't know why they did not just say lips in the name unless women notice the upper ones first.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I received a generous sample of this at Sephora, and I have mixed opinions. Usually I use Total Eye Fitness gel from Pur Minerals twice a day, but wanted to switch things up a bit and tried this. Boy am I happy I got a sample!

I do like the consistency and feel when first applied, but suddenly on my normal-skinned lids it became very sticky and began to burn a slight bit, which didn't alarm me since the weather in Philly has been a nightmare, and I though my lids were just maybe a bit dry. It smells okay enough, not medicinal but not overpowering, just eh. A little does seem to go a long way. After using the sample for about a week, I didn't see any changes that made me feel the need to run out and purchase it. Yes, my lids look and feel moisturized, but they do when I use my Pur Minerals gel, too. It just didn't blow me away, and there's plenty of other creams and gels I'd purchase before this one.

on 5/29/2008 4:03:00 PM

This is a total luxury product in my opinion - it is not meant to replace an eye cream. However, having said that - I love this stuff. It feels soooo good going on and makes your skin feel like velvet - it absorbs well and doesn't intefere with eye makeup. It does seem to give a "temporary" fix to wrinkles but nothing lasting. I apply Nars Multiple in Copacabana over it under my eyes and it gives me a nice glowy effect. I don't use it on my lips as Aquaphor seems to do the trick for me and is much cheaper. Not sure I can keep shelling out $30 on top of my eye cream money but it is a very nice product (for under the eyes).

Love this stuff! It shouldn't be worn alone because it isn't a "moisturizer", it's a balm. It leaves my skin silky smooth and ready for eye cream and concealer. I used to get concealer settling in lines under my eyes even though I'm in my 20's and have minimal signs of aging around my eyes. When I use this I get no settling of concealer and everything applies much smoother sans tugging on the delicate eye tissue. It is a bit inconvenient to use (two steps instead of one), it adds to my already too complicated routine but I BELIEVE it's worth it:)

on 12/8/2007 9:07:00 PM

I use this first, then Hope in a tube on top. I use it on eye area then on lip area. It feels like velvet.

on 12/8/2007 9:05:00 PM

I use this combined with Philosophys other eye cream. Just put this on first, then thed other. I love it. it feels like velvet. I also use this on my lip area, then follow with Hope in a Tube,

on 4/17/2007 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Feels like silk going on, but it is more of a balm than a moisturiser. I've recently started using a different eye cream and have recently noticed how much better my eyelids are looking now (they were starting to look abit crepey). Tube is great as you just dispense the amount you need and it's really hygenic. Most eye creams give me milia on my cheeks and this is one of the few that doesn't. Even though it says 'deep wrinkle eye balm' on the tube, I think this is much better for young skin.

on 11/22/2006 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Eye Belive!! I'm 33 and I am getting quite a few fine lines under my eye's. I am totally addicted to eye cream's. I do love hope in a tube, I use it in the evening. Eye Belive is an excellent under eye balm, I use it in the AM every day. It is nice under summer bisque by BE or the supernatural.

on 7/20/2003 2:46:00 PM

Very rich cream, after a while started to harden around edges of the jar. Started to give me milia (white bumps) under my eyes, that's when I threw it away. Ouch! A very expensive eye cream barely used and useless to me.

on 1/20/2002 5:16:00 PM

Went on nicely, but God help you if any of this cream gets in your eye. Burns like fire!!!