Dermalogica Ultra Sensitive Faceblock SPF 25

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
No Image

3.2

Not tested on animals

(TiO2 and) Melissa Officinalis, Octyododecyl, Neopentanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Diethyhexanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Diisostearate, DEA-Cetyl Phosphate, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Ectracts Of: Camellia Oleifera Leaf, Echinacea Purpurea, Vitis Vinifera Seed, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel, Centella Asiatica; Panthenol, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Sorbitol, Proline Lecithin, Essential Oils Of: Citrus Grandis Peel, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis, Aniba Rosaeodora Wood, Geranium Maculatum, Lavender,Thyme; Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Iron Oxides, Magnesium Silicate, Aluminum Hydroxide.

on 2/15/2011 10:28:00 PM

Love this. Great tint, moisturizing....creamy and doesn't get chalky! SPF and antioxidants! What more could I want? This is the best tinted SPF I have used. Doesn't irritate eyes either...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was so excited to try this sunscreen, but sadly didn't work for my sensitive skin, my face turned red almost inmediately after applying it, had to remove it completely and I won't try it again.
DO NOT buy this product if you haven't tested before.

on 5/15/2010 2:32:00 AM

I loved the cosmetic finish of this product. The tint was slightly darker than my fair to fair-medium complexion, but it blended well and looked good. It's neither too matte nor too shiny. It also lasted well through the day, even through heat and exercise. Most important, it didn't cause any reaction or break-out.

The downside is that it has only titanium dioxide for sun protection. Titanium provides good protection from UVB rays that cause burning, but it's not as good at UVA-I (long UVA) spectrum protection as zinc oxide. Until the manufacturer adds a good amount of zinc oxide, this probably isn't adequate sun protection for someone spending much time outdoors - like me!

ETA: My skin reacted immediately to the Super Sensitive product but not to this one - the exact opposite of a previous reviewer. :)

ETA again: Called the company to ask about long UVA protection. Was passed to "education", left message, got called back several days later by someone who didn't know what I was talking about but explained that titanium reflects rather than absorbing. Thanks, knew that. Well, I knew people say that - it's not quite right. I switched products.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Well, this faceblock is awesome, but the spf is a tad low. And in our New Zealand conditions, it's like wearing nothing with spf 25.

Our recommended faceblocks should start at 30 above (especially on a summer)

This comes in a tint that I super super love! But it melts away during the day because of my oil.

The packaging is alright, it's upside down so it's easy to squeeze out since the product is already at the bottom. Dermalogica has really put a lot into their packaging, they didn't have in a fancy schmancy way but rather, it's purpose, and usability. Wicked.

on 9/21/2009 2:59:00 AM

Although the product does its job with a good consistency that is not too thick, with good sun protection, I am still not a big fan of the tint, At first i thought the tint would work well as a cover up, but due to its consistency (bit to sheer) to do any cover up if u have blemishes.

i find that it does somewhat obstruct make up application, (but this maybe due to the fact that i am asain and have comparitively fair skin.) anf the darker tint in the sunscreen is not compatible with my foundation colour.

i find that it does leave an oily film to develop after application , but i have blemish/oil prine skin. So maybe not advised for those with oily skin types.

so the main issues with this product is its tint (if fair complexion) and issue to make skin oily later on in the day.

on 11/2/2007 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If your skin is Ultra Sensitive/Reactive this is for you! Calms gives SPF protection and a wash of color that is the best tinted moisturiser ever

on 10/23/2007 4:29:00 PM

This is a wonderfully product. I love the light scent and my skin has a nice light tint of colour and it's left looking matte all day.

on 8/12/2006 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I dislike this faceblock because it leaves a dirty brown tint on my skin. Otherwise i think it is an quite a good sunblock. Because i can see the tint, i am able to tell where on my skin i have applied the sunblock sufficiently. :)

on 5/14/2005 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Texture: It is too creamy and thick, for my normal to oily skin in summery weather, too heavy and greasy.
Color: I¡¦m surprise to see the beige color when I open it, which is more like a foundation then sunscreen IMO, the color (natural tone, around NC30) is *not* sheer at all, which would definitely have effective ¡V more then just even out skin tone. In another words, pale or dark skin wouldn¡¦t be nice with it on. Besides, since this is sunblock, and is supposed to leave it on top of skin, it could easily tint the clothing¡K
*** I¡¦m glad this is only a sample¡K what a very disappointing product¡K