Philosophy eye believe - deep wrinkle peptide balm for eyes and upper lip

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Philosophy eye believe - deep wrinkle peptide balm for eyes and upper lip

3.0

on 7/30/2009 5:14:00 PM

I just ran out and have been debating if I should shell out the $40 (here in Canada it is way overpriced) I use it morning and night with my Neostrata eye cream which I LOVE. It seems to help the other eye cream blend better. And I noticed my skin is drier without it. I think I'm going to have to buy it again as it lasted several months so in the long run its probably not that expensive. Plus it is fragrance free which is a must for me. Also I don't have the patience to test run any more eye creams.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Bought this last year together with dark shadows illuminating eye and upper lid cream last year during promotion.

The balm itself is kind of oily when put on the eye, but then it's fine after it's absorbed by the skin. The skin is really smooth after applying this. It can help a bit with the fine line at my undereye area but the line will simply reappear if I stop using this product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I was not impressed. I wanted to like this. I saw all the rave reviews and ordered it from Sephora right away. It's not a bad product but it's ridiculous to pay $30.00 for a tube of silicone. That super sleek smooth feeling is from pure silicone. It doesn't do anything long term for the skin. It's only temporary like a primer which fills in things for a short time. I prefer Isomers peptide delivery system. I wanted something super moisturizing and yet gentle for the eyes to use on top of Isomer's serums (their serums are to die for but they don't do much for moisture). This made my eyes itch a bit and it felt like all I was doing was smearing silicone under my eyes (which is pretty close to the truth). The $30.00 price tag is utterly ridiculous! It wasn't even that great of an under eye primer which I wanted it for as well. This is going back to Sephora.

on 4/1/2007 6:55:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

not sure how i feel about this yet. i will be updating this as soon as i finish off the bottle to see if i see any more long term effects. i think it may have slightly lifted the area around my eyes, honestly.

i purchased this a few weeks ago. the first week, i think my eyes may have been slightly puffier and the lids may have actually darkened a bit. the texture is quite nice and velvety though and the surface smoothing effects are very evident. good to use under eye makeup and such (sort of like a primer. it goes on smoothly like that.) continued >>

on 2/20/2007 10:19:00 AM

this review is for the new version of this released this fall, 2006. It comes in a tube, which is great for getting the right amount of product out with no contamination. This is designed to prevent and plump fine lines as it has retinol, peptides and hyaluronic acid in it. I have been using it for about 2 months now and have to say I am a huge fan. It has a gel like texture and is perfect under concealor. It provides a smooth base for my makeup with no smearing or creasing. No milia either. the texture remind me of clinque's original all about eyes which was also a gel, but this has more actives and really seems to be doing a great job on the fine lines i have starting to form. I apply this when my eye area is still damp in the am (i find all products with hyaluronic acid perform better this way i.e Lipfusion). At night i use clinique repairwear and layer all about eyes rich over this once it has sunk in. This trio of creams is really working well for me and are all affordable as far as eye products go. would definitely purchase again.

on 2/12/2007 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Umm, not a big fan because this made my eyes swell and itch. I also did not think it worked well under makeup(I wore it under my eye cream with spf); it made my concealer smear, ball up and crease which is not usually a big problem. Tried using it at night and it didn't moisturize enough and I woke with puffy eyes. Back it goes. sigh.

This is a nice, light, hydrating eye cream, but there's nothing spectacular about it. I might buy it again, but only if it's discounted or on an auction site. I don't like it well enough to pay full price.