Dermalogica Ultra Sensitive Faceblock SPF 25

Filtered by hair type : Other
No Image

4.3

Not tested on animals

(TiO2 and) Melissa Officinalis, Octyododecyl, Neopentanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Diethyhexanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Diisostearate, DEA-Cetyl Phosphate, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Ectracts Of: Camellia Oleifera Leaf, Echinacea Purpurea, Vitis Vinifera Seed, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel, Centella Asiatica; Panthenol, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Sorbitol, Proline Lecithin, Essential Oils Of: Citrus Grandis Peel, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis, Aniba Rosaeodora Wood, Geranium Maculatum, Lavender,Thyme; Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Iron Oxides, Magnesium Silicate, Aluminum Hydroxide.

on 5/15/2010 2:32:00 AM

I loved the cosmetic finish of this product. The tint was slightly darker than my fair to fair-medium complexion, but it blended well and looked good. It's neither too matte nor too shiny. It also lasted well through the day, even through heat and exercise. Most important, it didn't cause any reaction or break-out.

The downside is that it has only titanium dioxide for sun protection. Titanium provides good protection from UVB rays that cause burning, but it's not as good at UVA-I (long UVA) spectrum protection as zinc oxide. Until the manufacturer adds a good amount of zinc oxide, this probably isn't adequate sun protection for someone spending much time outdoors - like me!

ETA: My skin reacted immediately to the Super Sensitive product but not to this one - the exact opposite of a previous reviewer. :)

ETA again: Called the company to ask about long UVA protection. Was passed to "education", left message, got called back several days later by someone who didn't know what I was talking about but explained that titanium reflects rather than absorbing. Thanks, knew that. Well, I knew people say that - it's not quite right. I switched products.

on 12/6/2006 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

After using many samples of this I like it a lot. I don't like sunscreen on my face and love this stuff. I'm PALE, but when I rub it in well gives a great glow and evens out my skin tone. I do feel it occasionally on my skin but that's because it's sunblock and not meant to fully absorb. sunblock leaves a physical barrrier on your skin to block sun. sunscreen absorbs into the skin and then absorbs the sun's rays. This stuff doesn't make me breakout, I tend to get congestion with sunscreen. Love it in the winter too, anything to help protect my skin from the winds too is a plus lol

on 7/31/2004 11:41:00 PM

I love this sunblock...it feels good on (not heavy, not oily), it looks good on (not white, not noticeable even though it's tinted), it does not irritate my sensitive skin at all, nor is there an annoying fragrance to irritate my sensitive nose. Most of all, it does what it's supposed to do...blocks sun...this PPP is happy!