Dermalogica Ultra Sensitive Faceblock SPF 25

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
No Image

2.9

Not tested on animals

(TiO2 and) Melissa Officinalis, Octyododecyl, Neopentanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Diethyhexanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Diisostearate, DEA-Cetyl Phosphate, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Ectracts Of: Camellia Oleifera Leaf, Echinacea Purpurea, Vitis Vinifera Seed, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel, Centella Asiatica; Panthenol, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Sorbitol, Proline Lecithin, Essential Oils Of: Citrus Grandis Peel, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis, Aniba Rosaeodora Wood, Geranium Maculatum, Lavender,Thyme; Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Iron Oxides, Magnesium Silicate, Aluminum Hydroxide.

on 11/21/2010 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

UPDATE. I actually kept a hold of this and when I was in a drier hot climate I was very surrpised to find that this was very nice on my skin. I didn't moisturise underneath it (or used a gel type cream) and I found that this tinted sun cream looked very natural and I didn't look all greasy/shiny at all. My earlier review was written whilst I was in a very humid heat (and sometimes with a richer moisturiser underneath as well), and I'm starting to see that most sun creams don't perform very well on my face in those conditions. I'm so glad I didn't throw this way. I've changed my overall rating to a 4 and have now answered yes to re buying. However, I'll keep looking for other options, mainly becuase I'm trying to find something a little cheaper.
***********************************************************
This product did stop my face from burning and didn't break me out, so in some ways it was good and did as it said on the box, as it were. I also quite liked the tinted quality, as it made my face look healthy. However, I also found it to be very thick and it felt horrible on my face. I like a natural feel, and sadly this wasn't natural feeling at all. I realise that that it is very difficult to find an effective sun cream that isn't 'thick' feeling, but this seemed to make my face feel greasy and shiny and horrible. It was also very expensive. I will use all the product up, but probably won't buy again. I found another one by La Roche Posay that was cheaper (very surprised about that) and more suited to my needs. I do think this would be perfect for other people.... but just not for me.

on 9/21/2009 2:59:00 AM

Although the product does its job with a good consistency that is not too thick, with good sun protection, I am still not a big fan of the tint, At first i thought the tint would work well as a cover up, but due to its consistency (bit to sheer) to do any cover up if u have blemishes.

i find that it does somewhat obstruct make up application, (but this maybe due to the fact that i am asain and have comparitively fair skin.) anf the darker tint in the sunscreen is not compatible with my foundation colour.

i find that it does leave an oily film to develop after application , but i have blemish/oil prine skin. So maybe not advised for those with oily skin types.

so the main issues with this product is its tint (if fair complexion) and issue to make skin oily later on in the day.

on 8/1/2009 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

CONS:
This product definitely broke me out. I was really hoping to like this product because I spent a good while looking at the top 8-10 ingredients to check if they were comedogenic/skin irritants (which you should try reeeaaaallly hard to avoid if you are acne-prone). As far as I was able to research, the top ingredients in this product were not comedogenic nor skin irritant, but apparently, this did not suit me at all.

PROS:
The scent is pleasant; I would say it's kind of a subtle citrus.
The tinted property was actually pretty nice on my skin, since I have a medium skin tone.
The consistency was a little bit heavy.

on 3/31/2007 12:51:00 PM

This is the best facial sunblock I've tried, it doesn't irritate my skin at all. I have a combination of acne and rosacea and I don't get any breakouts from this + since it's tinted it evens out my skin tone nicely. However, if I was paler or darker it mightn't suit me so well. Overall a very good product but looking at previous reviews it's obviously a product you either love or hate so if possible get a sample first. Ideally I would have liked a higher SPF but sure you can't have everything I suppose...

on 12/31/2006 5:02:00 PM

I love the tint in this sunscreen. It evens out any blotchiness, but is not like a bronzer. It's gentle & has not made me break out. I'm acne prone, so this is a winner. In my opinion, the only negative is that it is a little on the oily side.

on 8/7/2006 6:48:00 AM

CAUTION *** This product is extremely OILY ***. OK it might say it's oil free or whatever, but after applying this to my face - it is thick, it doesn't absorb at all, and my face looks shiny and oily. A layer is left on top for hours and hours. It's like applying the cheap pharmacy sunscreen on the face. Smells yuck too. It's one of the worst Dermalogica in my opinion.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Love this product. Mix it with Barrier Repair for better consistency. Love the tint which is good in Winter to add some color to my light olive face (LLL).

on 5/14/2005 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Texture: It is too creamy and thick, for my normal to oily skin in summery weather, too heavy and greasy.
Color: Im surprise to see the beige color when I open it, which is more like a foundation then sunscreen IMO, the color (natural tone, around NC30) is *not* sheer at all, which would definitely have effective V more then just even out skin tone. In another words, pale or dark skin wouldnt be nice with it on. Besides, since this is sunblock, and is supposed to leave it on top of skin, it could easily tint the clothingK
*** Im glad this is only a sampleK what a very disappointing productK

on 9/8/2004 3:41:00 AM

Although i do like that fact that it is lightly tinted, this leaves my face oilier than it already is. this could work well for someone with dry skin, but it is too oily in consistency for me. I do like the light scent though. I gave it a 4 because although it is not for my oily/sentitive acne prone skin, it is a great product and could be good for those with dryer less sensistive skin.

on 6/6/2004 10:40:00 AM

I have combo/oily skin.

Tried this in my never-ending quest for something with a spf protection. This one comes slightly tinted. I was so happy to find a SPF with slight coverage cos I have fairly good skin and just wanted something sheer with spf.

Unfortunately my face turned into an oil slick in a couple of hours. Returned and wont repurchase. continued >>