Dermalogica Ultra Sensitive Faceblock SPF 25

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
No Image

3.4

Not tested on animals

(TiO2 and) Melissa Officinalis, Octyododecyl, Neopentanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Diethyhexanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Diisostearate, DEA-Cetyl Phosphate, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Ectracts Of: Camellia Oleifera Leaf, Echinacea Purpurea, Vitis Vinifera Seed, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel, Centella Asiatica; Panthenol, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Sorbitol, Proline Lecithin, Essential Oils Of: Citrus Grandis Peel, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis, Aniba Rosaeodora Wood, Geranium Maculatum, Lavender,Thyme; Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Iron Oxides, Magnesium Silicate, Aluminum Hydroxide.

on 5/15/2010 2:32:00 AM

I loved the cosmetic finish of this product. The tint was slightly darker than my fair to fair-medium complexion, but it blended well and looked good. It's neither too matte nor too shiny. It also lasted well through the day, even through heat and exercise. Most important, it didn't cause any reaction or break-out.

The downside is that it has only titanium dioxide for sun protection. Titanium provides good protection from UVB rays that cause burning, but it's not as good at UVA-I (long UVA) spectrum protection as zinc oxide. Until the manufacturer adds a good amount of zinc oxide, this probably isn't adequate sun protection for someone spending much time outdoors - like me!

ETA: My skin reacted immediately to the Super Sensitive product but not to this one - the exact opposite of a previous reviewer. :)

ETA again: Called the company to ask about long UVA protection. Was passed to "education", left message, got called back several days later by someone who didn't know what I was talking about but explained that titanium reflects rather than absorbing. Thanks, knew that. Well, I knew people say that - it's not quite right. I switched products.

on 1/31/2009 11:43:00 PM

This tinted sunscreen has a beautiful texture and luckily does not irritate my sensitive skin. It applies smoothly and is not sticky or oily. The downside for me is the tint is too dark for me (even in summer) and makes my face look dirty. Hence I would not repurchase for myself, but would repurchase for family members with more of a tanned complexion.
Edit: As a fair skinned person I have worked out how to make this work. I mix a little bit of this with my Ultraceuticals Daily Protective Moisturiser SPF 30+ and both the tint and the texture become PERFECT! The tint becomes lighter and peachy fair. Very natural looking. Fair skinned folks - I recommend getting a sample of this then mixing it with a facial sunscreen that may have a slight white cast when applied on its own. It's worth a try ;-)

on 3/14/2008 7:56:00 AM

One word - CITRONELLOL. This is a common skin irritant and yet they keep putting it in products, especially I have found for those with sensitive skin.

BOO! Back to Dr Leslie's book for another spf.

on 12/6/2006 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

After using many samples of this I like it a lot. I don't like sunscreen on my face and love this stuff. I'm PALE, but when I rub it in well gives a great glow and evens out my skin tone. I do feel it occasionally on my skin but that's because it's sunblock and not meant to fully absorb. sunblock leaves a physical barrrier on your skin to block sun. sunscreen absorbs into the skin and then absorbs the sun's rays. This stuff doesn't make me breakout, I tend to get congestion with sunscreen. Love it in the winter too, anything to help protect my skin from the winds too is a plus lol

on 5/1/2006 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This sunscreen makes me look like i've dirt in my face, it makes me look tanned in a bad way, and my skin is not THAT fair. I dont understand why this comes in only one, pretty dark color. Besides that, this is too greasy, it made my skin look oily, it doesn't seem to sink into the skin properly. The smell is strong and not very nice. I sold my tube I won't buy this stuff again.

on 2/4/2005 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This product is not for sensitive skin. It left mine, red, itchy and spotty. Also the colour is not suited for pale skins

on 12/11/2003 6:10:00 PM

I like this stuff. It does smell weird and look weird. It is tinted brown so I thought it would be gross, but it smoothes out my skin so I don't wear makeup over it. In fact, I think one would feel like they had stage makeup on if they did wear foundation over it because it is thick and a little heavy. However I like that I don't have to wear foundation when I use this. I can't wear it in the winter though because the tint is too dark for my fair skin unless I have a little tan.

on 2/28/2003 5:46:00 PM

I like this sunscreen. It keeps my face for getting shiny and gives a nice colour to my face. It doesn't irritate my skin either and I never get burned, just nicely tanned. I will by this again and again!

on 10/17/2002 12:19:00 PM

I love this sunblock!! I get freckles like mad when I'm out in the sun. This stuff not only 'blocks' the uv rays from my skin, but it doesn't make me break out. It comes with a slight tint, so there is no need to pack on makeup to cover any blemishes. Anither plus about the tint, is that I can see exactly where I'm applying it, and am able to make sure I'm it applying properly. I use a lightly pigmented powder for added coverage when needed. It's a little pricey for sunblock, but well worth the $, I buy 1 tube a year. A little goes a long way.