Philosophy eye believe - deep wrinkle peptide balm for eyes and upper lip

Filtered by age: 19-24
Philosophy eye believe - deep wrinkle peptide balm for eyes and upper lip

3.3

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I received a generous sample of this at Sephora, and I have mixed opinions. Usually I use Total Eye Fitness gel from Pur Minerals twice a day, but wanted to switch things up a bit and tried this. Boy am I happy I got a sample!

I do like the consistency and feel when first applied, but suddenly on my normal-skinned lids it became very sticky and began to burn a slight bit, which didn't alarm me since the weather in Philly has been a nightmare, and I though my lids were just maybe a bit dry. It smells okay enough, not medicinal but not overpowering, just eh. A little does seem to go a long way. After using the sample for about a week, I didn't see any changes that made me feel the need to run out and purchase it. Yes, my lids look and feel moisturized, but they do when I use my Pur Minerals gel, too. It just didn't blow me away, and there's plenty of other creams and gels I'd purchase before this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I was looking on Sephora to find a product for my dry skin around my eyes. For some reason I thought this would be a good option. However when I got it in the mail I realized it was for wrinkles. I still use it as it makes around my eyes feel smooth and wonderful. It doesn't do much for dryness (obviously). It even feels good on my lips if I can't find a lip balm near by. I really don't see any difference around my eyes, which is to be expected. Nice product, just isn't what I am looking for.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

wow not many people gave this 5 lippies..... just goes to show this is an ordinary eye cream! nothing spectacular. I like how it hydrates & absorbs well but thats about it! sadly...

Love this stuff! It shouldn't be worn alone because it isn't a "moisturizer", it's a balm. It leaves my skin silky smooth and ready for eye cream and concealer. I used to get concealer settling in lines under my eyes even though I'm in my 20's and have minimal signs of aging around my eyes. When I use this I get no settling of concealer and everything applies much smoother sans tugging on the delicate eye tissue. It is a bit inconvenient to use (two steps instead of one), it adds to my already too complicated routine but I BELIEVE it's worth it:)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Bought this last year together with dark shadows illuminating eye and upper lid cream last year during promotion.

The balm itself is kind of oily when put on the eye, but then it's fine after it's absorbed by the skin. The skin is really smooth after applying this. It can help a bit with the fine line at my undereye area but the line will simply reappear if I stop using this product.

on 3/30/2007 4:04:00 PM

I love this eye balm, it goes on silky smooth and makes my eye area look amazing! It instantly reduces the look of my fine lines and wrinkles and gives me a refreshed awake look. It helps with my dark circles. I don't get a ton of moisture from this, but enough. Sometimes I layer another cream over it for a little more moisture. I'm not sure if I am getting any long term benefit from this, but it makes my eye area look and feel incredible. I will definitely rebuy.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

This stuff feels like silk when you apply it, and it leaves my eyes looking very refreshed!! I'm 23, so it's more so for preventative measures.

on 2/19/2007 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

has anyone tried this with hope in a tube? the philosophy site says so. i wonder if it will be more effective with it. but then i would want to hear testimonials first before i spend another PHP1,850.

this i the nicest eye cream i have ever used. its not oily. its smooth and it feels so thin. it's barely there. (fyi, i tried origins, st.ives, l'oreal visible results, nivea). I notice a difference but it's only minimal. Well, at least there is! (that's why im wondering if i should purchase hope in a tube).

this is expensive. but i'll definitely repurchase.

i'm 23 with dry skin.

I bought this after reading some great reviews on another site, and I wish I hadn't. It's an alright moisturizer, but doesn't do jack for my dark circles (which is what I wanted it for). It's in a jar you have to dip in to--not very hygenic. It's lasting me quite a while, so the $28 I dropped on it isn't completely wasted, but I won't be repurchasing.

This was a completely useless item. It says it contains fruit acids and antioxidants, but the packaging ensures that whatever form of antioxidants might've been in there would be changed into an inactive form. The texture of the cream is very thin, it doesn't feel thick enough to do any good as far as moisturizing goes. My skin is combination-dry, but the area around my eyes in particular is quite dry. I've been using this to try and help with the small fine lines around my eyes but this product has done nothing for them...in fact when I wake up in the morning after applying this at night, it feels like my eyes got drier! I can't imagine who would want to use this eye cream, as it seems to have absolutely no benefits whatsoever. I don't have undereye circles so I can't judge how effective this is in fighting those but I don't believe it would do any good either. This one's a dud, don't buy it. If you're gonna buy any eye cream, go for Shiseido's Benefiance one, that one definitely moisturizes well.